Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best onroad .12 engine?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

go to pnp hobbies across from house of power. he will hook you up with anything you need
Old 01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
You are correct scarlet, the JL's are the best bang for your buck! it can hang with $300.00 to $400.00+ priced motors
Team Kamikaze do you sell JL's?
Old 01-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scarlet
Team Kamikaze do you sell JL's?
Kamikaze sells the JL and every other motor (JP,OS, SIRIO,Novarossi) out there. I know they have them in stock at a very good price.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dredd
not at all, I'm a noob still so makes and models blur in my mind and I can read a name and that sticks in my head. I met this guy at a local LHS and he helped me out understanding some stuff...in fact he was picking up that engine which is why I remember it specifically. Anyhow, I told him I wanted to get a better car (more of a racer) and he said to give him a call and we'd meet up and he'd let me take his for a spin once he got it set. There is a small track setup near the shop and I played around for a few minutes (carefully heh).

To get back on topic... if I wanted to upgrade the SH .12 in the G4S RTR to something with more power what would be the best bang for the buck drop in? Note: I don't have $300+ to drop on an engine which is why I'm getting a RTR until I can afford to buy the hop-ups and go up piece by piece. This topic outlines the best of the best but what is the most cost effective solution for someone on more of a budget?
I would strongly suggest an O.S. 12TZ(P)-T3. It's a very nice, reliable, and quite fast.. To top it off,, it's very easy to tune, within your budget, and lots of spares available..

You can also go a little bit extreme with the O.S. Speed 12 (the same engine you posted earlier). Basicaly it's the same engine as the TZ, but it's been modified from the factory. This baby is truly a missile . The only downside to this engine is the availability of the most important part (piston/sleeve set). You would have to send your engine to get it fixed which can sometimes be pretty expensive and not worth the venture.

Here's a link to the .12 TZ if you want and it's much cheaper than what is currently being sold in the US:

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=6028