Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Riped off on a engine? What do you think? >

Riped off on a engine? What do you think?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Riped off on a engine? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

I still don't get it cantaberra?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:38 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dayglo33
How long did he have after you sent it back to him?
i am in close contact with Q and he didnt run that engine for very long before he bought a p5xlt"tuned" from me , so i believe he only put 1/2 a gallon on it , thats neither here nor there , if you want it fixed , i will fix it

i dont remember how long he had it , maybe 2 months? he has bought about 5 or 6 engines from me . he got that engine to try the 5 port before he nough one from me
Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (98%+)

Why can't I get a straight answer? Is this capital hill?
Old 06-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (96%+)

dayglo33 just send it to him (houston).... not many people willing to fix for notta.....
Old 06-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

all this for a p5 you paid 120 for that is too much for that mill but houston will fix for free then send it to him for 120 you can buy a sh .21 xb2008 from hobby people they run good for the price and it is new so dont have to worry about getting screwed.
houston how much for a rod for one of these i need one for one of mine the rod is shot
Old 06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jewn_beef
all this for a p5 you paid 120 for that is too much for that mill but houston will fix for free then send it to him for 120 you can buy a sh .21 xb2008 from hobby people they run good for the price and it is new so dont have to worry about getting screwed.
houston how much for a rod for one of these i need one for one of mine the rod is shot
50$ for 07009
Old 06-23-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

"First thing I notice was the oil by the front bearing. Appears to be leakie."

THEY ALL LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Front bearing are NOT air tight. Why do so many people believe that they are??? It's the oil and the fuel that creates a barrier causing air not to get in.

Engine running 280 degree??? Please do not tell me you just put the engine in and just ran the crap out of it without listening to it or observing the smoke.

Only stand out in this whole thread is Houston, who is offering you services for FREE. I suggest you take his offer, not many people in this industry will do that. Hats off to you, Houston, for willingly helping a newb out.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Dayglo33,if you will just listen to a few of the folks(Maximo,Houston,Motogod and that's just a few) you will learn more by reading there posts and discussions with other racers than anywhere else...unless you happen to have Mario Rossi for a nieghbor!
I've shared posts with Maximo and all the Clockworks racers for a few months now and they have all been very helpful...I know,I've thanked Maximo so many times that he would probably like for me to peel my lips off his ass! But,I am thankful for the ones in the industry and on the tracks that care enough to try to keep us in the right direction...
Learn to tune....Its not easy...may be a god given gift...if you can't ,then ask someone who can and soak up everything you learn...
Old 06-23-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dude just send him the stupid engine already. He is going to get it all squared away for FREEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure this one out. Plus he knows what he is doing.

Ship it before he changes his mind.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

to answer some questions.. buyer sent me some picks of the motor... NONE where with the motor disassembled.. all had every thing covered up..... carb covered. exhaust port... ok now you are thinking good motor... or like i think what is he covering up.... ok now take it easy and let me explain.. motor in pick has no clutch on it... correct?? motor that dayglo33 got had full clutch setup on it!! ok pick could be old and has been run after..motor looked like it was just pulled form a vehicle and sent.... this is what i saw!!! if you want to call me a liar then go ahead but you where not there i was...

thank you to huston for stepping up to help out another racer..... this thread will be locked now... to many things are getting off subject... jeremy