Wiki Posts
Search

fuel line length

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default fuel line length

Ok from some people i hear to run 1ft of fuel line. Others asy shortest as possbile, then ive ha a guy tell me that if you keep the length of both lines the same it will be more consistant tuning. What do you guys recommend i do? Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Ok from some people i hear to run 1ft of fuel line. Others asy shortest as possbile, then ive ha a guy tell me that if you keep the length of both lines the same it will be more consistant tuning. What do you guys recommend i do? Thanks
mine is super short. i always run short as possible simply because when i was running long fuel line i had tuning issues all the time and it either ripped or got down in the flywheel and ruined my race day. also if you run long fuel line and run out of fuel during your main, your screwed, it takes forever to get fuel back to the carb, its not worth 10-15 seconds more run time to me. if i run out of fuel it takes 5 seconds tops to get it started. mine is as short as possible, people mess with me for that but im pitting at the same time as them and i never have fuel line related issues. mine is 6 inches tops thats giving it a little extra hahah.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

If you don't have a clunk tank, you are going to need a little more than shortest possible or the thing will stall very quick when upside down.
Old 08-10-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

oh yeah kinda forgot, i have an D8 so thats why i run mine so short. since i have a clunk
Old 08-11-2010, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I've seen guys run them as short as possible, to all 3 feet of a package wrapped around the truck.. If you don't beleive me I'll get you pictures this weekend.. The one with a on of line, doesn't seem to have any more trouble with tuning then anyone else, but we also start racing in the sun and end up after dark, adn the tune changes dramatically no matter the time of year..
Old 08-11-2010, 01:33 AM
Tech Lord

Fuelline does create some resistance, the longer it is the more resistance it has. Getting fuel into the engine is done by 2 way's, sucking by the engine and pushing by the backpressure. athough it is an almost closed system the backpressure needs to get bigger to overcome the resistance of a longer fuelline.

In short terms: a shorter fuelline (and backpressure line) does create a faster responding engine which is easier to tune.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

My experience is that the tune keeps more consistent with long fuel line and pressure line.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

My experience is the best way to run it is whatever the manufacturer suggests. If its gota clunk, its going to be short, and if not its going be longish. They suggest it for a reasons like keeping it away from heat, keep it away from things that can tear it, and keep enough fuel in there for when your upside down. Just my personal opinion.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default goo question

I run mine out of the tank around the air filter neck, into the fuel filter on the side of the tank and around the tank and into to front of the carb.....

I didn't mean goo question, good question........
Old 08-11-2010, 03:52 AM
Tech Elite

what u mean if its got a clunk run shorter mine is a d8 with fironi line and a gas cooling filter i run the lenth they give u on the clunk with the fironi line then i cut the rest in half and use it on my exhaust and fuel line including the cooling filter..Is that bad to run kinda long with a clunk???
Old 08-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not bad, it's just pointless. There's no need to run a long fuel line when the tank has a clunk. I run a Losi so my fuel line is as short as possible, the pressure line is about 8 inches.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

I run it exactly like my manual say run it. And I have yet to have any problems tuning, staying running ect..... I think its funny that guys claim to get better this and better that. Nonsense. Its funny when you get to a big race and there is 300 entries and out of the 300, some guy has 300 feet of fuel line, tuning, looking like he really knows what hes doing.

One thing I do is look and observe other people cars. You get latest setup, different ideas that may be home made but works, new products ect.... I still have yet to see a car with 612 yards of fuel tube. PLUS HUM, ITS AGAINST THE LAW. Go try to run that crap at a big race that is teched.

Just saying.......
Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by token
I run it exactly like my manual say run it. And I have yet to have any problems tuning, staying running ect..... I think its funny that guys claim to get better this and better that. Nonsense. Its funny when you get to a big race and there is 300 entries and out of the 300, some guy has 300 feet of fuel line, tuning, looking like he really knows what hes doing.

One thing I do is look and observe other people cars. You get latest setup, different ideas that may be home made but works, new products ect.... I still have yet to see a car with 612 yards of fuel tube. PLUS HUM, ITS AGAINST THE LAW. Go try to run that crap at a big race that is teched.

Just saying.......
lol i can see the techs seein that and just laughing mine isnt long i see people running way more than me but i think im ganna shortin it. Heres a pic of mine i havent ran it yet so u guys decide how bad it is its not extreamly long but its not just a straight line..lol
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Prophet

well im using a 8 inch piece, fuel line for my pipe and for the carb the fuel line is just long enough to reach the carb outlet.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
lol i can see the techs seein that and just laughing mine isnt long i see people running way more than me but i think im ganna shortin it. Heres a pic of mine i havent ran it yet so u guys decide how bad it is its not extreamly long but its not just a straight line..lol
that your "spare" buggy in the backround?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.