Wiki Posts
Search

Richey Modified Motors

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by nova racer
If you make it they will buy it
yeah, they will buy it. And the lhs will display it on the front door cause they know they will double their engine sales once people start hacking them up trying to become "'lil' Ritcheys"

But hey, even if you don't tell us any "crucial secrets" I'd be the first one in line to get it.
Old 12-24-2002, 12:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

i would love to know the basics i kinda know whats going on inside the engine and i have seen the inside of rtu but to be able to know the hows and whys means everything

i know some guys near me that do mods but they will only tell me so much
Old 12-24-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey bob, i'm thinking of dusting off the yoke and coming to larry's on friday. Whats the turnout been for 1/12.

GREGG L.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:30 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Gregg,
I didn't make it last week ( sick ) . but I think like 5 , the week before 7 or 8 , I'm goin friday for sure , so bring it on G- LOVE.

" 2 laps down" Bob
Old 12-25-2002, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Merry Christmas Dennis from all of of us at Brads house.

Hows the new MTX-3 coming around.

See ya at the Speedline race in april.
Old 12-25-2002, 03:28 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Dennis, quick question if you don't mind:

Is there a reason why the inner bearing is placed the opposite way compared to the stock setup? (With the thin shield facing outwards.) I noticed this on both Richey's and how it was different compared to my other stock MT12 and SX .15

Reason being is something is wrong with the bearing on my Richey and I removed it to swap it with my stock MT12 bearings. Just wondering if changing sides affects anything for the bearings...
Old 12-25-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-25-2002, 08:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
I've become a little concerned as of late with the newest big carb 12 engines with inserts and multi ports. carb bore makes a big difference I feel its going to have to become a regular spot check. If you see people using the blue carb insert on the 12 nova carbs it is big like 6.5. Just something you ought to know. If you get your doors blown off on power chances are somethin is up. With all the variety of multi port 12's comming along its going to become a real issue at the local and club level to police this as all the liners interchange. Everyone who is a roar member needs to discuss this with their roar leadership. The only real answer is to just let the 12 engines go open and let fuel tank capacity determine the performance level of the engine. Unfortunatly the cars are going to get reall fast which is not what Ifmar or Roar really wants to happen but I don't see a good option. Tell me guys whats your opinion on this. The last thing I want to see is the touring cars get like electric racing. (IE. get away with what you can)
Surely limiting fuel tank capacity, and the exaust stinger inside diameter would help to level the field a little..... as these rules are already in place. At larger events and clubs that adhear to the Ifmar/ roar rule set, multi port engines and big carbs shouldnt pose a real problem. And realisticaly, at the non affiliated clubs, is it realy that much of a problem? I'm sure if a post race tech was carried out on the winners vehicle, and it was found to be illegal, it wouldnt take long for the word to get out that they were stripped of their win.... it would be a deterant for others to "cheat"
Old 12-26-2002, 05:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

i perfer racing 1/8 buggy now because there arent any engine rules it just seems to over complicate things

engine tech doesnt seem to be carried out correctly anyway at nats only once did they check my carb and never looked up exhaust port and the only thing i saw them do to the engines at the end was check stroke or at least thats how it seemed

at my regionals this year the post race inspection was a removal of engine head then David Lee measured the stroke on my mt-12 only whats the point i could have been running 5 ports a 6.5mm carb 5mm exhaust port turbo plug and he probably wouldnt have noticed

i dont know why we need all these restrictions engines rarely win races alone in my opinion
Old 12-26-2002, 07:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
Everyone who is a roar member needs to discuss this with their roar leadership. The only real answer is to just let the 12 engines go open and let fuel tank capacity determine the performance level of the engine

I've been screaming this the past year but it hasn't seemed to me ROAR thinks 200mm should be anything but a novice class so they don't want to entertain changes.

The way the rules are now it IS moving toward the electric nonsense. It's only because of modifiers like you Ritchey that the situation in nitro is not as bad as electric - at least we can get access to engines on par with factory stuff. We'll NEVER get factory cells or motors though.

Still - the costs are quite high and if they would open up the rules the off the shelf outlaw engines would be sufficient to keep anyone in the hunt with the hand modifieds....

The rules are costing the racers money and they're not slowing anyone down except the ones who can't or won't drop the big $$$ on engines.

I'm all for starting an organized ROAR email campaign - maybe Rick is more prone to listen than others have been in the past.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

in the Uk we can only have 5.4mm carb hole and 5.2mm stinger
Old 12-26-2002, 09:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

if they put a restriction on carb size, stinger size and fuel tank and dropped all other restrictions the cars would be easier to tech 100% and therefore making it the most fair
Old 12-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last edited by Motorman; 03-08-2003 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2002, 09:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Denis would you kindly reply to the pm i sent you??
thanks

Mark
Old 12-26-2002, 10:16 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ok, thanks Dennis!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.