Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Xray NT1

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nitrogasm
i am really loosing my peace with xray , i ordered a set of front cvd's well xray calls it a set in their marketing but you really only get a single cvd in a set , now wtf am i supposed to do with a single cvd and the supplier i got it from now is out of stock . this is lame

32.95 for 1 cvd when it clearly states it is sold as a set , i dont know wtf a set means in slovakia but everywhere else in the world a set mean a set
This is exactly what I mean in some of my previous posts where I alluded to the fact that normally one would expect that a credible company would abide by a "trade descriptions" ethic. XRay is not new to the RC world and so they should know that in the nitro side of things, "sets" are expected to be "pairs".

I also know they only sell ONE set of CVD per pack for their EP cars and when they sell a pair of something in a pack, they label the package with a "(2)" somewhere in the description. Perhaps they should add a "(1)" whenever that applies. For now some folks see this as a marketing ploy, just like I do.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Masterofpuppets
I wonder if their pants come with one leg per pair?
And they also only hear/listen to ONE side of the story too, THEIR side that says their kits are "luxury, exclusive, bestest, greatest" and don't you dare say anything otherwise.

Dang ... I feel like a grumpy old man now, sorry guys.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

... 32.95 x 2 = 65.90 + shipping + tax = 80 bucks for cvd's = bend over
You forgot something ... you'll need to pay for the luxury, exclusive KY jelly too!
Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
You forgot something ... you'll need to pay for the luxury, exclusive KY jelly too!
Don't you have any diff or shock oil leftover after you finish building the kit?? Why spend extra money when you don't have to?

You're terrible Slow.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Masterofpuppets
So whats the official verdict on the car?
OK so look, I beginning to appear anti-XRay and I don't like that. I buy my own kits to do the build reviews and videos of them for 3hobby.net and for that I write what I feel is right. So ... and this is not official ... the NT1 came close to getting me to start using it seriously. Maybe its my driving style but the 720 and NT1 is close in performance out of the box, NT1 might even be slightly better. In answer to Harry's question, I have given my complete "unofficial verdict" on the previous page ... am staying with the 720 for various reasons.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Don't you have any diff or shock oil leftover after you finish building the kit?? Why spend extra money when you don't have to?

You're terrible Slow.
My friend, I didn't want to post this but now that you've "opened the door" so to speak, here goes ... after the first 3 tanks of testing that you see in the video, I got home and found all the shocks were dirty so I cleaned them. By the time I wanted to take the car out again the following weekend I noticed even more oil had leaked and the diff also had some seepage. So, I will need what little I have of the kit's diff and shock oil because I don't how much I'll get for the money should I need to buy some more luxurious bottles.

However, I am also a generous kinda guy when it comes to fellow wedmaster-hobbyists who help promote the sport/hobby such as you so should you need some ... you know, in case you're tempted after seeing my video ... PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.

For me, I have non-luxurious ones from Serpent, Trinity and AE should I feel the need to bend over for an F180 or a G4+ (I'm not implying that they're expensive but I just bought the NT1 so ...)

Last edited by Sow&Steady; 06-07-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My friend, I didn't want to post this but now that you've "opened the door" so to speak, here goes ... after the first 3 tanks of testing that you see in the video, I got home and found all the shocks were dirty so I cleaned them. By the time I wanted to take the car out again the following weekend I noticed even more oil had leaked and the diff also had some seepage. So, I will need what little I have of the kit's diff and shock oil because I don't how much I'll get for the money should I need to buy some more luxurious bottles.
Leaking shocks and diffs? That's not too good.

I haven't seen any posts about leaking shocks, but someone did post a link to some advice on how to bleed them a certain way: http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?p=23104#23104

The leaking diff is not so surprising, as they choose to use the o-ring instead of a gasket. IMO, gasket is better.

Anybody else have problems with leaking shocks or diffs??

However, I am also a generous kinda guy when it comes to fellow wedmaster-hobbyists who help promote the sport/hobby such as you so should you need some ... you know, in case you're tempted after seeing my video ... PM me your address and I'll mail them to you.
Thanks for offering.

For me, I have non-luxurious ones from Serpent, Trinity and AE should I feel the need to bend over for an F180 or a G4+ (I'm not implying that they're expensive but I just bought the NT1 so ...)
Old 06-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

32.95 x 2 = 65.90 + shipping + tax = 80 bucks for cvd's = bend over
I believe if Xray come out a pair of CVD as a set. Many potential customer for NT1 will change their mind. Because by seeing the price of the pair of CVD you will get the shock and probably leads to heart attack.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Leaking shocks and diffs? That's not too good.

I haven't seen any posts about leaking shocks, but someone did post a link to some advice on how to bleed them a certain way: http://forum.teamxray.com/viewtopic.php?p=23104#23104

The leaking diff is not so surprising, as they choose to use the o-ring instead of a gasket. IMO, gasket is better.

Anybody else have problems with leaking shocks or diffs??
Maybe I exaggerated, its more of a seep but definitely lost some oil because when I rebuilt, they were half full approximately.

Thanks for offering.
Pleasure!
Old 06-07-2007, 03:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by thamjk
I believe if Xray come out a pair of CVD as a set. Many potential customer for NT1 will change their mind. Because by seeing the price of the pair of CVD you will get the shock and probably leads to heart attack.
Maybe someone in their packing department made a mistake because the price seems more for a pair to me ... or maybe I'm getting too cheap!
Old 06-07-2007, 05:38 AM

it is a luxurious car.. and yes you getting cheap uncle Sow
Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Tech Initiate

yes everything weeps seeps and leaks both my diffs and all the shocks . i do believe an o-ring is much better at sealing than a paper gasket xray just didnt design the o-ring seals correctly . the groove in the larger half of the diff has no positive means to retain the oring so it delflects causing leaking . as for the shocks they do weep fluid and over a three week period they went from having no air in them to leaking enough to need rebuilding .

one other thing im not sure people have noticed is the aluminum wheel hubs sold in sets of 2 for 20 dollars dont even come with the set screw to mount them . mugen or serpent = 4 aluminum wheel hexes for 20 dollars with the screw to ount them

mugen cvd set of 2 = 33.95
xray cvd set of 1 = 32.95

im not buying the hudy steel bs is why it cost more , i have never personally broke a mugen cvd so why is mr hudy's twice the price . the brownish color is only a type of either oil quench or hard coating , it's not the steel itself that is that color. for that price they could be made from 300m alloy which is far superior as far as a material goes .

i suggest anyone that buy an nt1 change over to mugen knuckles and cvd as a way to boycott their poor sales tactics and price gouging

besides getting everything to swap to mugen knuckles and cvd for half the prices of xray , you also have you choice of three different knuckle king pin inclinations for further tuning advantage

i guess im becoming the ralph nader for xray lol

maybe it's time for xray to stop proclaiming to be exclusive and become inclusive
being exclusive means to exclude .

and whats with being luxurious i dont see a fur coat in the box or any fine leather what a crock of shat

Last edited by Nitrogasm; 06-07-2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Initiate

What a bunch of crap... YOU beg them to bring out this car then you just put them down in everyway.... This is a fourm for information and corrective criticics not a bunch of cry babys its is possible you guys might need a different hobby like go FLY A FREAKING KIT oh but wait you guys might bitch about the wind
Old 06-07-2007, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by RC500
This is a fourm for information and corrective criticics
this is exactly what im doing providing information about the car i purchased having a certain expectation from all their hype and when i found all these shortcomings i feel it proper to warn and inform other consumers of my findings.

btw i do fly kites too maybe you should try it
Old 06-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Tech Adept

As stated above, it is pretty consistent across all of the XRAY cars that an item containing more than 1 will be indicated with the quantity in the name. All other singles will not have any extra notation on them. It is unfortunate if there is some misunderstanding regarding the packaging label and included items. If you look at the descriptions used by XRAY for the individual components, the reason for the 'set' description is a bit more apparent. The drive shaft itself, #335225 is listed as "CV DRIVE SHAFT - HUDY SPRING STEEL". The complete assembly, including the axle, coupling, driveshaft and pin, is called the "CV DRIVE SHAFT - SET - HUDY SPRING STEEL".

I will contact XRAY regarding the labeling to see if it can be updated, and I will also update our price lists for the US to help avoid any issues in the future. What description would work better than 'set' to differentiate the complete drive shaft assembly vs the shaft only? I understand how you can view the listing the way it has been discussed on here, but I also do not see anywhere in the photos or description that indicate two complete assemblies are included. I really think it is more of a language issue rather than intentionally deceiving the public as suggested.

Also, since we are all posting information for everyone's reference, I would like to point out that the previous post on the aluminum hubs in incorrect, at least in the US. The suggested price of the aluminum hubs is US$12.25 for 2, not $20 as claimed above. It is correct that the set screws are not included in the package.

I cannot speak to the metallurgy of the Spring Steel components from XRAY, but I can reference the excellent durability and strength we have seen in our 1/8th off-road universals and cv driveshafts. The NT1 has not been out long enough to do an accurate comparison with other brands yet as far as long term durability, but the XRAY XB8 has. Our universals will outlast just about anything on the market. When some other brands are replacing universals several times a year, we have many people go an entire season without replacing an XB8 Spring Steel universal. We hope and expect the NT1 will share similar durability traits with the buggy. So please keep this in mind as you evaluate costs between brands.

Bryan
RC America

Last edited by RC America; 06-07-2007 at 08:45 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.