Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Live webcam from EC in Holland

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Just a little info on the conditions in the final........

It was dry, but didnt really feel like it, if you touched a curb it would unsettle the car, personally my car was far easier to drive in the wet semi, in the final it was a struggle to stay on the track, and in my case i could not race with people i could just drive my own race.

We all would have preferred a grippy track & 45 mins, but that was not the case, and Ricky was unlucky to run out of tyre, but we all would have been quicker if we ran nice small tyres for 20-25 mins.

It was also difficult to decide on set up, as it had rained all day then all of a sudden it stops ! Also time was short between semis & final, and I only found out it was 30 mins after truing all my tyres smaller & planning a tyre stop, so we had to start again !

Congratulations to Dario for the win, and Mark for taking 2nd in the most difficult conditions.

lobotm, you are correct the Nova Rossi Plus 12-3 is a fantastic engine, but in those conditions surely you need to be able to put the power down ?
Obviously the 720 is a fantastic car, and they have world class drivers, but i dont really think they were lacking in power?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi,

Just a little info on the conditions in the final........

It was dry, but didnt really feel like it, if you touched a curb it would unsettle the car, personally my car was far easier to drive in the wet semi, in the final it was a struggle to stay on the track, and in my case i could not race with people i could just drive my own race.

We all would have preferred a grippy track & 45 mins, but that was not the case, and Ricky was unlucky to run out of tyre, but we all would have been quicker if we ran nice small tyres for 20-25 mins.

It was also difficult to decide on set up, as it had rained all day then all of a sudden it stops ! Also time was short between semis & final, and I only found out it was 30 mins after truing all my tyres smaller & planning a tyre stop, so we had to start again !

Congratulations to Dario for the win, and Mark for taking 2nd in the most difficult conditions.

lobotm, you are correct the Nova Rossi Plus 12-3 is a fantastic engine, but in those conditions surely you need to be able to put the power down ?
Obviously the 720 is a fantastic car, and they have world class drivers, but i dont really think they were lacking in power?
Power enough, Maybe to mutch for those conditions? I saw salven passing RickV on the main strait....

Mark Green sad his car was very hard to drive but he didn't spin off into the grass.. i think that was the key since going off into the (wet) grass will keep you down for 1 or 2 laps.. Jilles Groskamp had that a few times... when he's tires where dry and he got his ritme back, he was fastes on the track...
Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Tech Adept

He was one of the slowest on the track, Darren was a lot faster but even Darren went off whereas Dario I think only had a spin ON the track and never went off. Good driver? Yes. Trying too hard, yes but it was still slow enough to be safe and yet fast enough to get the laps in to win despite the mis-count.
Originally Posted by lobotm
Nope he just kept the car where it belongs on the grey part of the circuit
The others where spinning or stalling the engines.
Which turned out to be a wise decision, given the track conditions. Had the track and infield been completely dry things would probably have turned out different.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:06 AM
Tech Adept

Isn't it all for the fun of it? It was amazing to watch how these cars can be driven under heavy rain. Congrats to Dario and Team Magic. Thanks to the Border and the whole crew who made the live webcam possible.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

The full report is now online at 3hobby.net.

Videos are coming up soon!
Old 08-23-2006, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

they found a creature in the water

http://www.teamorion.com/orion/live/...day/rain26.jpg
Old 08-23-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

just accept the victory, why is there bad blood when not needed? gosh.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Orfeous
That is a crayfish, if cooked fresh it taste really good
Old 08-24-2006, 01:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
That is a crayfish, if cooked fresh it taste really good
I've seen a few walking around that day... We put them all back near the water behind the track, instead of eating them
Old 08-24-2006, 03:07 AM
Tech Addict

Old 08-24-2006, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by border r/c
Yup! Yup! Yup!
Old 08-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

But Daz wont be going
After all the hard work he has done.