Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Durango DNX408 Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rdeppen
After watching Billy Easton put several laps on the fastest drivers in FL a few months ago with a 7 year old Thunder Chicken I'd say Drake, Truhe, Maifield or Cav could EASILY do the same thing.

That AE buggy is far from revolutionary or even top nothch quality and it wins consistently in the right hands.

At there level it's more like 90% driver, 8% setup/car 2% luck

For mortals like the rest of us a good car makes a HUGE difference

It's 100% driver, 100% setup, and a whole lot of luck.
You can't divide up whats more or less important. It's all important, and It all has to be nearly PERFECT to win at the elite pro level.

I can beat up newbie drivers with old stuff to. What's your point? Racing against drivers that are at my skill level I need all the car I can get.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by captain america
Who said all drivers are on the same level?

What kind of logic are you employing to support that statement?

I wouldn't call Losi's 8ight revolutionary; a revolution is a turn in one's way of thinking; the 8ight was, in my opinion, more evolutionary than revolutionary. Second, was the 8ight really the "unbeatable" car, or was it merely that Losi employed an unbeatable driver?

Remember when the Drake drove for Jammin', and Jammin' looked like the "unbeatable" car? Where are Jammin' now that Drake has gone? Are they still getting the same results?

Do you really think that comparing an apple like R/C toy cars to the computer-controlled, multi-million-dollar watermelon of Formula 1 is apt?

Perhaps not against other team drivers, but I'd wager heavily that he could lap an entire field of MBX-6s or MP9s driven by club racers.
I agree with all above
Old 01-13-2010, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
NOT the same old tired theyre all the same, the pros can win with any car BS. Damn I'm tired of that ignorant line popping up constantly here. Sure you have to drive. But If i drive a perfect race, lately I'm not the only one driving well. If the car's off, its off pace, and I don't stand a chance.

Even at the club level I'm racing at lately, a simple minor change in spring or shock oil can cost me 3 positions.
Thanks for proving my point: driving ability, set-up ability, intuition, the ability to "feel" the car, pit strategy & fuel management are all SKILLS. <--driver/pitman
Old 01-13-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry cap, I quoted the wrong post earlier....fixed it.

Good point, lets not forget the pit guy/nimrod/fuel bottle holder. Yet another reason I have to go E this season.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Alot of the cars are basically the same .The pro's 50% is driver and 50% is pure luck that the thing doesnt fall apart or break .A pro driver like drake and all the rest can drive a car with soap as tyres and still win .

setup only helps the amature and the begginer.

setup only helps pro's when they race on a field of 100% pro drivers .
Old 01-13-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Who said all drivers are on the same level?.
not sure about you but if you in the finals with drake, truhe, maifield and teh likes.. then yes you are on the same level...

What kind of logic are you employing to support that statement?.
none really... but a good car will always pull you through....

I wouldn't call Losi's 8ight revolutionary; a revolution is a turn in one's way of thinking; the 8ight was, in my opinion, more evolutionary than revolutionary. Second, was the 8ight really the "unbeatable" car, or was it merely that Losi employed an unbeatable driver?
Losi was in the winning circle b4 they employed Drake to drive the buggy.. he was still driving for jammin (1/8 scale)... i think it was peanut who practically dominated with it from the get go....

Remember when the Drake drove for Jammin', and Jammin' looked like the "unbeatable" car? Where are Jammin' now that Drake has gone? Are they still getting the same results?
not sure about same results..( not trying to be smart) dont really rem. him winning a national title with the jammin....

Do you really think that comparing an apple like R/C toy cars to the computer-controlled, multi-million-dollar watermelon of Formula 1 is apt?
yes i can.. regardless of what level.... one guy was not even a threat this year and all his engineers did was developed a car that was practically unbeatable and all of a sudden he was the guy to beat...... as the season went along it became evident as his victories started to taper off in winning... this was due to other teams developing their cars using similar technology

Perhaps not against other team drivers, but I'd wager heavily that he could lap an entire field of MBX-6s or MP9s driven by club racers.
any one of the pros can do that... Thats why i'm saying on the same level....

its funny you should say that because
he just got his behind handed to him by an MBX6 and a MP9... and rem that third place at the worlds was a MBX6...

while i agree with you on some points... i dont on others.. for example to prove your point... i can agree with you for teh worlds ...Hara won by pit strategy and conservative driving... not the car... with a whole lot of luck on that one...
Old 01-13-2010, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=COBRARACING;6848916]Alot of the cars are basically the same .The pro's 50% is driver and 50% is pure luck that the thing doesnt fall apart or break .A pro driver like drake and all the rest can drive a car with soap as tyres and still win .

setup only helps the amature and the begginer.

setup only helps pro's when they race on a field of 100% pro drivers .[QUOTE]

Duh, and who else did you expect them to race.

Setup is allways important because unless your racing on some backwards track with yahoos there should be someone in your skill level. Why would I want to race against slow drivers? What would that prove?

This " That guy could drive an RC jelly donut for 1 minute and win Every race for the next 10 years" garbage needs to stop.

Could we evolve past this rcUniverse junk.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Duh, and who else did you expect them to race.

Setup is allways important because unless your racing on some backwards track with yahoos there should be someone in your skill level. Why would I want to race against slow drivers? What would that prove?

This " That guy could drive an RC jelly donut for 1 minute and win Every race for the next 10 years" garbage needs to stop.

Could we evolve past this rcUniverse junk.
Thank you

now back on topic.... I would like to see how this car would work.... anyone have a video of how it looks
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Master

"not sure about you but if you in the finals with drake, truhe, maifield and teh likes.. then yes you are on the same level... "

-You can be in the finals plenty of times, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll win or that you're on the same level as the winners; not all drivers are of the same caliber. Some might be consistently in the final main, but rarely win, or end up DNF-ing for various reasons--I call these the 90% crop. Drake, Truhe & Hara are able to not only get into the finals consistently, but also win consistently, so to me, they are in a different bracket, maybe the 94-96% crop.

"none really... but a good car will always pull you through...."

-if a position is unsupported by logic, then any further debate of it is pointless.

"Losi was in the winning circle b4 they employed Drake to drive the buggy.. he was still driving for jammin (1/8 scale)... i think it was peanut who practically dominated with it from the get go...."

-You might want to go and verify that. Before the 8ight, they had NO 1/8 nitro buggy, and therefore could not possibly have been in the winner's circle. When the 8ight was in pre-production testing, both Drake and Travis demonstrated the car's potential, but Drake more so than Travis.

"not sure about same results..( not trying to be smart) dont really rem. him winning a national title with the jammin.... "

-Possibly 2005 or '06, but I can't really recall either. That having been said, the Drake was still cleaning his claws when he was at Jammin.' Gotta remember that even he had humble beginnings, and his current success is the culmination of all those years of hard work.

"yes i can.. regardless of what level.... one guy was not even a threat this year and all his engineers did was developed a car that was practically unbeatable and all of a sudden he was the guy to beat...... as the season went along it became evident as his victories started to taper off in winning... this was due to other teams developing their cars using similar technology"

-I can think of a whole slew of Drivers who started the season off strongly, only to have their successes taper towards the end, namely (in no particular order):
-Alain Prost
-Damon Hill
-Jean Pierre Jabouille
-Mika Hakkinen
-Jacques Villeneuve
-Michael Schumacher (1994)
-Lewis Hamilton

-Can you prove, either circumstantially or tangibly, that their waning late-season performance was purely due to increased technological competition from other teams and not the result of pressure, cheating, or strategy?

"its funny you should say that because
he just got his behind handed to him by an MBX6 and a MP9..."

-Driven by whom? Someone may very well be able to "beat" a top driver as a result of mitigating circumstances. The questions to ponder are:
-Can they do so consistently?
-Is there any evidence that their win is due to their having a superior machine?

...And yes, let's get this thread back on topic. Me want videos and more current spy photos
Old 01-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

"not sure about you but if you in the finals with drake, truhe, maifield and teh likes.. then yes you are on the same level... "

-You can be in the finals plenty of times, but that doesn't necessarily mean you'll win or that you're on the same level as the winners; not all drivers are of the same caliber. Some might be consistently in the final main, but rarely win, or end up DNF-ing for various reasons--I call these the 90% crop. Drake, Truhe & Hara are able to not only get into the finals consistently, but also win consistently, so to me, they are in a different bracket, maybe the 94-96% crop.

"none really... but a good car will always pull you through...."

-if a position is unsupported by logic, then any further debate of it is pointless.

"Losi was in the winning circle b4 they employed Drake to drive the buggy.. he was still driving for jammin (1/8 scale)... i think it was peanut who practically dominated with it from the get go...."

-You might want to go and verify that. Before the 8ight, they had NO 1/8 nitro buggy, and therefore could not possibly have been in the winner's circle. When the 8ight was in pre-production testing, both Drake and Travis demonstrated the car's potential, but Drake more so than Travis.

"not sure about same results..( not trying to be smart) dont really rem. him winning a national title with the jammin.... "

-Possibly 2005 or '06, but I can't really recall either. That having been said, the Drake was still cleaning his claws when he was at Jammin.' Gotta remember that even he had humble beginnings, and his current success is the culmination of all those years of hard work.

"yes i can.. regardless of what level.... one guy was not even a threat this year and all his engineers did was developed a car that was practically unbeatable and all of a sudden he was the guy to beat...... as the season went along it became evident as his victories started to taper off in winning... this was due to other teams developing their cars using similar technology"

-I can think of a whole slew of Drivers who started the season off strongly, only to have their successes taper towards the end, namely (in no particular order):
-Alain Prost
-Damon Hill
-Jean Pierre Jabouille
-Mika Hakkinen
-Jacques Villeneuve
-Michael Schumacher (1994)
-Lewis Hamilton

-Can you prove, either circumstantially or tangibly, that their waning late-season performance was purely due to increased technological competition from other teams and not the result of pressure, cheating, or strategy?

"its funny you should say that because
he just got his behind handed to him by an MBX6 and a MP9..."

-Driven by whom? Someone may very well be able to "beat" a top driver as a result of mitigating circumstances. The questions to ponder are:
-Can they do so consistently?
-Is there any evidence that their win is due to their having a superior machine?

...And yes, let's get this thread back on topic. Me want videos and more current spy photos
i aint got to make it look nice.......

but here goes...

1) can you name 1 guy who are consistently in the A-main and are not on the same level as teh other guy.. .they are factory sponsored and paid.. so regardless of what they are in teh same class... IMO...

2) agreed but that was all on personal experience so it was a mute point...

3) peanut tq'd every roud at a race in north carolina 4 to be exact.. becoming the first driver/car to do so with that many rounds of quals... (mainly due to if a guy tq'd the first 3 it does not matter in the forth so he would just sit out) in those times that is.. that was the first major hit the car did and he broke on teh first corner when he got t-boned in the main.. go figure

4) yes i can for last season prove that the early season winnings and late season taper down was due to other cars improving in tech. they were the only car using a difuser of some sort... and it was all over the news and every report of how other manufacturers are trying the new technology to catch up.. no sure about the other guys.. never really followed back then just watched racing cause i like it.. so i don't know about then...

5) 2 kids from across the pond ..elliot boots and the swedish kid... the swedish kid won coming back from 11th spot i think its on neobuggy.. cant say that it was a better car it was just funny that you would say that...
Old 01-13-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

I hope a mod deletes all your useless posts.......take it to PM

I want one for sure as do a few drivers here in San Antonio
Old 01-15-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

The car is sick and I cant wait to see one in person.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BeefHead
The car is sick and I cant wait to see one in person.
At this point, I'll gladly settle for some good, clear pics
Old 01-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

At this point, I'll gladly settle for some good, clear pics
There should be some popping up when the Nürnberg starts
Old 01-16-2010, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
Unfortunately no.

Then again it took Gerd 10 years to get this far, I am only in my 4th year now :-D

I was wishing/dreaming that Team Magic would pick you up and combine the B8RS with your car ....anyways good luck JQ hope it comes soon

id say if Durango got rid of the Brake system(hydralic seems brake'able) it would sell to weirdo's like me who dont follow the crowd......i bought my moogen when the 2.0t was the trug to have

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.