Which 1:8 Racing Buggy? (+ Engine etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which 1:8 Racing Buggy? (+ Engine etc.)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking Which 1:8 Racing Buggy? (+ Engine etc.)

Hey there,

I´am planing on going 1:8 off-road racing next season - I already own a Serpent 950R on-road.

So which car should I choose?

Serpent Cobra S811, Agama A8 EVO, Mugen MBX-6 M-Spec, O'Donnell Z01-B SG Team, Losi 8IGHT 2.0 Race Roller EU, Durango DNX 408 or maybe The Car? As the price tag is nearly the same I´am pretty confused...

As for servos I wanted to go with Savöx - they seem to be pretty good and cost effectiveness is great. How much power does a servo in a buggy need? Will the SC-1257TG be enough or the SC-1258TG or even the SC-1256TG other suggestions are welcome. (I´am not allowed to make links yet so I can´t link the specifications of the servos >_<)

Last but not least the engine - Alpha 21-Z852-Combo or Go-tech GX-7R-boxed or Nova Rossi ToroNero .21 Team Motorbox mit Masterfix-System EFRA9001 - of course the Nova is the most expensive one..

Sorry for my English and thanks for your time!

edit:
read all day..mhh I´m starting to favor the Agama

Best regards,
Lars

Last edited by thelars; 08-30-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm running a Losi 8ight with OS VSpec Pro Mod, and Orion Vortex VDS-2015 servo (same as Savox) which puts out 278oz of torque at .15 seconds.

I would go with the Losi. Parts are readily available and cheaper than others. Also really simple set up. How ever I wouldn't go with the EU, just the regular team 2.0.

That OS puts out tons of power on the bottom, and you can pick up a good used one for about $135ish. Which beats the new price of about $450.

Since you've ran on road a faster servo than .15 would be good for you, just be sure it has enough torque. I love my Orion so far which is a Savox in a different case.

Hope I helped!
Old 08-30-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by So*Cal AFDude
I'm running a Losi 8ight with OS VSpec Pro Mod, and Orion Vortex VDS-2015 servo (same as Savox) which puts out 278oz of torque at .15 seconds.

I would go with the Losi. Parts are readily available and cheaper than others. Also really simple set up. How ever I wouldn't go with the EU, just the regular team 2.0.

That OS puts out tons of power on the bottom, and you can pick up a good used one for about $135ish. Which beats the new price of about $450.

Since you've ran on road a faster servo than .15 would be good for you, just be sure it has enough torque. I love my Orion so far which is a Savox in a different case.

Hope I helped!
+1 on the losi buggy!....BUT i would go with whatever is easy to get parts for in YOUR area!.....if you want GREAT motor for $200 or less than run a GO or an ALPHA!....both of these motors will be great and dont need to be modded to be competitive!
Old 08-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Tech Initiate

It can be hard to get spare parts for the Losi..as least that´s what i´ve heard.

I think I will stick with the Savöx servos and the Alpha Z852...chassis still to be decided
Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The best car Ive seen by far is the SEARCH BUTTON.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Yeah i know..as a result I read so many pages on the big discussion threads about the different models that I´m even more confused
Old 08-30-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by thelars
It can be hard to get spare parts for the Losi..as least that´s what i´ve heard.

I think I will stick with the Savöx servos and the Alpha Z852...chassis still to be decided
Where you at in Germany?? Check out RCCARSHOP.de...Oliver will take care of you. He stocks most Losi parts all the time.
I switched over from touring cars this spring and love it. Picked up a Losi 8ight 2.0 EU and have been very happy with it.
If your used to quick reacting on road cars you will like the Losi. Its also built like a tank so its been perfect for my "beginner" debut into offroad.