Wiki Posts
Search

What spare parts do you buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 808gx7r
bearings here are 70-80NZD for a full set. thats way to expensive to do all the time so i found a solution. works great. try it
Like Gage said, Avid has $1 bearings, just buy a stock of them and replace when needed.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Let's see here...

We take it from the start regarding the "bake the bearings in the oven"

1. You have brand new and never used bearings and you go out to drive in the dirt.
2. You drive it again and again and again in the dirt
3. Your bearings will by now have some degree of dirt inside since they have "opened up a bit"
4. The solution is now to put them in the oven and bake them so the seal "closes back up"
5. Now go out and run with your "good as brand new" bearings with a perfect seal.

I see a MAJOR flaw here. What about the dirt that at some point during step 1. or 2. got inside the bearing?

You still call this method a good method?
You did not just have dirt in your bearings, you actually sealed it in there!
Good work man!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MiniMeRCRacing
Web forums are for people who want to communicate in written form with each other just as debates are for people who want to communicate in oral form. If a person communicates poorly, it makes it difficult to understand them or their point. Poor grammar degrades web forums.

Last week, a well educated young man from Nigeria asked for my help at a gas station. He didn't understand the directions on the pump because there was a comma where it didn't belong so it changed the entire message. The message was articulated for dumb people.

We can't pander to the dumb masses.
all i heard u saying in that post was 'im a little bitch that has nothing better to do then try n sound right n distract ppl from the original topic' i dont thing rctech is the right forum for u to b on.

in rc its good to have spares on hand n its also good to have a spare car. i think the smartest thing to do isfindsomeone selling a used car that u already have n use it as a spare parts car. that way ur not paying 500 bux for a new spare car n ull have parts
Old 08-11-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

can we all just stop arguing. It seems as time goes on people like to slam others and they end up getting the thread locked. If someone makes a suggestion you dont gotta slam it. Just let it be, everyone has their differnt methods tthey like. Just help the guy on his question not agrue about everything.
Old 08-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Bearings, A-arms, C-hubs is pretty standard for me.

Anything else depends on the car.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcdude236
can we all just stop arguing. It seems as time goes on people like to slam others and they end up getting the thread locked. If someone makes a suggestion you dont gotta slam it. Just let it be, everyone has their differnt methods tthey like. Just help the guy on his question not agrue about everything.
yes but the arguement started from a post way off topic totally disrespecting people which is inmature and rude to do.Im sure almost everyone in this thread will agree except the one guy who said it.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Default Off Topic

We're getting off topic with this but I still want to comment anyway. I don't think perfect grammar is necessary but at the same time I would like to be able to understand what the person is typing. I've seen a lot of posts on several different threads that were almost unreadable. Not saying I'm perfect but at least you can understand what I'm saying. I think thats important. Sorry to have to comment on that but I see no need in starting a thread for it so we might as well touch base on it when we can. Go ahead and bash this all you want at least you can understand what I'm writing.

Oh by the way, I always carry bearing and thats about it but I also have parts support at my local tracks so it's not as important.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
all i heard u saying in that post was 'im a little bitch that has nothing better to do then try n sound right n distract ppl from the original topic'

I guess you feel like your a part of the dumb masses? You shouldn't feel bad. God made us all for a purpose. No need to be so sensitive.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

I guess you feel like your a part of the dumb masses? You shouldn't feel bad. God made us all for a purpose. No need to be so sensitive.
WOW u like to keep this going or what? Calling people dumb masses is really mature of you and yet again rude... Do you even race rc or do you just join forums to make people mad? Honestly you dont seem like a fun guy to race with.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Klimpen717
Let's see here...

We take it from the start regarding the "bake the bearings in the oven"

1. You have brand new and never used bearings and you go out to drive in the dirt.
2. You drive it again and again and again in the dirt
3. Your bearings will by now have some degree of dirt inside since they have "opened up a bit"
4. The solution is now to put them in the oven and bake them so the seal "closes back up"
5. Now go out and run with your "good as brand new" bearings with a perfect seal.

I see a MAJOR flaw here. What about the dirt that at some point during step 1. or 2. got inside the bearing?

You still call this method a good method?
You did not just have dirt in your bearings, you actually sealed it in there!
Good work man!
i did not say drive it before you do it get it right pal.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 08-11-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last week, a well educated young man from Nigeria asked for my help at a gas station. He didn't understand the directions on the pump because there was a comma where it didn't belong so it changed the entire message. The message was articulated for dumb people.

We can't pander to the dumb masses.
Did he also ask you to sign into his UPS account and set up shipping?

Aside from that, it is really sad when people come to North America reading and writing English at a higher level than a majority of native English speakers.

This is incredibly off topic. Buy bearings.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Regular

i did not say drive it before you do it get it right pal.
No you didn't but you just made that up because I got you think of it.
What you said is, and I quote you here:

the night before a race. take out wheel bearings and diff bearings and even clutch bearings.(must be rubber sealed) throw them in the oven for 20mins at 200F.

Why would you say to take them out the night before a race?
Why wouldn't you say "but the new bearings and put them in the oven before you put them on your truck".
The way you said it suggests that you take your already used bearings from you truck and put them in the oven and then put them back on your truck.

BUT, if your suggestion was to TAKE A NEW bearing and put it in the oven before first use your advice to everyone is a completely different matter.
Was that what you meant for us all???
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what alot of people don't understand is that the seal on the bearing gets moved and lets in more dirt etc.

but when you heat the seal that much... its rubber. it resets its position of the seal so it takes back the area of the bearing it once was in. one sideways landing can bend the seal and open her up. it seats nicely into place when heated with the metal. carefull opening the oven as you might get a bunch of smoke from the crap inside the bearing

common sence really, as for e.g if you were the seal getting pushed aganst etc your likely to move aint you. the seal trys to move when getting shunted by dirt and rushing water mud etc.
i have a question: this makes no sense, one bad landing and the rubber opens up and lets dirt in. then baking it in the oven seals them back up? well where did the dirt go that got in there after one bad landing?

not trying to start anything but that makes no sense at all, seems like it would make the bearing last even shorter amount of time. when i read your first post i thought you were joking then i read this one and i guess your not. please explain.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Klimpen717
Since this thread is so off topic anyway i got a question?
I always wanted to ask someone this so here it is

Hows Sweden? Is it a nice place, how are the tracks there?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.