Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by token
hahahahaha, ok, whats wrong with the RTR....... Most people run it and replace stuff as needed. The engine is not bad either, I hear alot of Pros run them for club races and practices....... Servos I covered already. I cant speak for what HE may or may not want need or even notice.

I think 90% of the people the RACE will acknowledge that the Losi 8T 2.0 RTR is the best deal out for a race proven out the box RTR..... And dont you need like 500 in hopups on the D8/D8T to get it to perform in the same class of the big dogs. Hummm, thats just what I see, and hear/heard from even HB drivers.

I just wont get a used setup, not sure where it has been and whats its been through.......
Im not saying anythings wrong with it but i think the hb is a better car even if you do spend say 300 dollars more. i spent like 1000 on mine and i love it. I had to spend 100 on a starter box so that cost me. The only problem i see with the 8ight rtr is that the chassis isnt as good as the d8t or the rc8t or the 8ight t kit cars and the servos. If you spend the extra 300-400 dollars now it will pay off in the long run. Imo. But it comes down to what he wants. Do what will make you happy because if you regret buying a car it will make this hobby a whole lot less fun. I wish you the best of luck on whatever car you buy.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

500 in Hop ups for the d8t to perform with the dig dawgs, huh???? I did not even know they made 500 dollars worth of upgrades for the d8t.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

the hot bodies cars are very under rated! It is a very good car! Ya some people like the 112mm shocks and the lightened chassis but thats only like 150 dollars more. Your still under the losi 8ight t roller
Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Im not saying anythings wrong with it but i think the hb is a better car even if you do spend say 300 dollars more. i spent like 1000 on mine and i love it. I had to spend 100 on a starter box so that cost me. The only problem i see with the 8ight rtr is that the chassis isnt as good as the d8t or the rc8t or the 8ight t kit cars and the servos. If you spend the extra 300-400 dollars now it will pay off in the long run. Imo. But it comes down to what he wants. Do what will make you happy because if you regret buying a car it will make this hobby a whole lot less fun. I wish you the best of luck on whatever car you buy.

ok bud...
Old 05-12-2010, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i had to put my whole set up together piece by peice. Had to buy a little at the time, but i got the buggy i wanted, the radio, engine, servos, tires, bodies, tools, pipe, setup station etc.

I could not get rtr anything. I have to have what i want or i will always want better no matter how much my driving sucks. If i were you (which i am not), i would go with the roller and save up for the mottor and pipe i wanted and servos.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dreaux
i had to put my whole set up together piece by peice. Had to buy a little at the time, but i got the buggy i wanted, the radio, engine, servos, tires, bodies, tools, pipe, setup station etc.

I could not get rtr anything. I have to have what i want or i will always want better no matter how much my driving sucks. If i were you (which i am not), i would go with the roller and save up for the mottor and pipe i wanted and servos.
Thats exactly what i did! Iam so happy i did i have had it together for about a month and i love the heck out of it! This is the route to go!
Old 05-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just another HB faithful I suppose! My truggy has about $50 in 'upgrades' i changed the hub carriers to alum for durability, new rear springs and an alum servo arm! I made my first A maibs and actually tq'd and won my 3rd race with the d8t. I only made 1 A main with my Losi 1.0. Truth is either vehicle is fine to start to learn then make the changes that you want. By the way if you get a tower membership($10) you can put the D8T on your dorrstep for $299. Original Losi starter box is mediocre at best, everyone seems to rewire, change motors etc to the point it's cheaper to just get the OFNA. I agree with those before that said 'buy right buy once!' You'll have a lot more fun. good luck.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I was so close to getting a Losi RTR buggy. I considered all the options, when it came down to it I went with the Losi Race Roller and set it up myself. It cost more but now I have a bad a$$ buggy that needs nothing. Sure, I could have been all set with the RTR but I would have wanted to make it better because it could be "better."

I have two buddies that I race with that have/had RTR's. One bought the buggy and truggy, the other bought the truggy. They started this season with them, have raced and done very well with them. As of now, one replaced a truggy with a Race roller and is looking to replace the buggy with a RR. The other guy with the truggy is looking to replace it with a RR. I am not saying they have to, but they want to. With a little bit of maintenance they would be tip top but I think it's that jonsing thing that gets them. They know there is something a little better out there. It gets me too! FYI, these guys drive a lot, several nights a week down at the track until the sun goes down. They put miles on there rigs.

I don't know too much about Hot Bodies. There always seems to be a few guys running them at the track but I have never driven one and for some reason reliability is sketchy to me. Given I have not researched it, I remember hearing about drive shafts breaking. If I was going to buy one I would thoroughly uncover that story.

The fact of the matter is, if you want to play you gotta pay. Even if you find the best deal out there you're still going to be spending money to keep that thing on the track in good shape. Tires alone cost a lot! Good luck.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ok i went the HB site looked at the d8t, looks good..and looks like they copy losi idea to get in the game...by the time you buy $300 knockoff..lol, engine, servos & radio you can buy the rolex(losi 8t 2.0) which hase everthing.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Don't worry too much about saving money. In the end they will both come within probably $100 of each other by the time you get the extra parts to set it up like you want.

There is also the other stuff. Clutche$, Bearing$, Body$, Fuel, Tool$ (remember Losi is not metric) Tire$, etc, etc...

Get whatever you want to make yourself happy, I did and i'm a happy D8T owner. And these guys arn't kidding around about the OFNA starter box, it kicks major butt.

The only budget in 1/8th scale is a blown budget.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
ok i went the HB site looked at the d8t, looks good..and looks like they copy losi idea to get in the game...by the time you buy $300 knockoff..lol, engine, servos & radio you can buy the rolex(losi 8t 2.0) which hase everthing.
Losi's like a Swatch not a rolex. D8T far from a knock off. All in good fun
Old 05-12-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

u must be kiding me?...lol well then it really has to suck when u get beat by a "knock off" half the price of your S-losi "rolex"...LMAO
Old 05-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

I'm pretty dang new at this but I don't see anything in common with the Losi and the D8T. Am I missing something?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

had both 8 2.0 &8t 2.0 and know im running d8 and d8t and all i can say is wow. both vehicle work good but hot bodies works way better. and i dont know about everyone else but i had to put more upgrades on my losi to make it work good for me. now my d8t on the other hand is zero mods. only thing i got thats close to upgrade is a set of harder springs for smoother tracks other wise my hotbodies are hooked up for my 2 wins in last 2 races with truggy and 2 2nd place finishes with buggy . oh also on a side note to if your like me or most of anybody else in this hobby you will be putting the team parts on your rtr just so 1 it looks better and 2 you will think it will preform better and 3 cause just about everone else will have the kit version 8t 2.0. so my sugestion is spend alittle more $$ and you will have a awsome truck or save $$ in the begining and buy the 2.0 and spend alot more on hopups and dif motor,servos. oh also you will need to buy gel cell or batterys for the starter box. charger for car and batteries for box......
Old 05-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
u must be kiding me?...lol well then it really has to suck when u get beat by a "knock off" half the price of your S-losi "rolex"...LMAO
true that blk.. haha guy at track was bad mouthin me in begining of year with his losi saying il never keep up well lets just say in every race since then i think he has dnf'd or i just plain out spanked him and took the trophy home lol. also he has a ton of hopups on his losi's and his oh mighty modded fms's ha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.