Wiki Posts
Search

italian job finish order?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default italian job finish order?

Anybody got correct finish order of the ITALIAN JOB race? Rcspecial has to be wrong! No way savoya or the other xray driver finished ahead of battle.....he had a 1st,2nd.....got him finishing 6th
Old 01-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

neobuggy.net has it right
Old 01-12-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Zanch, Battle, Savoya on the podium according to Neo.

http://www.neobuggy.net/2014/01/12/z...lian-job-race/
Old 01-13-2014, 03:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was hoping zanchetti wasn't going to win after his filthy move on ronnefalk in qualifying.
It seems driver etiquette is slowly fading away.
Another example was at storm valley wen boots copped a hit from Bloomfield who went on to win the final.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tyson72
I was hoping zanchetti wasn't going to win after his filthy move on ronnefalk in qualifying.
It seems driver etiquette is slowly fading away.
Another example was at storm valley wen boots copped a hit from Bloomfield who went on to win the final.
Such behavior should be despised by everyone, if them referees/RD don't call them out what if I crash everyone in my main to gain position? I guess it's alright then.
Even if it wasn't my fault or intended if I would cause a crash and loss of position for a driver I'll wait for the driver to go before me.
And I don't get this: Neobuggy
“At the start of the A final Elliott made a pass on Bloomers at the first corner, but with the tight track condition’s Darren tagged Elliott when he went through demoting Elliott back down the field, and with such a short lap driver etiquette went out the window and Bloomers decide not to wait and carry on.
Oh a short track it's an excuse for lack of driver etiquette? Such wow much lack of drive etiquette...
Sorry, rant over.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
Oh a short track it's an excuse for lack of driver etiquette? Such wow much lack of drive etiquette...
If you're "popular" or of a certain status in a certain place, you can get away with things other people might not get away with, perhaps...

Rules should apply to everyone equally.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eivind E
If you're "popular" or of a certain status in a certain place, you can get away with things other people might not get away with, perhaps...

Rules should apply to everyone equally.
"Racing without rules is just bashing"
Old 01-13-2014, 07:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tyson72
i was there but wasn't watching that heat, i red it on neobuggy; in the paddock nobody talked about this, maybe (maybe) it was just a driver mistake on the zanchettin side and nothing more.
my impression is that people tends to like certain drivers and if something "bad" happens to those drivers it becomes a huge fact..
Old 01-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

When n if something like that happens, the RACE DIRECTOR is just as at fault as the driver, if boots or zanchetti didn't make it right It's up to the person running the to make them make it right........it's called a STOP N GO where I race
Old 01-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Incident is on video, start watching from 40secs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWO5aYmrcgE

at this point marshalls trying to fish out Zanchettin who had crashed and was unseen losing a lot of time right at the start of a quali run @ 47 secs, they put him on track, right behind ronnefalk, obviously at this stage Ronnefalk would be ahead in terms of track position given Zanchettin's very lengthy crash.
From 55 secs you see it unfold, Zanc goes to the inside and bulldozes.

Must say though his driving for the rest of the race was much better, deserved winner in the end bar this unforgiving take out.
Old 01-13-2014, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Philipm
Incident is on video, start watching from 40secs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWO5aYmrcgE

at this point marshalls trying to fish out Zanchettin who had crashed and was unseen losing a lot of time right at the start of a quali run @ 47 secs, they put him on track, right behind ronnefalk, obviously at this stage Ronnefalk would be ahead in terms of track position given Zanchettin's very lengthy crash.
From 55 secs you see it unfold, Zanc goes to the inside and bulldozes.

Must say though his driving for the rest of the race was much better, deserved winner in the end bar this unforgiving take out.
That was a flat out hack move!
Old 01-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Adept

Things like this happen all the time when I am racing . Alex did carry a lot of speed into that corner but there are always cases of mis judgements of speed/ line and not reading the other persons driving properly . If you look when him and Elliot were racing it was clean . I guess nothing was said to ronnefaulk when he just drove 30 feet off track on the astro to rejoin the track no where near where he left it after his double pipe hang up . I was always told you have to re join the track where you left it or as near as . Things happen fast when racing and decisions are made quickly some good some bad
Old 01-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not to mention that is the furthest point from the stand...
Old 01-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Tech Adept

I was just about to mention that to lol
Old 01-13-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dan blight
. I guess nothing was said to ronnefaulk when he just drove 30 feet off track on the astro to rejoin the track no where near where he left it after his double pipe hang up
That was pretty bad. I think it deserved some kind of penalty, but it would never happen.

I suppose the bottom line is race organizers are so worried about upsetting these big name drivers, for fear they might not want to return next year, or bad mouth the event, they'd rather not say anything than upset them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.