Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 720

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
and not try to put it in the wall, it will finish everytime.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Addict

This track is just minutes away from the Nation's Capital

RC Pro Series two-day race entry form
Can be submitted at the track on race day.

Capital Classic June 6th-10th
Factory drivers already registered. 160 max. entries. Don't miss this one!
Old 04-17-2007, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Front & Rear drive

Hi, this looks like a stupid question but I am a bid confuse with the front & rear Drive.

If you have an Over steer on throttle getting out of the corner (I need to increase rear traction).

Should I increase the rear drive to solve this, I know of other ways I can solve this problem (I have solve it at the moment), this is really just to understand the principle of rear & front over drive so in the future I can used this to solve under or over steer.

Thanks

RCPANAMA
Old 04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TedX

This track is just minutes away from the Nation's Capital

RC Pro Series two-day race entry form
Can be submitted at the track on race day.

Capital Classic June 6th-10th
Factory drivers already registered. 160 max. entries. Don't miss this one!
that's going to be a good one
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Hi, this looks like a stupid question but I am a bid confuse with the front & rear Drive.

If you have an Over steer on throttle getting out of the corner (I need to increase rear traction).

Should I increase the rear drive to solve this, I know of other ways I can solve this problem (I have solve it at the moment), this is really just to understand the principle of rear & front over drive so in the future I can used this to solve under or over steer.

Thanks

RCPANAMA
If you are loose coming off of a turn under throttle then you are probably overdriving the rear too much. A larger front tire or smaller rear or both will stop the car from being loose off of a turn. But like everything in racing the more overdrive to the front the less high speed on-throttle steering you will have.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
If you are loose coming off of a turn under throttle then you are probably overdriving the rear too much. A larger front tire or smaller rear or both will stop the car from being loose off of a turn. But like everything in racing the more overdrive to the front the less high speed on-throttle steering you will have.
Ok thanks for your answer, let see if I understood:

If I need to correct an Over Steer condition, can I solve it by installing the 18T front Pulley and the two side pulleys to be 22T with a 1.5mm difference between the front and rear tire will give me a 1.61% more rear drive if I go to 3mm tire difference this will give me a 3.93% more rear drive.

Will the use of the 18T pulley correct the Over drive condition by increasing the rear drive ?

RCPNAMA
Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcpanama
Ok thanks for your answer, let see if I understood:

If I need to correct an Over Steer condition, can I solve it by installing the 18T front Pulley and the two side pulleys to be 22T with a 1.5mm difference between the front and rear tire will give me a 1.61% more rear drive if I go to 3mm tire difference this will give me a 3.93% more rear drive.

Will the use of the 18T pulley correct the Over drive condition by increasing the rear drive ?

RCPNAMA
email me at [email protected] and I will send you a front to rear overdrive ratio chart. This is an excel spreadsheet that allows you to change the pulleys at the top of the page and it will recalculate the overdrive ratio in the table at the bottom of the page.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Adept

Default Rear Stabiliser Bar

Hi Guys

Has anyone tried any of the 2 upgrades to the rear stabiliser bar? One is a 2.3mm thick bar and the other is very similar to the 960 bar?

If you have, did it make a huge difference to the handling when compared to the original bar?

Thanks

Acid
Old 04-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Acid
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried any of the 2 upgrades to the rear stabiliser bar? One is a 2.3mm thick bar and the other is very similar to the 960 bar?

If you have, did it make a huge difference to the handling when compared to the original bar?

Thanks

Acid
I use the the 2.3 all the time. It is easier to tune the car and it also makes that rear end more stable.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Tech Initiate

I tried all different types of bars.
2.5, 2.3, adjustable (also Mugen, Kyosho,...)

The best solution (also for different tracks) is the 2.3mm optional one.
It makes the car much more easy and stable...this all without loosing steering!

Try it :-)

BRG
Daniel
Team Serpent
Old 04-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

paolo check your PM......

Mike
Old 04-19-2007, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
paolo check your PM......

Mike
Let the conspiracy theories..........begin!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Guys

Thanks

Acid
At first is used only the 2.3mm bar, but the last races I used the optional adjustable one.
At first it was way to hard but then I grindet it so that it was softer. Since then it worked really well. But you have to use the base part from Serpent (it is not as thick as the 3Racing one) or grind the base part also.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy who?
Let the conspiracy theories..........begin!

Indeed. Serpent is building it's Electric/Nitro already with Jeff Cuffs and Blackstsock would be a nice addition!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Hi Guys

Thanks

Acid

Acid, check out Ruud Schuitmakers car...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.