Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
high cost of shipping, lost packages, takes a long time to get here, etc...
at least these were the problems i had or somebody i know had when ordering from hong kong. we never had problems with the border r/c though but the cost is pretty high due to the conversion rate and shipping.

personally i'd just wait for a lhs or a domestic online shop to have what i need. it's easier to track them down when there's an issue .
Sounds like legitimate reasons to wait for the LHS to me!
Old 07-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default hey

jiga, PNP Hobbbies has 3 left on the shelf 723-7318
Old 07-20-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhigga15
I try to get the cars from the LHS if they stock it...I only get hard to get cheap things on e-bay from overseas (mostly Tamiya Parts)...Generally by the time you pay for overseas shipping and the wait time, you could have gotten it from the LHS 5 days eairler and for the same price...

Atomic Hobbies and Micro Motor Sport has them
Old 07-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan D
I will be there, hopefully the trip up doesn't come with all the craziness of the racine trip.(blown tire, U-joint go bad on the truck)

Well a mugen hasn't won a race. kyosho won in cinnci, serpent in toledo and racine.

I paid for fast shipping to get mine so quickly and I run for serpent.

I had to get it built I have hockey practice today so i'll have enough time tonight to set-up the car and motor. I had everything already shortened from my 710 so it made life easy for me with the radio gear. I would of been done it 5 hours if i didn't have to take the rear-end back apart (dropped the brake cam and didn't notice )

Dj my 710 front sway bar is thinner then the 720 have you tested them at all?
Did not notice any difference. The sway bar on your 710, was it the serpent one or another brand. I think the old and new ones are the same.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:42 PM
Tech Adept

It was whatever came with my car its black the new one is like the spring steel
Old 07-20-2006, 08:14 PM
Tech Regular

Default price for 720

guys how much is your 720?
Old 07-20-2006, 08:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default Wiring and cable for servos

[IMG]
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
qlone, how do you do the wiring? do you cut and solder/join and then tape it up or do you actually remove the connector pins, cut and then re-insert the pins?

Got pics of it?
I do change the wire for a heavier gauche (I am using Li Po) and solder the wire direct from servo (shorter size) you can see the picture

RCPANAMA
[IMG]
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 720-dsc01238.jpg  
Old 07-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpanama
[IMG]

I do change the wire for a heavier gauche (I am using Li Po) and solder the wire direct from servo (shorter size) you can see the picture

RCPANAMA
[IMG]
Wow....good soldering work.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:42 AM
Tech Adept

Arrow

Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
qlone, how do you do the wiring? do you cut and solder/join and then tape it up or do you actually remove the connector pins, cut and then re-insert the pins?
Got pics of it?
I will make some pics of it this evening.

I had to do the servo cables in two different ways. For my throttle/brake servo (a cheap futaba digital) I just opened up the servo, de-soldered the wire, made it shorter and soldered it back in.
My HiTec steering servo has some plastic-like substance on the inside, so I couldn't solder there. I bought an unassembled plug and soldered that on the servo wire directly.

I use a 3-way switch for convenience and soldered 3 wires to it. One goes to my battery and has an inverted plug. The other two contain just regular servo plugs. One goes to my receiver and the other is just tie-wrapped somewhere on the car. I use that plug to recharge the battery (so basically my switch has a 'use' and a 'recharge' position).

Pics coming up
Old 07-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan D
It was whatever came with my car its black the new one is like the spring steel
The black one was not serpent, we where testing things. Use the one that came with the 720, It has plenty of steering from what I hear.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcpanama
[IMG]

RCPANAMA
[IMG]
That is excellent!
Old 07-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Qlone
I will make some pics of it this evening.

I had to do the servo cables in two different ways. For my throttle/brake servo (a cheap futaba digital) I just opened up the servo, de-soldered the wire, made it shorter and soldered it back in.
My HiTec steering servo has some plastic-like substance on the inside, so I couldn't solder there. I bought an unassembled plug and soldered that on the servo wire directly.

I use a 3-way switch for convenience and soldered 3 wires to it. One goes to my battery and has an inverted plug. The other two contain just regular servo plugs. One goes to my receiver and the other is just tie-wrapped somewhere on the car. I use that plug to recharge the battery (so basically my switch has a 'use' and a 'recharge' position).

Pics coming up

I'm looking forward to the pics ... I'm inspired to do some soldering now!
Old 07-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Angry Right...

Sorry, no pics yet. I will make them, but haven't really had time to do so yet.

So, I've ordered a Mega ZX12 Race with pipe for my new 720. Then I can 'promote' my old NovaMega SX12-RT MS to be my spare engine again. Yesterday I got the engine but I have some trouble attaching the exhaust:

The manifold has holes at the top and the bottom, but not at its left and right side... that can't be right, or am I missing something here?
Old 07-23-2006, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qlone
Yesterday I got the engine but I have some trouble attaching the exhaust:

The manifold has holes at the top and the bottom, but not at its left and right side... that can't be right, or am I missing something here?
The holes are definitely wrong, it must have been made on a Friday or Monday with too much to drink (hang-over)
Old 07-23-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
The holes are definitely wrong, it must have been made on a Friday or Monday with too much to drink (hang-over)
That's what I thought . So I borrowed a 1mm drill from my neighbour and made two more holes, in the right locations...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.