Old 01-24-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

micro deans
Old 01-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
wow thats the most intelligent thing ive ever heard you say way to go clint....yeah...im down with the switches too...
Old 01-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I stopped using switches after about the third time one went out on me. I just use a 2" servo extension and plug it into my receiver. the battery plugs right into the other end. the cost is like $1.50.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=token;8539118]I always run a on off switch......ALWAYS. I keep an extra in my box justin case[/QUOTe

+ 1 same here.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by token
I always run a on off switch......ALWAYS. I keep an extra in my box justin case
+ 1 I do the same .
jebutler3 likes this.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Man They both suck..I used switches that failed during a race so I switched to micro deans and my Pit man forgot to unplug after my quali and I ran out to marshal and never check and my Lipo was drained so Pick your poison! I went back to switches and I use the ones from Hyperion cause they are cheap and they work great and I change em every 3 gallons regardless
Old 01-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Default to switch or not to switch

[QUOTE=nothin special;8539783]
Originally Posted by token
I always run a on off switch......ALWAYS. I keep an extra in my box justin case[/QUOTe

+ 1 same here.
The spare switch in your box isnt gonna help you in your main when the one in your car fails...just my two cents.True, switches are easy to deal with but i find a jumper lead to be way more reliable in racing conditions,although not foolproof.As far as unplugging,you could just as easily get a raw deal by leaving the switch on.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
switches fail eventually, almost always usually in a main. buggy and starter box both. its easy to flip a switch off, its also easy to bump a switch on. you have to unplug the battery anyways at the end of the day so why not. i've had 4 switches fail me in 3 years of racing and haven't ran a switch in the last 2 years. i've had 1 connection come "undone" in a race just cause i had a substitute pit guy and he didn't plug it in all the way. theres already a long list of things that can fail during racing, no switch eliminates a major one.
+1 I am with Johnny B. on this one.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (71%+)

until you have a run away due to a faulty switch causing your nitro to flip over on its lid and scream til the rod goes threw the case...it happens...toss the switch. I lost a brand new Clockworks JL.21 due to a switch...and the switch was new.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I still run switches.

I had a glitch once. It happened every other heat and always in the main. At first I thought it was a bad lipo, then I thought it was the regulator, then I thought it was the reciever, and then I thought it was the radio. Finally I changed the switch when put in a new battery box and problem never happened again. I think the switch had a short in it that was turning the power on and off intermittenly. Pissed me off.

I still run switches though. Less hassle.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MB75
+1 I am with Johnny B. on this one.

+1

i forgot to mention, if you put a dab of shoogoo on the battery connector it will not pop off.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
+1

i forgot to mention, if you put a dab of shoogoo on the battery connector it will not pop off.
If you have a connector with a flat spot, you can put a dab of ca glue on it and let it dry, and the connection will be tighter.

Does anyone know of a good, small connector that 'snaps' in? Was never a fan on plugging in the black rx connectors now the Deans idea.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
There are electronic switches with a simple push button for on/of, I believe KO has one.
Nimh Only....Life Not too sure, Definitely No lipo tho.

Originally Posted by rc23
i cant believe im reading a thread where everyone is agreeing that they dont run on/off switches.

Is it Wacky Wednesday?
Nope we've just seen the downside to running a switch and what Can happen So we are using preventative measure's to make sure it wont/Cant happen again.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
If you have a connector with a flat spot, you can put a dab of ca glue on it and let it dry, and the connection will be tighter.

Does anyone know of a good, small connector that 'snaps' in? Was never a fan on plugging in the black rx connectors now the Deans idea.

I Prefer my JST's over Mini deans. They dont "click" per say but they definitely connect tighter then a mini deans as there's more surface area holding them together. I prefer the 20awg Protec leads as the wire is Nice quality.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I personally use a switch. There's plenty of reasons not to, but if you mount them properly, use a dust cover, and replace them often you won't have any troubles. I've used both methods and the switch is much easier to use for you and your pit man. I'd rather change the switch every couple months than run a lipo dead or fry my servos by leaving the battery plugged in all day. Use good switches and they last pretty long. This is one electronic item that I think JR has down. The JR small switch is great(unlike the rest of their products!).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.