Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
there is a question puzzling me long........ >

there is a question puzzling me long........

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

there is a question puzzling me long........

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 02:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Once there was an 1/8 scale OR8 belt driven car...
It was called BMT!
I never managed to go 5 min without any failure!

But I like the idea of a belt OR8 car!
Old 12-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Tech Rookie

... here is a pic!
Attached Thumbnails there is a question puzzling me long........-getuserimage.asp.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 02:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I think the best thing to do would to have it centralized in the middle of the car, this would somewhat solve the problem of full, versus empty. In that the weight loss of the fuel going away would be equal on all 4 corners, versus having a front corner get lighter than the rest, from having a loss of fuel.
The weight of 125cc of fluid is no greater than the variation of other components - servos, size/type of Rx packs, engines/pipes, clutches, etc. Even worse, there's no standardization of these components with regard to weight, so how would you compensate for these too?

I guess someone needs to make a car with the drive shafts, engine, tank, pipe, battery, servos, receiver, all dead center too.

Everything is a compromise.

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
N central tank was tried on the DNX! It obviously caused to many other problems!
If you don't have a clue what you are talking about, just don't post.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:25 AM
Tech Regular

Other than the engine, the tank is the heaviest component when full, and the lightest when empty - if you consider the receiver in its box with switch and all.
Its position is pretty important.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Originally Posted by Rsickles
The weight of 125cc of fluid is no greater than the variation of other components - servos, size/type of Rx packs, engines/pipes, clutches, etc. Even worse, there's no standardization of these components with regard to weight, so how would you compensate for these too?

I guess someone needs to make a car with the drive shafts, engine, tank, pipe, battery, servos, receiver, all dead center too.

Well what i was thinking... The tank and fuel is the only non static weight. So thats why it would be important to have it center. I can balance a chassis pretty well with weights, but I need to balance static components. If the engine was center in the chassis, servo and pipe on one side, battery, reciever and box on the other. I could get a near perfect balance with a little bit of weight or clever mounting of components.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jaz240
There are 2 different chassis designs. Chassis that are narrower will be more nimble but less stable and harder to drive, but faster once you master it and get a good set up. Wider chassis are the exact opposite but can be just as fast depending on the driver. Some tracks are much better suited for wider chassis while other lean towards the narrow version. Beginner racers should lean towards the wider chassis layout.
your remark is very useful for me
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

keep in mind the weight of the fuel is not stagnant like everything else... at half tank the fuel itself will be moving left to right cause and uneven roll with the weight shift (because its on onside of the chassis)... if you guys want to get anal about stuff then thats something to consider...
Old 12-05-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kgombe
keep in mind the weight of the fuel is not stagnant like everything else... at half tank the fuel itself will be moving left to right cause and uneven roll with the weight shift (because its on onside of the chassis)... if you guys want to get anal about stuff then thats something to consider...
...baffles
But true. Still this weight, like any weight you cant control, ideally, it should be placed in the center of a racing vehicle for you to be able to get the best possible dynamics out of it

Last edited by maxflo777; 12-05-2013 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:21 AM
psr
Tech Regular

As for the tank rise the front drive shaft a few mm and put most of the tank under that make smaller clutch system bring the weight more central
Old 12-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Team Magic tried it years ago! Not sure there findings tho! Gotta be some guys around that use to wheel this for some feedback
Attached Thumbnails there is a question puzzling me long........-image.jpg  
Old 12-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Cr8 was pretty damn close!!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rsickles

Your .2 to the thread meant nothing......
Old 12-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

Well yes and no...

The team magic buggy's tank was onthe left as all others but had a top section that went to the center, over other components, kinda like durangos cap goes to the center over the stiffner and st servo

Cr8 is being helped a little by the picture. In reality is more or less like the losi
Old 12-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

This one is offset, the other model looks to be split down the middle, going to find a manual n have a look at the tank
Old 12-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Can't find any info on the one that appears to be central.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.