Wiki Posts
Search

Best Receiver Battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cardiak
Thanks. I'm going to get a Lipo, I'm just asking which exact brand/model is the best or great quality for the price as well as for receivers.
Originally Posted by nodrog
opinions on best brand will vary, find a brand that fits your car from a local shop and if not go online shopping. I use the protek pack from amain, seems fine. When I was looking for mine it came down to LRP or Protek but that was mostly due to fitment.

I think when it comes to receiver packs they will be all similar in performance, people believe in their brands and that's cool... just don't buy it out of a van in an alley from some shady dude.
^^^What he said^^^

I would just get another receiver for the brand of transmitter you have now. If it doesn't have multiple model capabilities, then I guess you have another decision to make. If it does, then you are in luck.

For specific battery and manufacturer... It depends on what kind of vehicle it's going in. When I ran my Losi 3.0's and 4.0's, I use the LRP, ProTek and Dynamite packs. Why....cuz they were the only ones that fit. Was one better than the other. Nope. They all fit fine and laster atleast 45 minutes.

Now that I have switched cars, I am not limited to only a few brands. And again, is one better than another, not that I can tell. As long as its a decent Lipo battery that has a capacity of 2200mAh or more...

What radio and car do you have?
Old 12-14-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerm13
^^^What he said^^^

I would just get another receiver for the brand of transmitter you have now. If it doesn't have multiple model capabilities, then I guess you have another decision to make. If it does, then you are in luck.

For specific battery and manufacturer... It depends on what kind of vehicle it's going in. When I ran my Losi 3.0's and 4.0's, I use the LRP, ProTek and Dynamite packs. Why....cuz they were the only ones that fit. Was one better than the other. Nope. They all fit fine and laster atleast 45 minutes.

Now that I have switched cars, I am not limited to only a few brands. And again, is one better than another, not that I can tell. As long as its a decent Lipo battery that has a capacity of 2200mAh or more...

What radio and car do you have?
I don't have a kit or radio yet. I'm going to be getting a kit in the next few days and it's most likely going to be the MBX7TR. I would also like suggestions on radios if you guys don't mind. I was looking at the Futaba and Airtronics transmitters. It appears that they are the most popular.
Old 12-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

with all the money I have spent on this hobby I think the 4px was the first thing that made a difference in my driving, I like it but I have not tried anything else aside from an old spektrum. I think the airtronics m12 or the futaba 4px are the most popular high end radios. So you're on the right track with those....just ask someone if you can check theirs out and see if one fits you better than the other. If money isn't an issue the 4px comes in an 'R' version which is all blinged out
Old 12-14-2016, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

with all the money I have spent on this hobby I think the 4px was the first thing that made a difference in my driving, I like it but I have not tried anything else aside from an old spektrum. I think the airtronics m12 or the futaba 4px are the most popular high end radios. So you're on the right track with those....just ask someone if you can check theirs out and see if one fits you better than the other. If money isn't an issue the 4px comes in an 'R' version which is all blinged out
I was actually looking at the 4PX. I couldn't figure out why it was so expensive and I love the look of it. I didn't think it was necessary for surface vehicles but it looks like I'll be getting that one if you said that it made a difference in your driving.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:28 PM
Tech Addict

The Protek PTK-5115-17 would be way too much and unnecessary for just servos right?
Old 12-15-2016, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The Protek PTK-5115-17 would be way too much and unnecessary for just servos right?
That's a car battery...you need a receiver pack like this....

https://www.amainhobbies.com/lrp-vte...430351/p291956

Find one that fits what car you are going to get/ have...
Old 12-15-2016, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

protek sells a life battery that's a good upgrade for the futaba transmitter here

I'm not sure which servo that is, the part number doesn't come up for me..but for steering I don't think there's too much for a standard size servo, something around 350oz-in and no slower than .11 I bought a high torque servo for my throttle and it was too much for my throttle return elastics so keep that in mind.
I run the savox 2274 steering and 1267 throttle/brake. Look up what the mugen pros are running on their kits this is a great way to form a baseline, adam drake has tons of stuff on youtube about his vehicles, check neobuggy for 'under the hood' articles as well.

This initial all at once purchase is a lot of fun and can be overwhelming too, it's not until you get it all together and start putting stuff through it's paces that you're going to start forming you're own opinions on what you like or dislike. Support your local hobby shop and they should support you if you run into issues or have tons of questions no matter how simple or complex.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

keep in mind you will need High Voltage servos to take advantage of a Lipo.
I dont know if it will harm a lower voltage servo at 7.4v but a standard 6v servo will not perform faster/more torque with a lipo. at least I've always been told.

there are plenty of lower voltage servos (6v) that have high speed and good torque.

futaba, airtronics(now just called sanwa) ko propo all top of the line radio systems. spektrum is kind of the traxxas radio to a lot of guys on this forum but there are a lot of pro drivers using them. they feel and look cheap.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by burnnitro
keep in mind you will need High Voltage servos to take advantage of a Lipo.
I dont know if it will harm a lower voltage servo at 7.4v but a standard 6v servo will not perform faster/more torque with a lipo. at least I've always been told.

there are plenty of lower voltage servos (6v) that have high speed and good torque.

futaba, airtronics(now just called sanwa) ko propo all top of the line radio systems. spektrum is kind of the traxxas radio to a lot of guys on this forum but there are a lot of pro drivers using them. they feel and look cheap.
Glad you gave me the heads up on the spektrum servos. I was about to get the 26280 and 26290. Which brand or servos would you recommend? They are going into an mbx7tr nitro
Old 12-17-2016, 01:55 AM
Tech Addict

Anyone?
Old 12-17-2016, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Savox 1267 or 1268 if needing HV servo's, meant to be alright. I just use standard servo's though, Savox 1256tg for steering & throttle with a LiFe receiver battery.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:27 AM
Tech Adept

spektrum 6280 and 6290 are high voltage servos
Old 12-17-2016, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

spektrum 6280 and 6290 are high voltage servos
Yeah but are they cheaply made?
Old 12-17-2016, 04:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ozziii
Savox 1267 or 1268 if needing HV servo's, meant to be alright. I just use standard servo's though, Savox 1256tg for steering & throttle with a LiFe receiver battery.
Thanks
Old 12-17-2016, 04:54 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah but are they cheaply made?
no idea, I use savox 2274 steering and 1267 T/B

and set your end points, ryan lutz has some great how to videos

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.