Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Haha, nice.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
About 20-30 degrees, which is perfect. Any more than that, and you run the risk of the engine cooling down too much through the infield and loading up, which will make your motor run inconsistently. Besides, if your engine is still too hot, you're tuned too lean and not getting enough oil into the engine to lubricate all the moving parts anyway.

One of the best parts of the B-Mods heads, is the weight...or lack of. The engine head is one of the highest and heaviest parts of your buggy. A B-Mods head will lower your car's center of gravity as well as making it lighter. That's what O.S. was aiming for with the magnesium head, but engine heat doesn't transfer well from the aluminum case to the magnesium head.
Thank's Aaron.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

No problem!
Old 10-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Aaron - whats up with these new tire compounds from losi I'm seeing; blue, white, maybe a green in there too?

Are these replacing the traditional red, silver, pink or are they just additions?

Spill the beans, man!
Old 10-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Hey Aaron, I just want to thank you and the rest of Team Losi Racing for
coming through in a pinch. I wish I could have finished better, the rain killed
me, since I left all my other tires at home, like a retard. All in all, a pretty good
weekend at the Reedy.

On a quick note, I was still wondering if you guys are going to pick up Nick L.?
Just curious.....

I will be looking on the Losi website for that picture. Good run in Truggy and
1/10 gas truck. Guess it pays off not to break......
Old 10-16-2007, 06:19 PM
Tech Adept

Slant Eyes- That was my chassis that had to be fished out of the trash! Wish I'd had a new one for you. Glad to see it worked out though!!!

Waldron- I think that 3x3 + fries + drink + single was a little bit overkill (they dont have smilies for vomiting!) Anyways, congrats on the new position... I'm sure you'll do a great job
Old 10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 8ight

I am interested in switching over to the 8ight. What driving style would you say the 8ight best fits? Also are there any issues with the 8ight that I should know about. I know that in the past I had heard there were some servo issues. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

delete please
Old 10-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M Chambers
Slant Eyes- That was my chassis that had to be fished out of the trash! Wish I'd had a new one for you. Glad to see it worked out though!!!
Whats that saying, another mans trash could be another mans treasure. No worries Matt, glad you guys had one, whatever shape it was in. Just epoxied the carbon on it and perfect. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey slacker, where is your picture on your bio? I'm sure I could find one for you, maybe a skirt?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

o.s. power - They're just different rubber compounds. Not replacing, but adding to our existing line-up. For example, Blue is the compound for the XTT tires that come with the 8IGHT-T.

Jayson - Congrats on the stock truck win! This year's open classes were quite competitive and you had strong finishes in all three.

I'm glad the chassis worked out, your truck looked great on Sunday. I'm not sure about Nick, haven't heard anything yet.

The race report should be on the website before too long. I'm really happy with finishing in the top 5 in both gas classes.

Matt - HAHA! I felt so gross when we got home; too much fast food. I was a little concerned with how much you ate that night! Were you riding shotgun or having to sit in the back?

Thanks for the kind wishes! Now you better punch it; if I can beat ya, I don't need ya!

Cody - The site has only been up for a couple days, pipe down!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Tech Adept

Questions?? Novarossi Turbo plug: long-, short body ???

Hi Aaron,

I've been wondering on the answer of the following question:
When using Novarossi turbo glowplug (availability reason), there are short and long body types.
When do I need to use which and why?!

BTW, I'm running a stock JP FXB5T engine in Dubai where there is n overdose on sunshine!!

Thanks a lot in advance for any feedback!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Tech Elite

offroadracer37 - You can tune the car to suit specific driving habits. It seems that racers who are smooth and consistent, who focus on driving efficiently without being overzealous with the throttle, have the most success with the 8IGHT buggy.

Mister-E - I'm not terribly sure? Try comparing the plugs to what you've been running. Novarossi engines typically use long plugs, but they might use a different head button for some engines (maybe that's a JP thing?).

O.S. engines are the most common short-plug engines that I can think of. It's not a tuning option so much as the head button is made to fit either a short or long plug.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Questions??

Hi Aaron,

The Novarossi turbo plugs has 2 types of plugs, long- and short body.
According to their numbering system, there is the hot (C, eg C7TC) and cold (F, eg C7TF) type.
The hot (C) model is the long body, while the cold (F) model is the short body plug.
For the hot type (C), which is the long body, I think that it has to do with a greater mass of the plug which will keep the temp longer before cooling of.

That's at least what I understand by observing the data.

Don't know for sure, that's why I was looking for some answer from someone who is more experienced in this field.

My engine came with the F-type plug (C7TF), however, I can only get the C-type plug here (C7TC). What will be the consequences??
Old 10-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

You will likely need to re-tune the engine. Perhaps not drastically from where it is currently running, but because the glow plug maintains a different heat range, your engine will run differently.

A colder plug (like the F) is usually better when it is hot outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.