Old 02-15-2014, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

CR8 prototype wasn't full metal chassis like new AE 1/8 is
Old 02-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pdmustgt
CR8 prototype wasn't full metal chassis like new AE 1/8 is
I suspect that he was referring to the component layout. I'm sure that Josh was able to make a few improvements since the CR8 broke cover almost 3 years ago.

One thing I'm curious about though: when the CR8 was initially rolled-out, Hara-san tried it and indicated (rather publicly) his preference for the D8. I wonder if that was down to the car not suiting him, or whether there were already early signs that there were financial issues at Hot Bodies?
Old 02-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by maxflo777
What is the difference? When a car is better, a car is better, it doesn't matter the driver skill level, we would see their results on the track, pros feel exactly the same way when they get an easy or hard to drive setup, they talk abou it every time they race, "ohh I had problems my steup was too aggressive/smooth etc"

Just drive what you want and dont let manufacturers brainwash you with every trend
The wider chassis distributes the weight over a wider area and doesnt concentrate it all in the middle like the narrower chassis's do and I think this makes them more stable turning especially and the narrow chassis's can just randomly roll over in a tight bumpy corner i found where as the wider chassis is more forgiving...of course other factors have a bearing as well like droop.etc.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by malcnz
The wider chassis distributes the weight over a wider area and doesnt concentrate it all in the middle like the narrower chassis's do and I think this makes them more stable turning especially and the narrow chassis's can just randomly roll over in a tight bumpy corner i found where as the wider chassis is more forgiving...of course other factors have a bearing as well like droop.etc.
But you see here, you're saying you "think". Yes wider may have a "different" weight dist, bit is it necessarily better? Or worst? Or the same crap? Again, if you look at results, they are pretty evenly spread between both

Last edited by maxflo777; 02-15-2014 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by captain america
I suspect that he was referring to the component layout. I'm sure that Josh was able to make a few improvements since the CR8 broke cover almost 3 years ago.

One thing I'm curious about though: when the CR8 was initially rolled-out, Hara-san tried it and indicated (rather publicly) his preference for the D8. I wonder if that was down to the car not suiting him, or whether there were already early signs that there were financial issues at Hot Bodies?
Another thought would be his own Hara D8 version had also been released. Which to choose?
Old 02-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

But you see here, you're saying you "think". Yes wider may have a "different" weight dist, bit is it necessarily better? Or worst? Or the same crap? Again, if you look at results, they are pretty evenly spread between both
There is no better or worse! If you like "Narrow" chassis characteristics, then you will more than likely produce your fastest laps with a narrow built car....If you like a more "lazy" feel, maybe not so aggressive feeling car then a wide chassis car will prob work best!! Not to say Hara or a pro cant win with both cause they can............But he wants to be comfortable on the stand! n he publicly says some cars are to aggressive for his style of drive.....So it comes down to driver preference........Boots n his WIDE "kyosho" lose all the time! any given day either can win.......I mean for example last year same race same people he totally dominated in qual n WON Montpilliar, this year he barely made top 10qual.......just run the car that looks best to you, with the best support in your area n you will be happy! A few months ago Agamas were going for $150 new on here!!lol the stock is prob slowly rising cause Bloomfield is proving that "he" can win with that design!! (notice I said he) lol!
Old 02-15-2014, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Love the way it looks. Front hub/kingpin/stud seems interesting, and the front hub carrier also has an inner stud mounting hole, more traditional.

Originally Posted by captain america
Aaaand the car qualified in 4th. Not bad for a first outing with real competitors!
Agreed, i think that's even more impressive considering Yannick's not as focused on racing as before. He doesn't practice as much, doesn't race as much, and he got the car this week!

We'll see how the Ryan's do next week!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chirivita
Love the way it looks. Front hub/kingpin/stud seems interesting, and the front hub carrier also has an inner stud mounting hole, more traditional.

Agreed, i think that's even more impressive considering Yannick's not as focused on racing as before. He doesn't practice as much, doesn't race as much, and he got the car this week!

We'll see how the Ryan's do next week!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Not to piss on your parade! cause im very happy that AE n Alton are bringing a new car to the mix.........But if you look up past history Yannick has always n will always be a beast at that track!! I think hes won the race a few times TQ'd a few times and finished 2nd last year with the old car Car looks Killer tho!
Old 02-15-2014, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

I see carbon fiber arm stiffners like the new X-ray XB8
Old 02-15-2014, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

look, I have driven most cars on the market, both narrow and wide chassis, every wide car minus the AE are all much more stable and consistant, most narrow chassis cars are faster in the theory and most have very fast cornor speed. how ever it is much easier to make a wide car go and have cornor speed than it is to try make a narrow car stable.

quite frankly the MP9 is a "old outdated platform"(according to most other fanboys of other brands) but it seems to be the only car that can be setup on both sides of the field and right in the middle making it one of the best cars. - wide chassis.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I suspect that for those of us who are mere mortals, narrow vs. wider chassis is much, much less of a factor than picking the right tire, compound, and then competence in terms of fine-tuning. From my limited but direct experience, wide/conventional cars DO make things a bit easier in terms of maintenance, though.

That being said, I think it's only reasonable to think that Associated wouldn't have brought out the new car if it didn't have some sort of performance advantage over the 8.2.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

a wider chassis has a lower CG, also when equiped with +1 mm/+2 mm option wheelhubs
as the weight is distributed over a wider area, the CG drops, so the car will be easier to drive

Last edited by speedy2; 02-25-2014 at 02:04 AM.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

available by May..
Old 02-16-2014, 03:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by speedy2
available by May..
Where did you get that info?
Old 02-16-2014, 04:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

mugen shocks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.