ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2006 'Open' Fuel Nationals Cincinnati, OH

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

The battle between Ralph and Mike for the entire hour was simply the best racing I've ever seen.

While we had the Who's "who" from drivers, we were very well represented from ROAR to ensure a top notch race too.

The Designated ROAR Official was none other than Mike Queller himself, along with the Race Direction of David Lee, ROAR's "acting" Competition and Technical director.

Mike's coverage was also fantastic and I'm looking forward to his video's as well as his write-ups!!

Last edited by Darint; 10-09-2006 at 07:00 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete

Not worth the argument
Old 10-09-2006, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
did JOSH C. have an issue i dont see any time in the main
thanks guys for the info.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by smac
Sure seems like JLap may not be the best way to go!!
I'm glad we use R/C Scoring Pro!

Statements like this one and the others ones that blame JLap for a bad internet connection are a joke! And of course that guy that toots his own horn from that "pro" software loves it!

And the "Race Management Team" running all the Nats next year......should be named "Race Mismanagement Team"
Old 10-09-2006, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

I have been to several races over the last 2 or 3 seasons that used J-Lap scoring software. I cannot recall ANY problems with it. I'm sure rc-scoring pro is nice software, but flaming another brand, when a bad internet connection is to blame, is moronic.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

I do have to say that this years 1/8th Nats was one of the best I've ever attended! The Cinnci team was well organized and experienced and could not have been better bunch of racers! They keep everything low keyed and running smooth.... Also the concessions were great and keep us well fed!

Congrats to all the winners ..... one heck of a open final!

Congrats to my son Robbie and our friend Uriah Murnan for making the 1/2 semi finals!
Old 10-09-2006, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bob Malphurs
Statements like this one and the others ones that blame JLap for a bad internet connection are a joke! And of course that guy that toots his own horn from that "pro" software loves it!

And the "Race Management Team" running all the Nats next year......should be named "Race Mismanagement Team"
You guys have to remember most outdoor tracks don't have internet access, and even the Verizon and Sprint access cards do not work 100% of the time when you are out in the boonies, just like cell phones don't work when you are out in the boonies.

Bob, you have no business commenting on the RMT when you haven't even been to a race run by the RMT. The race in Compton is the only race ever run by the RMT and that race went off perfectly.

And please show me the post where I 'toot'ed.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by slewis
Swauger -should have been yours - you got screwed!
i see you edited your post about the "video verified" bad start. at the very least you owe mike queller and david lee an apology for calling for their heads. it amazes me how people get on the internet annonomously and take shots like that.where is this video that proves ralph jumped the start?
Old 10-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Doug, I have every right to voice my opinion as a ROAR member about the RMT. At a cost of 15 grand for expenses per race and members of the RMT having special interests in the R/C industry, I'd say it is my business! That money could be better spent, like handicap access for these races, a subject that the ROAR officials don't like to discuss!

As for "tooting" look at the bottom of your posts!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darint
The battle between Ralph and Mike for the entire hour was simply the best racing I've ever seen.

While we had the Who's "who" from drivers, we were very well represented from ROAR to ensure a top notch race too.

The Designated ROAR Official was none other than Mike Queller himself, along with the Race Direction of David Lee, ROAR's "acting" Competition and Technical director.

Mike's coverage was also fantastic and I'm looking forward to his video's as well as his write-ups!!
I agree Darin. What a great race. Burch and Swager were after each other just about the whole 60 minutes. I had trouble concentrating on them for 60 minutes...ha! In terms of other events and shows out there this race was well run, easy going and fair. To think othewise is to forget the world is not perfect. To all involved....good job!!

JEFF
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

I had the best seat for that race, up in the control booth with Brian! Seeing the lap times on the scoring computer every lap was great. Pit stops also counted to Ralphs victory. When the results are posted look for the tire change stop, should be interesting!
Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know when the video of the start from the camera located at the end of the straight will be posted?
Old 10-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Ralph's average lap time was 21.014

Mike's average lap time was 21.032

Ralph had slightly better pit times for fuel but a 5 second longer tire change stop.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Great Job Esser.....
Old 10-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I am looking forward to the video being posted. Then everyone can see what really happened.

Yes, Jarrod jumped the start - He even said he did after the race!! I saw the tape and there were several start infractions and I promise that once everyone sees the tape there will be an even bigger uproar (excuse the pun)!!!

I'm still so angry about the event I am struggling to find the correct words but as I can compose myself I will post a full detailed report on what really happened the lack of action taken by the powers at be.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.