Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I heard CEN Racing is out of business!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

You guys are crazy why even deal with this product wait till everything gets setup and things get confirmed its already a shady past don't cry when you don't see your items.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im shocked there still pulling at sting's to keep thing's going, Just pack it in and realize it Aint gonna happen.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Default cen direct

Yes I have sent a few e-mails to the sales departmen with no response. i have gotten a few e-mails from ken but no word on when the parts will ship. Have ordered parts from a different site just to get the car running and I will wait and see if cen direct ships the parts. Aluminum parts are from cen direct and I am anxious to get them.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Default parts

You guys are never gonna believe it but I got an E-mail saying my parts were shipped last friday. This is great news for me as it is getting hard to find parts at all. So its not a ups tracking number just a "the check is in the mail" message, but I am still hopefull.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmmy
You guys are never gonna believe it but I got an E-mail saying my parts were shipped last friday. This is great news for me as it is getting hard to find parts at all. So its not a ups tracking number just a "the check is in the mail" message, but I am still hopefull.
Well that took long enough. I wouldn't get too excited, This new store is very suspicious. The dealer site has changed also now. It shows "In Stock" for everything, even items that CEN stopped making a year ago. They must be up to no good. Really they are set up for you to place orders and give them your money, even for items they don't have.

As for your order, timmmy, I am willing to bet that the items are not even in stock in the USA, they are probably coming from Taiwan first, then to you.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
You guys are crazy why even deal with this product wait till everything gets setup and things get confirmed its already a shady past don't cry when you don't see your items.
I have to agree 100%. This thread has been full of people explaining how they have been scammed by this old CEN Distributor. I would not give them a single cent until things look as they should be.(New products and not old discontinued ones)

I am almost out of CEN parts and I am going to wait a while before I get involved again. CEN needs to get organized.
In a way, it's a good thing the old distributor disappeared, I have sold thousands of $ in parts that I thought would never sell. 90% of it to the US, I don't think there are too many CEN's left in Canada.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Default cen direct

well the parts didnt show up this week. i sent another e-mail to cen direct asking for a tracking number. maybee the parts are coming from taiwan office? that said if anyone has clutch shoes, a flywheel preferably aluminum, for a gst, i am buying.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by timmmy
well the parts didnt show up this week. i sent another e-mail to cen direct asking for a tracking number. maybee the parts are coming from taiwan office? that said if anyone has clutch shoes, a flywheel preferably aluminum, for a gst, i am buying.

You can more then likely make Another brand Clutch Fit your Truck, Your Not FORCED to run a CEN clutch.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Any standard brand 1/8 flywheel and clutch will work. In fact, the cen part is identical to the kyosho st-rr part. You can also use the cvds, a-arms, diffs, shock towers, chassis brace, body, etc. just about everything. In fact a lot of us that used to run cen truggies would use a BCE chassis, then do a changeover on the diffs and chassis brace from the strr. It's all a direct fit, with little tweaking involved. Problem was, that once all was said and done, we typically spend more than an strr would have cost to begin with... Had we been paying retail.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

timmmy is kind of forced to run a CEN clutch. The GST 7.7 engine has a much bigger crankshaft, which limits him to a CEN GST flywheel and 4 shoe clutch.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by TERRA NOVA
timmmy is kind of forced to run a CEN clutch. The GST 7.7 engine has a much bigger crankshaft, which limits him to a CEN GST flywheel and 4 shoe clutch.

I kinda had that Thought in the back of my Mind, But figured it was worth a Shot anyways.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bah... I thought he was running the matrix tr. fyi you can run a different motor in there. You just need the gsr engine mount and clutch bell. Smolnik ran a nova .28 in his nemesis a while back.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I know all about the .28 in the CEN. I ran the SH .28 8-Port in a GST. Much more power than the 7.7. The 7.7 is impressive in size, but the power and tuning sucked. I used the GSR engine mount and clutch bell/gears.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default cen racing

I should have bought a baja 1/5
Old 01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Default cen direct

My money was refunded back to my card last night I must have pissed someone at cen off. Well I hope this helps I thought it would be interesting to order from em and see what happens. thanks for all the help everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.