Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
Tech Elite

My car was way super dope yesterday, just got mixed up in pit lane. Definitely had the speed to keep up with Tebo and Bradley.

Jim - The CA club race nationals are more competitive..haha.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no Jim I wont be able to go. Have to work. I am going to try and make the next state race in Tampa next month. Just need to confirm the dates and see if I am working and if so I will have time to put in for vacation.

Last edited by the buggyman; 02-01-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Aaron, true Dat, I can't forget that in Florida, even with 5 guys in the A who have been in A's at National events, Caly likely had 10 guys who were, LMAO!.......I'll see how she goes this coming weekend in Ft Pierce....Jim
Old 02-02-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Wink

went and praticed today with the car and ran about half to 3/4 of a gallon through it at Lake park in Tampa (not the friendlest track for wear and tear). The car has almost gotten boreing nothing is breaking. The track has some tight turns. I ordred the thicker sway bars and am looking forward to trying them out to change some handling. I also did some tesing with rear hub length and I kept going back to center. ALso leaned the shocks in on the tower to the inner hole and again feel the middle is best.
Old 02-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Tech Elite

Jim - Any random club race at any one of our tracks can have two WC's, three national champions, four world's finalists, and...me.

Haha
Old 02-03-2005, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Aaron, Ya, I get to race with a handfull of guys at that level, but nothing like over there. It's strange though, to see how important winning is for some guys though, even at our club races and state series events. A half dozen or so guys have started having thier cars worked on by professional mechanics, bodies painted and even mounted for them by me, and an engine guy doing thier tune-up and engine maintenance...................I think maybe some are losing site of the fact that this is supposed to be a "Hobby"? and won't have any effect on our manhood, no matter how much we need help in that department, LMAO...............Jim
Old 02-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

Aaron, long time no hear... Any possebillity that you know how much the new one piece enginemount weights for the X1-CR ?
Old 02-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Club races don't mean a darn thing. If my car works good and I drive well, I don't care where I finish.

I ran today on a surface VERY close to what Vegas tracks are normally like..and my car was UNBELIEVEABLE. I haven't changed a darn thing. I was running Jammin' Rippers and just started driving..and my stuff was dialed.

Niklas - I don't have the slightest idea..and I don't feel like disassembling a car right now..haha. I think someone posted that information on S-Grid?

And by the way..how ya been? Still P-I-M-P?
Old 02-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for not helping out a pimp friend dude...

And no - 477 posts on the grid and no info. One guy asked what the mounts weighted I think but a few guys answered what the car scaled at...

Well its kind of good I guess, hellovalot of stuff to do though as usuall. We're planing like cracy with meeting scheduels for the upcoming Nurnberg show next week. I'm laying low on the pimping, I figured I cant compete with the spiked-hair-best-from-the-west-coed-dude anyways...

Ps, I might come to cali in october for the iHobby show that will be in LA this time I think...

Take care, snowman
Old 02-04-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

Niklas, I weighed it a couple weeks ago, from memory it was 1.1 ounces heavier then the stock components..but i'm getting old, LOL........Jim
Old 02-04-2005, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim
Niklas, I weighed it a couple weeks ago, from memory it was 1.1 ounces heavier then the stock components..but i'm getting old, LOL........Jim
Me too - doesnt stop Aaron from calling me a pimp though...

The stock ones is AS-19 mounts I think (HongNor partnumber). U weighted them with no screws, right?

I weighted them (AS-19) and they are 28 gr = 0.99 oz. That would scale the monoblock to a total of just under 2.2 oz (0.99+1.1) = 59.2 g.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds about right to me....it's surprisingly light for it's size, well made, imo.......Jim
Old 02-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default what is the effect of using less rear toe in?

The Jammin X1 Pro comes with 3.0 deg. of rear toe in. Since options exist to reduce this, what is the effect? I'm most interested in cornering both entry and exit.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Niklas - You'll have to come to CA for sure! We'll show you how we do it on this side of the pond..Californians get crazy at night!

I don't weigh anything, I don't wrench, I don't glue, loctite, fix, tweak, adjust..I just punch it

Trinity-powered Jammin' X-1's go 1-2 at the Hemet club race Nationals tonight. Adam led from wire to wire, and I came from 10th to pass Kortz in the last corner and steal second. Dialed! I ran the same setup as normal and my car was silly fast!

slrguy - More toe-in will give the car more bite. Less toe-in will free it up and be better through the bumps.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Aaron - I'll let you know when and if I come over to CA in October. It will, be fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.