R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Tekno vs King Headz (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/604686-tekno-vs-king-headz.html)

Airlmeier4422 03-01-2012 11:43 AM

Tekno vs King Headz

Hello peeps, I am looking at AMAINHOBBIES to buy new shock towers and other parts. They have the Tekno and King Headz shock towers and both seem to be good and have same pricing. Any opinions on which is better. Only racing and no bashing. I tried searching for info on the Tekno towers but came up empty handed. The King Headz products that I have are great. Just wanna mix it up a little, something new.

Whats the thoughts on the Losi Aluminum top front brace and Losi Aluminum split differential mount.

losi_racer 03-01-2012 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422 (Post 10406583)
Hello peeps, I am looking at AMAINHOBBIES to buy new shock towers and other parts. They have the Tekno and King Headz shock towers and both seem to be good and have same pricing. Any opinions on which is better. Only racing and no bashing. I tried searching for info on the Tekno towers but came up empty handed. The King Headz products that I have are great. Just wanna mix it up a little, something new.

Whats the thoughts on the Losi Aluminum top front brace and Losi Aluminum split differential mount.

Well first why are you trying to change the losi towers ? The stock are great , if you wanna loose weight get the carbon fiber losi towers.

The aluminum top plate is a waste of money , all for bling no performance gains at all. The split diff mount is cool , but IMO its over priced.

Airlmeier4422 03-01-2012 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by losi_racer (Post 10406618)
Well first why are you trying to change the losi towers ? The stock are great , if you wanna loose weight get the carbon fiber losi towers.

The aluminum top plate is a waste of money , all for bling no performance gains at all. The split diff mount is cool , but IMO its over priced.

Idk, I never had any luck with the losi towers. BUT they are the original ones. Did they release a newer version of the towers?

Thats what I figured for the top plate, it would almost create less flex (right?). The split diff, I really don't know what it is, but my hobby shop was trying to get me to buy it.

losi_racer 03-01-2012 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422 (Post 10406670)
Idk, I never had any luck with the losi towers. BUT they are the original ones. Did they release a newer version of the towers?

Thats what I figured for the top plate, it would almost create less flex (right?). The split diff, I really don't know what it is, but my hobby shop was trying to get me to buy it.

The buggy had a running change when it was first released , they we're 3mm(i think) the new ones are 4mm . But I doubt any are still out there , they did that change right away.

The stop plate will have less flex but you honestly wont notice any difference , up front is pretty solid as it is . The center diff mount is cool, it allows you to run your carb straighter , but you can also just Dremel the stock mount . The split mount also does what the name says, the diff mount splits in half (from top to bottom) and allows for quicker diff removal . If the mount was cheaper I would of got one , but for 60$ I would rather spend that on fuel, tires, plugs etc

Airlmeier4422 03-01-2012 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by losi_racer (Post 10406702)
The buggy had a running change when it was first released , they we're 3mm(i think) the new ones are 4mm . But I doubt any are still out there , they did that change right away.

The stop plate will have less flex but you honestly wont notice any difference , up front is pretty solid as it is . The center diff mount is cool, it allows you to run your carb straighter , but you can also just Dremel the stock mount . The split mount also does what the name says, the diff mount splits in half (from top to bottom) and allows for quicker diff removal . If the mount was cheaper I would of got one , but for 60$ I would rather spend that on fuel, tires, plugs etc

Thanks for the advice and saving me some $.