Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Some 1/8th Scale Racing Pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Default Some 1/8th Scale Racing Pics

Hey just wanted to share some off road pics with you guys. i took a break from RC photography for a bit, but I am looking to shoot some of the major races this Summer. So if you see me at the track, say hi! I'll be the phat ass Asian guy lol

Old 03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Great looking pics. Keep us posted on what events you will be going to.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobsPics
Hey just wanted to share some off road pics with you guys. i took a break from RC photography for a bit, but I am looking to shoot some of the major races this Summer. So if you see me at the track, say hi! I'll be the phat ass Asian guy lol

hey rob!!

its monty houston , you still got some of those KILLER photos of my rigs from C&C's raceway?

monty
Old 03-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Great pics what type camera do you use.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Very nice work!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

awesome pics!!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Suspended

Hey Monte...yeah I am sure I have some pics of your car in my archives...lemme check

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Prophet

rob is very very good !!!

he even brought me some huge prints of my car pics !!

no charge , i shoulda gave him something huh? i am a dope!!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by RobsPics
Hey Monte...yeah I am sure I have some pics of your car in my archives...lemme check

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
sweeeeeeet!!!

you remember my cars rob?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:03 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by The fisherman
Great pics what type camera do you use.
I've been using the Canon 20d camera for along time which is hell old lol. My main lens ins the Canon 70-200mm
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by houston
sweeeeeeet!!!

you remember my cars rob?
yah i think you car had your name sticker on the side
Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Rob, great pics. Super sharp. What range of shutter speeds and ƒ stop settings do you use for shots like that? (I guess I should just see if there is any meta data attached to those photos) How do you set up your shots? Pre-focus and snap as the car drives into the area in focus?
I really like shooting R/C's, but it is pretty tough! I've got some decent shots. I mostly try to pan the camera to capture some of the speed, so getting really sharp shots like what you have is really difficult.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by WheelNut
Hey Rob, great pics. Super sharp. What range of shutter speeds and ƒ stop settings do you use for shots like that? (I guess I should just see if there is any meta data attached to those photos) How do you set up your shots? Pre-focus and snap as the car drives into the area in focus?
I really like shooting R/C's, but it is pretty tough! I've got some decent shots. I mostly try to pan the camera to capture some of the speed, so getting really sharp shots like what you have is really difficult.

Hey thanks for the compliments.

My images had the EXIF data stripped when I ran them through Water Mark Factory. But I will post up the EXIF data here in a short bit. Yeah panning can be frustrating at times, but when you hit it right on, it's sweet!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:20 AM
Suspended

Monte these your buggies right?

Old 03-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by WheelNut

Hey Wheelnut, if you know of a method where I can extract the EXIF data and post them here via text, let me know. I will be happy to do that.

Also here's is my general technique. When shooting offroad jumps, where the car is coming straight towards me. I first pre- focus on a certain plain. The set the lens to manual focus and leave it. Then shutter speed is set high...anywhere from 1/1000 or higher. My F/stop ranges from 4.0 to 8...but that's just a personal preference. So whenever a car hits the plain that I prefocused on, I hit the shutter...burst mode.

Here's some examples of what I m talking about:

Now for shooting cars at speed in a horizontal direction, I use the panning method. My shutter ranges from 1/100 to 1/400 depending on the general speed at a particular location of the track. I like to use Shutter Priority (Tv) and burst mode on the shutter. Here's an example:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.