Wiki Posts
Search

Drakes engine @ NEO 2010

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2010, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aggressor08
I honestly couldn't point you to a specific location where I found it. All I know is that it is freely available on the internet somewhere. Are there any other findings or suggestions you have to people who own a Plus 4? Whats the setup for the best power/fuel econ that you have experienced?
Interesting.....

Most people don't run the bottom lean enough and then are backwards on the top to compensate.

I run the 6mm venturi in buggy(most of the time) and 7-7.5 in truggy.

For buggy all this year I have switched to the 9901 with the 41021 with great results you will loose a little top but gain huge run time. For the Losi car the steel flywheel 2 alum with gold and 2 carbon shoes with green springs. For Truggy I still run the 9853 with 41021. At my local track which is descent size I can go 12 plus in buggy and 13 plus in truggy with these set ups and they have plenty of power.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Casey did you get my PM?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Interesting.....

Most people don't run the bottom lean enough and then are backwards on the top to compensate.

I run the 6mm venturi in buggy(most of the time) and 7-7.5 in truggy.

For buggy all this year I have switched to the 9901 with the 41021 with great results you will loose a little top but gain huge run time. For the Losi car the steel flywheel 2 alum with gold and 2 carbon shoes with green springs. For Truggy I still run the 9853 with 41021. At my local track which is descent size I can go 12 plus in buggy and 13 plus in truggy with these set ups and they have plenty of power.

Thank you so much for your insight. I was hoping you would mention your clutch setup Do you mostly run that clutch setup or do you make some changes? When do you know when a clutch setup needs to be tweaked?
Old 04-07-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by CaseyP
Interesting.....

+1

I did this had Mr Drake tune mine at the Neo,

was a whole turn too rich on the bottom and about a 1/8th too lean on top

After that WOW 11min run time and sooooooooo much power

Mr Drake your a Legend
Old 04-07-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Chris Griffiths
How many stops did he do in the final? I only seen 3?? Surely not 3 in 45 mins???

Also I cant find nitrotane fuel anywere in uk. is there anyone who would import it?

Chris

Chris give Ed or Les a ring at XtremeRC in Kent, Ed is a Losi team driver and he runs it, he gets his from Horizon Hobby so he may be able to source it.

Tommo
Old 04-07-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I hope it’s true about the Pro drives using the same motor that I could buy from a hobby shop. I've heard a lot of people say they were modified some how just for them. But know the whole rivet in the backplane makes since and I see why it could be done.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Novarossi Factory sealed team engines

Hi everyone,
The reason Novarossi Factory Team engines come sealed is to make sure they are not tampered with. These engines are the property of Novarossi Italy. Does Novarossi sent team members engines to test?? yes, however not for race day. Current engines that Novarossi Factory Team are running are the same that I sell. Plus 21-4C Team & Toro Nero Team Tuned. Several of the Novarossi Factory Team drivers were using the now 51018 pipe (2084 EFRA). Some like Adam found it to work well with the Neo Buggy track while some went back to the 51016 pipe (9901 EFRA). Adam was using the 41021 Manifold (Short). Most everyone I talk to who uses "customer & team" get between 11 & 12 min with the 51016 pipe, I just recieved the new 51018 pipe which Chris will be testing at Revelation Raceway Thursday night.

The Plus 21-4 Team engines have arrived and I should be getting Toro Nero Team Tuned engines within a few weeks.
Old 04-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
Watch the US Nationals video from 2009. You tell me at what time Drake's last pit stop was and how many minutes until the end.

Ridiculous!
Could you please post the link to this video, I have done a small search but must be doing something wrong.

Thanks
Notch
Old 04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Wow

Mr. Hotts in the house, welcome to RC Tech. I'm suprised you haven't added your insight before. I'm sure you are a busy guy though. It's nice to see Novarossi taking over. I've been a fan for a long time of Novarossi engines.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

HI Jim !!

take it easy on jim guys

Jim is great people and i consider him a good friend , it is great to see him actually make a post

as far as the riveted butt plate that is 100% correct and the reason why they are riveted . there used to be team drivers that had people try to "mod" their engines only to cause ill performing engines . casey also said that the engines are the property of novarossi and that is also true , team drivers are supposed to send their engines back to the factory for inspection at the point they are told to do so

happy motorin',
Monty

viva la novarossi!!

those who want true high quality engines only choose one brand
Old 04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

..LOL, gotta love the rumour mill! Everywhere that I turned, I kept hearing that 'Adam was using a special engine' , so I just believed it because it was being said so much..my mistake!

What I read above makes alot of sense to me though ( funny how a different perspective can change things ) I can certainly understand Novarossi not wanting their engines tampered with, and possibly their name tarnished because of bad performance from a mod gone bad.

Welcome aboard Jim!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i

Last edited by hyper9boy; 04-08-2010 at 06:55 PM.