Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout? >

Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I really like the way the outside border boards are secured. Concrete block, a board mounted at 90 degrees to the border board and a big clamp. Great idea!

From the minds of Bud Kanemoto and Mike Alton - they did so much, plus, they built the trailer. I believe it was 1990
Old 01-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
From the minds of Bud Kanemoto and Mike Alton - they did so much, plus, they built the trailer. I believe it was 1990
Rich,

How is the metal piece between the board connected. It looks from the picture like the 90 degree stabilizing board is attached to this metal piece. How is this done?
Old 01-23-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Rich,

How is the metal piece between the board connected. It looks from the picture like the 90 degree stabilizing board is attached to this metal piece. How is this done?
When you see it you'll understand quickly. My words probably can't explain...I'll try...

Double hinge on the "stabilizer" board. One side has "three hinge" the second side has "two hinge".

So, main boards have a "two hinge" half coupling to the next board which has a "three hinge" half. Locked with a hinge pin.

The "stabilizer board" has a "three hinge" mating to the board which has a "two hinge" half and a two hinge on the second side (on the stabilizer board) that mates to the main board that has a "three hinge". that was a keyboard full.
Attached Thumbnails Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout?-hinge.jpg  
Old 01-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Rich you may be unhinged! LOL sorry that was too easy.

Barry I agree for the 1/8 onroad the surrounding boards should be at least 2x8 but 2x10 would be better. Also like someone already said the nose on the 1/8 will submarine under a pipe even the 2" pretty easily. The boards would be best.

Carlton
Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 710baby
Moved out here a year ago & I think no other state has as much racing as fla
Forgass state series 100+ entries
fseara electric state series 60-100
off road 120+
oval races I hear is real big out here as well
regular club race on avrg 120 entries & there is so many track outhere that you can practically race every weekend elec,nitro onroad or offroad year round
then you can't forget about the snowbirds stop at 800 entries and winternats over 200+ last year so FL WINS
Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

First I want to say, I was not trying to jack your post here... Sorry for that.. Rich just got me thinking...

Rich - many thanks for the pictures and help...

RC Pro - I agree, I just was trying to put it together in my head... What a great setup... I too had thought about a trailer and using the top for a drivers stand... but it all comes down to money...

Now back to the topic...

I agree FL and CA are the biggest, but after that, I have no idea... Jackson, MS is very low on the list... we average about 20 on-road, and 40 off-road at big race... club, we are lucky to break 10 to 15 total.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Ohio is very nice, with two excellent permanent tracks. Cincinnati www.TSRCAR.com has held two worlds and several national races, and Toledo www.oneeighthracers.com is 2.5 hours North of Cincinnati and is home to the Great Lakes Challenge.

Cincy's site has a gallery, which outlines the build and development of the track, I believe Toledo has pictures of their impressive on-road track too.
Old 01-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

RAMS....best non-permanent track ever! Large enough to let 8th scales stretch their legs. The speeds are high, and the boards are NASTY, but they teach you how to be precise. The fact that the layout always changes teaches you how to use different setups as well.

..It's why we're home to the fastest drivers in the country.

-Steve
Old 01-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Here are more photos of the Rams track:
Attached Thumbnails Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout?-dc5d.jpg   Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout?-28a8.jpg   Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout?-7f91.jpg   Which States Have The Best Tracks With Most Consistent Crowd Turnout?-d070.jpg  
Old 01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
then you can't forget about the snowbirds stop at 800 entries and winternats over 200+ last year so FL WINS
YO Smoke I did not want to rub it in that bad lol
But You got to admit certain big races are filling up in record time
2006 Great lakes challenge entire program was filled in almost a month
2007 Winternat's filled up faster than last year as well