Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Dirt Nitro Challenge 2014

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Your smoker worked great joe! I was running a bit lean until you started cooking.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Your smoker worked great joe! I was running a bit lean until you started cooking.
I wouldnt know , I had no ribs produced by Joe Pit , wahhhhhh
Old 03-03-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Wow that was alot of catching up in reading to do. As this was my first time attending the nitro challenge all I have to say, is all you guys at home put it down for at least once. I have watched this race for years now behind a PC monitor from home wishing one day I would be able to be there. Well this year was the year. I am not a super fast guy and don't have any sponsorship's and to be honest I finished in the H main after a bump from the I. But that didn't even bother me. I got the opportunity to run on the track and walk around and meet the pro guys, which little hint (they are just like us they just get to do what we all dream about play rc cars everyday and get paid for it).

I feel bad for the guys that got DQ'd in the open, but in the same time Joey stated each day that if you had any chassis sponsorship you had to run pro, it even stated it on the sign up form, as well there were guys that were moved during practice and quals because of it and they knew that none of their points would count. To me being a not super fast guy it really doesn't make that much difference but rules are rules. We all pay the entry and our way to get there, some guys just get parts cheaper, does that mean those parts make them faster NOPE I am sure they would be just as fast without it. I think we all need to realize that we are playing with toy cars and that at one time someone told me was suppose to be fun.

The best part of the weekend was the fact that my 8 year old boy back at home got to see his dad drive his toy car at the race he has wanted to go to forever, and he cheered me on every time I drove. don't care who you are if you are a parent that right there makes up for all the things that did not go the way people thought it should go.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

AMEN!!! Couldn't have said it better myself... And I was in the H main too!! Lost my brakes on lap 2... Boy its hard to get the nose down with no brakes! LMAO. Had a blast, best part was sitting trackside for the Pro A Mains and talking to some of the cooler guys I usually read about. Huge shout out and thanks for the time to Ronda Drake, Cody King, Dakota Phend, Mike Truhe, Matt Olson, and the Panther Tent Guys for the time, answers, and help. Harry is still the coolest dog at the track by far!