Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fishing Fool
I hope to be running in the Forgass series starting at the Punta Gorda track in the near future. We will also be running on a very short-technical track in Englewood, Fl to get more driving time in for my son. I have two 720's that I can set up identical or different for each track. Thanks for your help!
The set-up I will give you is good to use at both tracks. It is a safe and stable set-up for starting off.

Front

lock front end
35 wt 3 hole pistons
red spings 1 position up from the bottom on the shock tower
center roll center position
3mm of caster in front of arms
-1 toe on both sides
5.5 ride height
-1 droop
front sway bar soft and use the thinner new sway bar

Rear

diff with 20,000wt oil
35wt 3 hole pistons
yellow springs 2 positions up from the bottom on the shock tower
#2 roll center position on the bottom
upper camber link on the inner lower position on the tower and in the middle position on the hub
+3 toe
6.5 rise height
5 droop
2.3 sway bar all soft and on the inner position on the bottom arm.

tires run a 1.5mm split
what motor are you using? also try to set it softer than normal. I can give you the clutch set up if I know the motor. Also the gearing.

Hope this helps and ask if you need more help. Try to be as specific as possible so I can give the best advice possible for the conditions. Remember this is just a start, but it should be a good start and maybe all you need for now. If I am at the forgass races you go do feel free to ask me for help. I will do my best.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Set up

Hey, thanks for all your help DJ. We will be running a JL Red dot with a skyline VR 12 Plus pipe. Again not going for speed yet, going for stability and stick time. Lots to learn!
Again Thanks!
Old 10-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

For that motor and pipe. Use the clutch gap of .5 and tighten the spring to 1.2. Also make sure to use the serpent 1.8 clutch spring or something similar. Gear the motor at 18/60 23/56

Hope that helps!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to you and your son.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dj, what difference would i experience between the stock clutch spring and the 1.8 clutch spring
Old 10-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

If the stock spring is the gold spring that came in the old kits, it is not very easy to adjust. There is no room for error and it is very sensitive. You could loose all day before you realize the problem with the motor/clutch is just the spring. Trust me, just use the serpent 1.8 spring or something similar.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hi DJ, it is me Pete Caballero. You set up my 720 earlier this year at the Homestead Track. I see you are still being very helpful and sharing your experience and knowledge. I am sure the guys on the forum really appreciate it. Your doing a great job representing Serpent and promoting the hobby. I wish more factory drivers were as approachable as you are. You can teach them a thing or two on how factory drivers should behave.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
If the stock spring is the gold spring that came in the old kits, it is not very easy to adjust. There is no room for error and it is very sensitive. You could loose all day before you realize the problem with the motor/clutch is just the spring. Trust me, just use the serpent 1.8 spring or something similar.
thanks..
Old 10-31-2007, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by petevette
Hi DJ, it is me Pete Caballero. You set up my 720 earlier this year at the Homestead Track. I see you are still being very helpful and sharing your experience and knowledge. I am sure the guys on the forum really appreciate it. Your doing a great job representing Serpent and promoting the hobby. I wish more factory drivers were as approachable as you are. You can teach them a thing or two on how factory drivers should behave.
Thanks for the kind words. I enjoy helping people.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:45 AM
Tech Elite

This is the spring I use. Serpent 1.8 spring #ser909518
Old 10-31-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Killa G
Just wanted to drop in and thank Maxy, Gianni and DJ for the support at this weekends US open fuel Sedan champs. With your help my car was really good for the mains. Just a bit of bad luck but I had a blast. Look forward to seeing you guys next year at the Capitol Classic. Would like to make it to the winternats but the wife would probably kill me....LOL.

Gael
nice run gael keep it going its working for you .talk to you soon
Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captian
nice run gael keep it going its working for you .talk to you soon
Thanks man. Talk to you soon!!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
This is the spring I use. Serpent 1.8 spring #ser909518
The long one ( black ) or the short one ? Which one produces a more consistent punch ?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hello All

I have just raced at the national titles here in Australia. There were 50 entries in the pro touring class & i was the only serpent in the field. This was disapointing for me because i was hoping there would be some form of support ,but nothing at a National Event. Is there a problem with product support here in Australia or is it because we are so far away that nobody care's. I read on here all the time about factory drivers helping guy's out at event's overseas yet we have nothing here , its no wonder that the field was dominated buy kyosho & mugen. I would like to stick with my 720 but if we can't get support down here then i'll have to consider my option's.

Regards Paul
Old 11-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hello I am an electric guy but the electric crowd is getting pretty thin and the gas track in my area are much nicer so I decided to get a 720 '07 I am ordering it tomorrow. I was wondering what option parts would be good to get and also what extra parts should I have in my bag??

Thanks Bryan
Old 11-01-2007, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Also what's a good body to start off with??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.