Wiki Posts
Search

After run oil: who uses it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
RCZOMBIE, do you have a link to the Klotz stuff?

kinda funny tho, Klotz chain lube is what I use on my ATV, is it the same company? If so, what oil by them do you use?
www.Klotzwarehouse.com you won't have problems starting it up and I only use it when I know my rides are sitting over a week same with RB Mods stuff mixes with fuel real good and won't gum up. I never take the plug out to put it in too risky(dirt and such) I always put 3-5 drops in the carb turn it over for 5 sec and then 3-5 more drops and turn over another 5 sec done.

Last edited by RC-ZOMBIE; 05-25-2010 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
I would NEVER put anything into my engines that can also be used as an air filter oil. If it is thick enough to be an air filter oil, it is thick enough to totally f*** your engine. Just my opinion.
Who said it was thick??? It's ultra thin, Synthetic, super slick and binds to metal. Klotz is good stuff that's why they have been in business for over 50 years! RB Mods is thick and is after run oil and is awesome!

Last edited by RC-ZOMBIE; 05-25-2010 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Who said it was thick??? It's ultra thin, Synthetic and binds to metal.
Ok, well then I would NEVER use it an an air filter oil. It just simply can't do both things. One or the other, not both. If it is thin, then it is after run oil, not air filter oil.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Too true! Absolutely terrible for your engine. Yet all your "internet experts" recommend it. "Yeah, run every last drop of fuel out of your engine." Come on people think about that one.
My routine is always the same. When i stop my engine, i plug the exhaust. I then take brake cleaner and clean of the area around the glo plug, flip the car over and take the plug out. The main reason for me taking the plug off is too read or inspect it. I want to know excactly how my engine has been running. Once i take a peak i take my syringe and put a couple drops in the chamber. If i am running my engine at almost 100% i want to start it up again with a little more lube then when i left it.

Can't hurt anyway. Better to be safe then sorry.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Ok, well then I would NEVER use it an an air filter oil. It just simply can't do both things. One or the other, not both. If it is thin, then it is after run oil, not air filter oil.
Really? do some research my Friend
Old 05-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

rbmods oil is thick, it is the best stuff as far as ARO , its semi synthetic , safe for silicone cranks and is not that hard to start up . tip: prime your engine before starting up by blowing on the pressure line and holding the carb open

the reason why it is suggested to run all the fuel out is because there are corrosive properties in the nitro methane and methanol that is in the fuel . this will in the long run shorten your bearing life drastically

RB mods ARO if you are gonna run the engine within a few days its ok to not insert ARO in the engine , if it is gonna sit for more than a few days use ARO tip : leave your engine sitting with the front of engine pointing down ( trust me )

stop engine by flywheel unless you like to replace your front engine bearings more often then needed

also that engine slick stuff that rick sells works badass!!!!

no i am not sponsored by rick i just know good products
Old 05-25-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
rbmods oil is thick, it is the best stuff as far as ARO , its semi sunthetic , safe for silicone cranks and is not that hard to start up . tip: prime your engine before starting up by blowing on the pressure line and holding the carb open

the reason why it is suggested to run all the fuel out is bescause there are corrosive properties in the nitro methane and methanol that is in the fuel . this will in the long run shorten your bearing life drastically

RB mods ARO if you are gonna run the engine within a few days its ok to not insert ARO in the engine , if it is gonna sit for more than a few days use ARO tip : leave your engine sitting with the front of engine pointing down ( trust me )

stop engine by flywheel unless you like to replace your front engine bearings more often then needed
+1000 well said
Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
rbmods oil is thick, it is the best stuff as far as ARO , its semi sunthetic , safe for silicone cranks and is not that hard to start up . tip: prime your engine before starting up by blowing on the pressure line and holding the carb open

the reason why it is suggested to run all the fuel out is bescause there are corrosive properties in the nitro methane and methanol that is in the fuel . this will in the long run shorten your bearing life drastically

I leave my engines upside down with the cooling head on the table. Is that not good?
Old 05-25-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

+1 one that. If its thin i wouldnt use it. It sounds like a horrible air filter oil to me. You want something that is thick and sticky for an air filter oil.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdude236
+1 one that. If its thin i wouldnt use it. It sounds like a horrible air filter oil to me. You want something that is thick and sticky for an air filter oil.
It does get thicker as it sits just like the air filter oil in a spray can like fluidz, Klotz and such
Old 05-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

It does get thicker as it sits just like the air filter oil in a spray can like fluidz, Klotz and such
So when that stuff is sitting in your engine your telling me it gets thincker?
Old 05-25-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Really? do some research my Friend
Hey, maybe it will work as both, but I personally would never use it as both. Just my opinion. ARO should be thin to coat things well and not gum stuff up. Air filter oil should be thick to keep fine dirt out of your engine. Again this is just my opinion gathered from my experience running nitro engines.

I don't run the fuel out of my engines because doing so will burn off any fuel left in the engine and lines, and basically starve the engine of lubrication. You are essentially running your engine extremely lean, even if only for a very short period of time, it is not good for your engine.

I run Odonnell fuel. Have never run my engines completely dry intentionally(unless they ran dry while running on the track), and have had them sit for months without any ARO coming near them. Yet when I open them up, they shine internally. Not one little spec of rust on anything. Bearings, crank, etc... completely rust free. I run ceramic bearings in all of my engines so I don't worry about the balls themselves corroding. No carbon build up on anything, and they always fire up first try.

So I will say again, my opinion is that ARO is not needed, and running your engine completely dry can only cause issues. Again this is MY opinion and I am entitled to it, as you are entitled to yours. I will continue to do what is working for me. My engines run strong, last long, get great fuel mileage, and fire right up every time. So as I say, I will continue to do what I do.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcdude236
So when that stuff is sitting in your engine your telling me it gets thincker?
Slightly thicker but not sticky or tacky, You really dont need sticky and tacky for a filter oil it just restricts air flow, dirt will stick to a lighter oil been doing it for yrs with no problems.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I race alot, hardly ever use the stuff, It may come in handy if you need to store a mill for months, I do use it if, I park a broke in mill, seems to be worth it, I get 8-10 gallons on a race engine, sometimes more, I have a GRP .21 that I began racing in Feburary of 2008, still running fine, it may have seen afterun oil once, I will be running this mill again this weekend. It currently has a screwed up clutch bell, cause my mounts came loose in the main(My stupid neglect) It has seen alot of fuel, Byrons gen II, Sidwinder, Torco, and White Lightning, still motering on, race on the Weekend, no fuel run out, no oil, fires up on demand.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

cold fusion after run oil is all i use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.