Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Any of you guys got any tips for piston hole size and oil weight for the big bore shocks on the buggy?
Old 01-24-2006, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

I found out there are no different front C-hubs for the X1 to adjust caster like there are for the Kyosho. What are you guys doing to compensate for this? On my last car this was an adjustment I used often for different tracks.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

"I found out there are no different front C-hubs for the X1 to adjust caster like there are for the Kyosho. What are you guys doing to compensate for this? On my last car this was an adjustment I used often for different tracks."

I've noticed the same thing. I like the C-hubs on the Kyosho MP 777 series, not only because of the caster adjustment, but I also like how the steering knuckle is protected a little better.

Will the Kyosho MP 777 series hubs fit on the Jammin?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Speedbump, have you tried using shims under the front bulkhead? This is a way to change caster for cars that don't have different hubs other than the stock part. It's a front kick-up change, which is also the same thing as changing your caster.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was under the impression that caster was adjusted using the A and B blocks, but I don't have a Jammin...yet ...so I'm not sure.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Addict

Hum it's been my understanding that changing caster & kick up are two different things. Although I think you are correct in that if you change the front kick up you will also be changing caster. However on the K-car you can change both independently I think. I don't have the buggy yet and I have not taken a close look at one. I did notice that there are three holes in the front shock tower for the hinge pin for the front upper arms. Are these used for when you change the front kick up to keep the front arms parallel? If not what are they used for?

"Will the Kyosho MP 777 series hubs fit on the Jammin?"
I was thinking the very same thing.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SpeedBump57
"Will the Kyosho MP 777 series hubs fit on the Jammin?"
nope.. but it direct fit with hyper 7. the jammin c-hub is 2-3mm wider.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by arghh; 01-25-2006 at 01:48 AM.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Laterilus
Speedbump, have you tried using shims under the front bulkhead? This is a way to change caster
do you put the shim in between chassis and gear box..??
Old 01-25-2006, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

all that's going to do is raise your roll center, right? and COG.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

I havent looked but based on any car Ive had exp with, if you somehow can get teh front hinge pin blocks to be higher than the rear ones, this will make caster at the c-hub. This change, makes the angle at which both the inner and outter hinge pins are at a great angle relative to the ground. In a pivot ball car, sliding the upper arm forward and backwards also gets the samed desired effect. I dont yet own a jammin, but I would guys they either use some type of shim system, or multiple blocks for certain amounds of caster/kick-up.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

I don't have my car yet either (gotta remind myself to call Ace tonight), but I've always assumed a kickup change is also a caster change. Anything that 'rocks' the steering hubs fore and aft will affect the caster. Now, I do have cars that can both change the kickup and caster blocks (Kyosho ZX-5 for example) and I have cars that can only change one (Losi XXX, kickup change with shims). When I finally do get the car, I'll get back on here to post. I don't know exactly how the diff housing connects to the chassis. It would be easiest if there was a pivot block around the diff housing, but I don't know since I don't have the car yet. As for changing the car's center of gravity, that is highly doubtful. Most caster changes people are looking for is only a few degrees...besides, you are only looking to shim one side of the front pivot block/or diff housing so as to change the angle of your steering hubs with referrence to the ground.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Bumpster - The upper and lower A and B blocks are how you adjust caster on the Jammin. The A blocks (AKA "Old Guy" blocks ) gives you 22*, the B blocks (which every one else runs) gives you 20*. The holes in the shock tower and upper A and B blocks allows you to vary the front roll center higher and lower (you didn't have that adjustment on your Mayhem). Get yours yet, Scott?

Gary
Old 01-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Tech Addict

Hey guys, does the lightened (milled) chassis come on the new FT kit? I noticed on the site they have two X1-CR chassis and one has a lot more material milled out on it than the other. Thanks!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Gary!

That is exactly the info I was looking for. After seeing that there were no different C-hubs for the car I kinda figured thats how we were going to be able to do that but was not 100% sure. I was playing with the boys K3 last weekend when I started thinking about how the Jammin was setup. As you probably know you can change the caster & the kickup septeratly on the K car and wasn't sure if you could do this on the Jammin or not. I will probably start with the B-blocks first. If I find it too much I will go to the "old folks blocks". LOL

I placed my order for the new FT kit yesterday with Ofna. In talking with them on the Phone this morning they are expecting the new kits to arrive mid Feb. So I will have to wait a few more weeks. But like I said good things come to those who wait.

Man I can't wait for spring, I am really looking forward to the 06 season!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.