Wiki Posts
Search

Starter Box Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Starter Box Question

Does anyone know what starter boxes will work with a Losi 8T truggy? It is the original rtr version. I am looking to help out a friend who always seems to have problems with the roto start thing. I know my blue ofna truggy box will not work but if anyone knows which ones will work without having to change anything on the motor and without grinding a bigger hole in the chassis I would appreciate the inout.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Any starterbox out there will. I would suggest the ofna truggy box, it seems to set the standard for starter boxes.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

i use the ofna truggy box for my 8ight 2.0 buggy... it will work for anything including the 8ight T. you just have to adjust the posts properly
Old 05-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NorthCentral RC
Does anyone know what starter boxes will work with a Losi 8T truggy? It is the original rtr version. I am looking to help out a friend who always seems to have problems with the roto start thing. I know my blue ofna truggy box will not work but if anyone knows which ones will work without having to change anything on the motor and without grinding a bigger hole in the chassis I would appreciate the inout.
I'm not sure if this is his problem but my ofna box didn't work at first and it was because the wheel was to wide. Had to buy another ofna wheel that would reach up in my chassis. Other than that the 1.0 truggy should work on any 8 scale box. I use to use my friends 2.0 losi buggy box. Just position it correctly. Also if he's using the Mach 427 with roto start, tell him the back plate of the losi 454 will work on it.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Also if its the 1.0 rtr, along with the engine back plate he will have to get different motor mounts to lower the engine closer to chassis. The race roller 2.0 mounts are on ebay all the time for a few bucks. I used the ofna truggy box with the 1.0 with no prob
Old 05-18-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ofna is the only way to go.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by steve307b
Also if its the 1.0 rtr, along with the engine back plate he will have to get different motor mounts to lower the engine closer to chassis. The race roller 2.0 mounts are on ebay all the time for a few bucks. I used the ofna truggy box with the 1.0 with no prob

That is right! That's why I had to get the back plate put on. The flywheel was to high. I also remember trying the race motor mounts. I think the black back plate cause the motor not to go on with those mounts. It's a blur but I remember having an issue.
Old 05-19-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Titian2010
I'm not sure if this is his problem but my ofna box didn't work at first and it was because the wheel was to wide. Had to buy another ofna wheel that would reach up in my chassis. Other than that the 1.0 truggy should work on any 8 scale box. I use to use my friends 2.0 losi buggy box. Just position it correctly. Also if he's using the Mach 427 with roto start, tell him the back plate of the losi 454 will work on it.

So if he gets the 454 backplate, will it bolt right on or will the crank have to modified in any way?

Last edited by NorthCentral RC; 05-19-2011 at 06:14 AM.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

So if he gets the 454 backplate, will it bolt right on or will the crank have to modified in any way?
From what I remember, I had to tap the crank forward from the inside. It was nothing big. The part is made for the mach. If u check ebay or ask your local hobby shop to pull the part numbers they will be the same. You might not need to tap it. Could of been my motor. If u do need to, don't go crazy and bang it. Light taps and it will move. Maybe some one else can help. It was a while ago with that motor and it's a bit of a blur.