Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by nitrodude
AS you can see im not that great with MS PAINT. This is the kind of chicane Im talking about, I think it will make it more of a drivers track and strain the motors less, I also think it would make it more interesting too.
Nice effort on paint The problem as we all agree is that the straight really begins at the top of the hill because that is where you pick up full throttle. A chicane on the left side short shoot like you illustrated is a great idea. The one after that going on to the straight, is a bad idea, sorry. In my experience, the last thing you want to do is put the most technical part of a course at the furthest point away. It results in many wrecks and broken cars and it's usually because the perspective gets all squashed further away and eyesight has limits too.

Saying the straight is "only" 190 is not doing it justice. The reality is with the current (old) configuration, an 1/8 scale needs the tallest gears AND nearly uncut tires. The track is quite abrasive too so those tires don't stay big for too long. Slowing down the overall track and getting more people running on the surface should help the tire wear issue as well. We ran the 1/5 scale Worlds there and the track was simply awesome after that. Kind of weird walking on the main groove and getting a bouncy feeling from all of the real rubber on the track
Old 07-21-2006, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

I was at the track a couple of nights ago. These pics show the chicane at the entrance of the straight. Right now, it's a firehose filled with sand and a traffic cone. Richard will also be putting up the other chicanes as well (other pics show black lines. One is after the hairpin and the other is on the front straight coming up before the driver's stand.

The chicanes will be eventually bordered with 3" or 4" S&D drain pipe. Richard and Pepe should have picked up some by now. Richard and Keita have been filling up potholes in the green and blue portion of the track. This helps prevent any loose debris from coming into the lanes. The cracks on the track will be patched. And we will be slapping on a new coat of paint (to touch up the white and red).

Much props to Richard, Keita, and the other guys for the work. No disrespect to Richard and the other guys, but Keita has been putting in alot of time and effort into this. During the week, he comes in after work and gets as much done before it gets dark. And he's just doing this just cause he just wants to run on the track.
Attached Thumbnails SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)-72006-022.jpg   SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)-72006-018.jpg   SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)-72006-017.jpg  
Old 07-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

very nice Bruce.. keep it coming!
Old 07-24-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

The chicanes are in place. come on down and see if it'll work... they usually have race on the 4th friday of the month (nights).
Old 08-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

More pics with chicanes up.
Attached Thumbnails SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)-svpics001.jpg   SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)-svpics002.jpg   SVM Speedway aka(KZ Speedway)-svpics028.jpg  
Old 08-01-2006, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks great, cant wait to try it!!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Initiate

I really like this new layout. It has added a few seconds to our times in 1/5 scale....
I ran my TC3 around for a few hours last Sunday and the track is great.

Dave
Old 08-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

So far i have not heard nothing but good news about this new layout. Richard, Keita, Kelvin, Roy, and Alvin have done an amazing job. nice job..
I can't wait to run and Hopefully race(or just for fun) with some new faces soon...
Old 08-18-2006, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
So far i have not heard nothing but good news about this new layout. Richard, Keita, Kelvin, Roy, and Alvin have done an amazing job. nice job..
I can't wait to run and Hopefully race(or just for fun) with some new faces soon...
John,
As Soon as I have a chance, I will visit the track. really wanted to try the track.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 08-21-2006 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Sam,
thanks for the Maxy's fuel, I can't wait to try it out. I have heard nothing but good about this stuff. let me know or Roy when you want to come. we will fire up the grill for you just let me know what you want on the grill. (do not be like Manokgt4 Ha! Edwin see previuos conversation on this thread)

the track feels more fluid now. it now has a flow, still a fast track but a bit technical. it just take some getting used to, just like anything new. the tire wear? it is not bad, I was using 40 shore kawahara this weekend for about 3/4 gallon and the tire held up. the tire lived up to run for about another 3/4 galoon. not bad 1 1/5 galoon for a set of tires. my car was hooked this weekend too. come check it out.....
Old 08-21-2006, 08:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speed_Racer
Arno,

Thanks for the Lobster... Can't wait to take you on at KZ...

Maxy's fuel rocks...
John,
Lobster sounds tempting J/K

Why what do Manokgt4 want in the grill?
Old 08-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Tech Master

Lobster it is..plan for it after 15 of September. I have an obligation I need to tend to till that day.
I marinated chicken breasts and stuffed some bangus with tomatos, onion, garlic. I brought good size tomatos, peppers, for grilling. the locals prepared steak planks, korean style riblets, beers and sodas and of course rice......Manokgt4 did not show up. its all good though, a friend is a friend right? i just have to forgive him.ahhhhhh okay i forgave him. Just kidding Edwin, I still love you brother man. that will be nice if you can make it.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCRjuanabbe
Lobster it is..plan for it after 15 of September. I have an obligation I need to tend to till that day.
I marinated chicken breasts and stuffed some bangus with tomatos, onion, garlic. I brought good size tomatos, peppers, for grilling. the locals prepared steak planks, korean style riblets, beers and sodas and of course rice......Manokgt4 did not show up. its all good though, a friend is a friend right? i just have to forgive him.ahhhhhh okay i forgave him. Just kidding Edwin, I still love you brother man. that will be nice if you can make it.
That means you are still not use to Manokgt4 not showing up, Honestly I am so use to it
Old 08-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Hi Nigel.
I know ha...apparently i do not know him that well..it is all good, I am sure he had better things to do. I am just teasing you Edwin..
Nigel, it will be a treat to see you guys up here at SVM. I know you guys got better track down there (says who) a little change of venue or scenery and meet some new friends are always good even if you and your Dad just want to see, we do not even have to run.make the drive sometime. just let me know.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=RCRjuanabbe]Sam,
(do not be like Manokgt4 Ha! Edwin see previuos conversation on this thread)

OUCH!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.