Wiki Posts
Search

Appropriate HB D8 Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Appropriate HB D8 Upgrades

Well, I have researched for a little while now and cannot find any definite answers. Can someone tell me what parts are necessary for a D8? 112mm rear shocks, what else? Anything particularly important? Thanks!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default ...

If I were you I would run it stock first. You might like it like that. I personally have titanium turnbuckles taller tower with longer shocks and a bce chassis.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

You should check out the "New Hot Bodies Buggy" thread on this page. It's loaded with info and suggested upgrades.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

persoanlly the only thing I have "up graded" on mine is the rear cvd's to the WCE version...everything else stock, I dont even use the longer shocks..
Old 01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
Tech Addict

I've been racing my D8 for almost a year. Only upgrades I have on it are aluminum steering servo horn and a beefed up plastic throttle servo horn. Also, I drilled and tapped the front a-arm rear holder. If I was gonna do any other upgrades(which I don't plan on it any time soon), I would do the rear shocks. The D8 is plenty fast stock. The upgrades I made were for durability.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Adept

keep your 97 rear shocks, go with the yellow springs, 1.2 pistons and 600 wt oil,
the alluminium servo horns are great,
as for the titanium parts, when my bank acct can back up my ambititios I'll be changing to titanium turn buckles and hinge pins. you could also lighten the drive train.
other than that the D8's a great car. I love mine.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgeezer
You should check out the "New Hot Bodies Buggy" thread on this page. It's loaded with info and suggested upgrades.
heres the link: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ies-buggy.html

durability upgrades - aluminum servo horn, M2C captured outer hinge pins, M2C captured front inner hinge pins, and CVD boots.

Performance upgrades (in order of necessity imo) - lightened drivetrain (crown gears, spur gear, outdrives, alu wheel hubs), lightened chassis, 112mm shocks, all the other lightweight bits (steering posts, brake arms, suspension balls, titanium stuff, etc...)
Old 01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

As most have said, for duarability upgrade the steering servo horn to aluminium, i didnt change the throttle/brake as i never had an issue, and i had to upgrade my front driveshafts due to breakages, never had a real issue with the rears, upgraded the front centre driveshaft to a dogbone due to standard drive shaft wear, other than that enjoy the car i also still used the standard short rear shocks. When you want to upgrade for performance, light chassis, alloy suspension balls, carbon shock towers and titanium screws and turnbuckles
Old 01-25-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i run the car bone stock and i love it. the only thing that i do that would be concidered a hop up is the aluminum steering servo horn. i also grease the crap out of the cvd's and put GMK supply CVD condoms on all the CVD's. this will make the cvd's last longer than if they were not greased.

if you put a good setup on the car, the car can win right out the box. look on the hotbodies buggy form for setups.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ok, thank you all for the responses!