Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Ultimate Edition (UE)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
those are mugen springs right
While the car pictured on the right is Adrien's RRR EVO, the car in the photo on the left is not a RRR.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

the left car may be a snake
Old 05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default hqa

whos got the GOBBA GOULD scene from sopranos never saw it but i did stay at a holiday inn xpress last night
Old 05-30-2006, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

will ask my friends if he know since he race with Adrien on that Event ..... He got 6th position driving a G4S
Old 05-30-2006, 02:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

whos got the GOBBA GOULD scene from sopranos never saw it but i did stay at a holiday inn xpress last night
funny
Old 05-30-2006, 02:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the left car may be a snake
Will It is
Old 05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robert maestrey
No problems whatsoever...I did change all my screws over to 2.0 metric
I was having problems with the battery tray mounting screws, drilled them out and tapped for 3mm screws with lock nuts for back up. no more problems so far.
Old 05-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Here is a good one to start the UE build with
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=116009
Old 05-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, guys.
Not sure, if, it's been mentioned here but I've been using ATOMIC's Multi Drive For V-One RRR (Front Solid Axle/One Way/Solid One Way) #KR001 for the last few weeks. It's worked great and has no signs of wear, as of yet. I really like the ability it gives the driver to change the front diff set-up easily and quickly. If, you're on a track with fast / sweeping turns where a lot of breaking isn't used - you use it as One Way. If, you're on a track with slower, tight corners - you use it as a Front Solid Axle (spool), which will allow you to use heavy braking. Using it as a Solid One Way gives you an in-between mode of the One Way and Front Solid Axle. I've run it in all modes but primarily in Spool mode (Front Solid Axle). I'm going to do more testing in the Solid One Way mode to find the benefits of running it that way. I will give more feedback at that time.

I've also installed the ACER Racing Ceramic Nitride Pro Series V One RRR bearing set. The bearings are lighter and stronger than the stock bearing and will "free" up the drivetrain even more. They have polymer seals on them to keep contaminates out and require a great deal less maintenance than the stock metal sheilded steel bearings. The bearing have held up very well. as expected. They generally, last a very long time and can withstand a lot of abuse.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Hi, guys.
Not sure, if, it's been mentioned here but I've been using ATOMIC's Multi Drive For V-One RRR (Front Solid Axle/One Way/Solid One Way) #KR001 for the last few weeks. It's worked great and has no signs of wear, as of yet. I really like the ability it gives the driver to change the front diff set-up easily and quickly. If, you're on a track with fast / sweeping turns where a lot of breaking isn't used - you use it as One Way. If, you're on a track with slower, tight corners - you use it as a Front Solid Axle (spool), which will allow you to use heavy braking. Using it as a Solid One Way gives you an in-between mode of the One Way and Front Solid Axle. I've run it in all modes but primarily in Spool mode (Front Solid Axle). I'm going to do more testing in the Solid One Way mode to find the benefits of running it that way. I will give more feedback at that time.

I've also installed the ACER Racing Ceramic Nitride Pro Series V One RRR bearing set. The bearings are lighter and stronger than the stock bearing and will "free" up the drivetrain even more. They have polymer seals on them to keep contaminates out and require a great deal less maintenance than the stock metal sheilded steel bearings. The bearing have held up very well. as expected. They generally, last a very long time and can withstand a lot of abuse.
It's good to hear some positive feedback on the Multi-drive. Up until now, I think the one other person that I know of that tried it didn't like it.

As far as the ceramic bearings go, have you noticed a difference when you drive the car? Have you improved your lap times at all?
Old 05-31-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
It's good to hear some positive feedback on the Multi-drive. Up until now, I think the one other person that I know of that tried it didn't like it.

As far as the ceramic bearings go, have you noticed a difference when you drive the car? Have you improved your lap times at all?
Also, have you tried a Front Differential??
Old 05-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

Maybe, they weren't ready for the diffference in handling or weren't able to change their driving style and set-up to work with the spool.

Yes my lap times have dropped. After installing the bearings, the car's drivetrain felt like it did when my stock bearing were new and had a handful of runs on them. After the ceramic bearing broke themselves in - they've "freed" up the drivetrain even more. The engine is not working as hard either. I'm able to make more power at a lower temperature. The car's corner speed is a lot higher, also.
Old 05-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Also, have you tried a Front Differential??
I've run a front diff a various tracks and found the diff to give you the most control. It's the safetest way to go when it comes to your front drivetrain set-up. It's not overly aggressive like a One-Way or extreme like Spool / Front Solid Axle. Both of those require very good throttle control. A front diff will be a lot more forgiving and give comfort in knowing the car isn't getting away from you because its too much to handle. It's definitely a good starting point or a good tuning option to have in your arsenal.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kewdawg
Hi, guys.

I had just the reverse results with mine. i found that the out drives DID NOT wear well, had big groves after only one day of racing, liked the way the car felt with it in when it was new, but after the out drives grooved like they did the handling suffered.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by drfritz
I had just the reverse results with mine. i found that the out drives DID NOT wear well, had big groves after only one day of racing, liked the way the car felt with it in when it was new, but after the out drives grooved like they did the handling suffered.
Were you using the stock universals?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.