R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-15-2007, 11:48 PM   #2296
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: lost...
Posts: 2,854
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
and not try to put it in the wall, it will finish everytime.
__________________
Sometimes I post just to look at Kraig's avatar
RoyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #2297
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Temple Hills, MD
Posts: 511
Default


This track is just minutes away from the Nation's Capital

RC Pro Series two-day race entry form
Can be submitted at the track on race day.

Capital Classic June 6th-10th
Factory drivers already registered. 160 max. entries. Don't miss this one!
__________________
green, Green, GREEN!

301 Raceway - We crowned champions!
TedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #2298
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default Front & Rear drive

Hi, this looks like a stupid question but I am a bid confuse with the front & rear Drive.

If you have an Over steer on throttle getting out of the corner (I need to increase rear traction).

Should I increase the rear drive to solve this, I know of other ways I can solve this problem (I have solve it at the moment), this is really just to understand the principle of rear & front over drive so in the future I can used this to solve under or over steer.

Thanks

RCPANAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #2299
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedX

This track is just minutes away from the Nation's Capital

RC Pro Series two-day race entry form
Can be submitted at the track on race day.

Capital Classic June 6th-10th
Factory drivers already registered. 160 max. entries. Don't miss this one!
that's going to be a good one
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #2300
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpanama
Hi, this looks like a stupid question but I am a bid confuse with the front & rear Drive.

If you have an Over steer on throttle getting out of the corner (I need to increase rear traction).

Should I increase the rear drive to solve this, I know of other ways I can solve this problem (I have solve it at the moment), this is really just to understand the principle of rear & front over drive so in the future I can used this to solve under or over steer.

Thanks

RCPANAMA
If you are loose coming off of a turn under throttle then you are probably overdriving the rear too much. A larger front tire or smaller rear or both will stop the car from being loose off of a turn. But like everything in racing the more overdrive to the front the less high speed on-throttle steering you will have.
__________________
Lee Muse
[email protected]
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:25 AM   #2301
Tech Adept
 
rcpanama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Panama
Posts: 181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
If you are loose coming off of a turn under throttle then you are probably overdriving the rear too much. A larger front tire or smaller rear or both will stop the car from being loose off of a turn. But like everything in racing the more overdrive to the front the less high speed on-throttle steering you will have.
Ok thanks for your answer, let see if I understood:

If I need to correct an Over Steer condition, can I solve it by installing the 18T front Pulley and the two side pulleys to be 22T with a 1.5mm difference between the front and rear tire will give me a 1.61% more rear drive if I go to 3mm tire difference this will give me a 3.93% more rear drive.

Will the use of the 18T pulley correct the Over drive condition by increasing the rear drive ?

RCPNAMA
__________________
Serpent 720 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3CT Full Ceramic & 2630 pipe. 733 Novarossi Murnam 12 + 3SCT full ceramic & 2660 pipe , Nomadio Sensor, Xceed Lipo, Xceed Tires Japan Foam
rcpanama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 PM   #2302
Tech Master
 
Winner's Circle's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atlanta, Georgia USA
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpanama
Ok thanks for your answer, let see if I understood:

If I need to correct an Over Steer condition, can I solve it by installing the 18T front Pulley and the two side pulleys to be 22T with a 1.5mm difference between the front and rear tire will give me a 1.61% more rear drive if I go to 3mm tire difference this will give me a 3.93% more rear drive.

Will the use of the 18T pulley correct the Over drive condition by increasing the rear drive ?

RCPNAMA
email me at [email protected] and I will send you a front to rear overdrive ratio chart. This is an excel spreadsheet that allows you to change the pulleys at the top of the page and it will recalculate the overdrive ratio in the table at the bottom of the page.
__________________
Lee Muse
[email protected]
Kyosho ST-RR, Kyosho MP9, Murnan Modified Engines
Winner's Circle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #2303
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Africa
Posts: 160
Default Rear Stabiliser Bar

Hi Guys

Has anyone tried any of the 2 upgrades to the rear stabiliser bar? One is a 2.3mm thick bar and the other is very similar to the 960 bar?

If you have, did it make a huge difference to the handling when compared to the original bar?

Thanks

Acid
Acid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #2304
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,399
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried any of the 2 upgrades to the rear stabiliser bar? One is a 2.3mm thick bar and the other is very similar to the 960 bar?

If you have, did it make a huge difference to the handling when compared to the original bar?

Thanks

Acid
I use the the 2.3 all the time. It is easier to tune the car and it also makes that rear end more stable.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:39 AM   #2305
Tech Initiate
 
EXKLUSIVE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Linz / Austria
Posts: 20
Default

I tried all different types of bars.
2.5, 2.3, adjustable (also Mugen, Kyosho,...)

The best solution (also for different tracks) is the 2.3mm optional one.
It makes the car much more easy and stable...this all without loosing steering!

Try it :-)

BRG
Daniel
Team Serpent
EXKLUSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:41 AM   #2306
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 645
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

paolo check your PM......


Mike
__________________
TEAM ASSOCIATED, SMC BATTERIES, REEDY MOTORS, JACO TIRES, RADIOPOST RADIOS, LRP ELECTRONICS, PROTOFORM BODIES, MAKITA POWER TOOLS, KICKER PEFORMANCE AUDIO, KOLORS BY KROPY, MUCH-, RSD
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #2307
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
paolo check your PM......


Mike
Let the conspiracy theories..........begin!
Andy who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #2308
Tech Apprentice
 
AddictedToRacin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Freiberg, Germany
Posts: 76
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried any of the 2 upgrades to the rear stabiliser bar? One is a 2.3mm thick bar and the other is very similar to the 960 bar?

If you have, did it make a huge difference to the handling when compared to the original bar?

Thanks

Acid
At first is used only the 2.3mm bar, but the last races I used the optional adjustable one.
At first it was way to hard but then I grindet it so that it was softer. Since then it worked really well. But you have to use the base part from Serpent (it is not as thick as the 3Racing one) or grind the base part also.
AddictedToRacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:09 PM   #2309
Tech Addict
 
Gael L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy who?
Let the conspiracy theories..........begin!

Indeed. Serpent is building it's Electric/Nitro already with Jeff Cuffs and Blackstsock would be a nice addition!!!
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #2310
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Send a message via ICQ to _cyclops_
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
Hi Guys

Has anyone tried any of the 2 upgrades to the rear stabiliser bar? One is a 2.3mm thick bar and the other is very similar to the 960 bar?

If you have, did it make a huge difference to the handling when compared to the original bar?

Thanks

Acid

Acid, check out Ruud Schuitmakers car...
_cyclops_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 705 J_Longbrake Nitro On-Road 4252 02-23-2015 12:34 AM
Serpent 710 Ron C. Nitro On-Road 23347 03-16-2010 02:47 PM
WTB: NIB Serpent 710 aN4rK1 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 06-16-2006 09:23 PM
Trade in Your Old Serpent 710 Parts for New Serpent 710 Parts fast_it710 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 09-17-2004 12:27 AM
Serpent Impulse w/MT-12 and Serpent Starter box - cheap Solara R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-07-2003 03:01 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net