Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will you buy RPM arms for MBX6-T?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

i have an idea. why dont you put a 1/5 VW Beetle body on it. then when you crash you'll just wreak a fender instead a arm.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

If you want arms on your 6T that don't break so easily use the 5T lowers arms. The only fitment issue is the sway bar link will be out by 45 degrees. The 5T arms flex more which will absorb more impact before breaking. The 6T arms are more brittle. However, the 5T arns will slow your handling and allow for less control of the alignment at speed. The X6 is an evolution from the X5. I have the X6 and X6T and had both versions in X5. One of the improvements was the more brittle arms which maintains better alignment at speed vs the X5. The trade off is if you crash too hard you'll break more easily in the X6. The X6 has the capability of more speed that the X5 if your going beyond your ability and breaking the X6 slow yourself down by putting on the X5 lower arms.

Make sure you change them on both fronts and/or both rears or your handling will be really messed up!
Old 06-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi! First, sorry for my bad english!
I'm from spain, here we have a big problem with the front lower arms, it brokes very easily...

Can you send me the link where sell the rpm arms for mugen mbx6?

Thanks!
Old 06-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

No hay!

Quieren Q RPM lo hagan como lo hacen para el RC8.

Dicen q no se necessita, Si lo partes, es tu culpa

y q el plastico sera muy flexible q no sirve para carrerra.

and my spanish is horrible but i would still buy a pair, they may be too flexible for warm weather racing but better? for cooler weather?

I've yet to break an arm on either the 5T or X6 and I'm a horrible driver who is always nosediving off the simplest jump.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I can see RPM being reluctant to do a 1/8th arm set. Even though Mugen historically changes less than other brands the turnover is still quick. That makes the amount of time that RPM can use the molds/sell arms limited.

Earlier advice is correct. Control the vehicle. Most 1/8 vehicles are plenty strong and only break in extraordinary crashes.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No I wouldn't I am happy with the arms as they are, esp the last revision.
The only times I have broken an arm, I SHOULD have broken an arm
Old 09-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Amain: TQ on buggy and 2nd on truggy today, broke both arms in the main...and they broke in situations that all other arms would have survived. I spend a lot of money getting ready for race day only to DNF due to Mugen arm breakage. Personally, I'm getting sick of it. There's got to be a better way to prevent this from happening.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)

I would try them out for sure. It's one thing that the front lowers break alot, but the fact that they always break at the exact same spot indicates a design flaw to me. The arms break right at the pin next to the set screw everytime.

Flame away and blame me for poor driving, but I have driven the RC8T and the Losi 2.0T and never broke arms like this. Don't get me wrong the MBX6T handles 10x better than the 2, but the risk of breaking an arm is worth it.
Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

I would like someone to try Caster arms. Our truggy arms hardly ever break compared to the buggy ones. I am curious to see an honest comparison from someone.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpalessi
they did already. why cant users just expect to break if they crash at 30mph wheel first....
I'm sorry, but only Mugens are breaking at our track, and the guys driving them are good drivers, those arms are junk, plain and simple. Every Mugen broke several arms at our track this weekend. It's unfortunate, because it's a great racer ( and the 5T used to be the gold standard of durability ). Yu can't win if you break, and they break more than any other at our track.

Denying the issue doesn't fix the problem. They break randomly, and not necessarily after a hard hit either, like some like to claim If Mugen would fix that, they'd have a near perfect truck on their hands. I can tell you this, if my truggy broke that many arms, I wouldn't want it anymore. They break more a-arms than any truck I've seen at our facility.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I'm sorry, but only Mugens are breaking at our track, and the guys driving them are good drivers, those arms are junk, plain and simple. Every Mugen broke several arms at our track this weekend. It's unfortunate, because it's a great racer ( and the 5T used to be the gold standard of durability ). Yu can't win if you break, and they break more than any other at our track.

Denying the issue doesn't fix the problem. They break randomly, and not necessarily after a hard hit either, like some like to claim If Mugen would fix that, they'd have a near perfect truck on their hands. I can tell you this, if my truggy broke that many arms, I wouldn't want it anymore. They break more a-arms than any truck I've seen at our facility.

IMO Mugen should do like losi, serpent & hotbodies find a way to use titanium arms for upper and use the same plastic like the others
Old 09-12-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
IMO Mugen should do like losi, serpent & hotbodies find a way to use titanium arms for upper and use the same plastic like the others
I just think it's pathetic that they haven't done anything..they have a great truck on their hands, but man, I race with some pretty nice guys, and I get sick of seeing them sidelined because of the same break, in the same place, on nearly every arm, on every truck

It's a mold issue from what we can tell, you can see a bubbles in the broken plastic. I have to laugh when the blame is placed on the driver..those drivers had other truggies and they didn't break nearly as often..but they weren't as fast as the Mugen.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I don't get why some people are opposed to this arms. You try it or read about them and buy them IF you want them. Nobody is holding a gun for you to try it!!!
I have broke 3 a arms on the mbx6t mostly after landing big jumps--and none on my rc8t or rc8b and the AE were RTR--
In fact, I replaced the rc8t arms 6 months ago because of the dents but they were not broken it was just a major tune up.
I would try them.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlCrocco
I would try them out for sure. It's one thing that the front lowers break alot, but the fact that they always break at the exact same spot indicates a design flaw to me. The arms break right at the pin next to the set screw everytime.

Flame away and blame me for poor driving, but I have driven the RC8T and the Losi 2.0T and never broke arms like this. Don't get me wrong the MBX6T handles 10x better than the 2, but the risk of breaking an arm is worth it.
Handles 10x's better than RC8 and Losi ? If they're that good, I would imagine we would see more in the winners circle.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo
I just think it's pathetic that they haven't done anything..they have a great truck on their hands, but man, I race with some pretty nice guys, and I get sick of seeing them sidelined because of the same break, in the same place, on nearly every arm, on every truck

It's a mold issue from what we can tell, you can see a bubbles in the broken plastic. I have to laugh when the blame is placed on the driver..those drivers had other truggies and they didn't break nearly as often..but they weren't as fast as the Mugen.

Hey Billy, I'm actually considering running my MBX6T in on road next year. That should hopefully help the arm situation out.

Mugen needs to fix the arm issue or I'm going to shove my truggy right up their pooper.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.