Wiki Posts
Search

airtronics digital servos ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default airtronics digital servos ??

hello all, i recently sent in 2 94359 and 2 94360 servos in to airtronics for replacement (they did'nt last very long even with my endpoints and servo saver set correctly). i was able to get 3 94773 servos and 1 94780 servo for half price with my trades.i have not installed them yet, so my question is if anyone has had any success with these new digital servos from airtronics. i was considering selling them and going for the new hitec or jr hv servos because the airtronics servos only carry a 1 year warranty vs. hitec or jr @ 2 or 3 years and .12 speed on the 94773 servos seems slow compared to the hitec and jr comparables. thanks....
Old 12-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Prophet

i cant say i ever ran airtronics servos but, the futaba servos and orion servo
that i run havnt had, any problems on my 1/8 buggy.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
i cant say i ever ran airtronics servos but, the futaba servos and orion servo
that i run havnt had, any problems on my 1/8 buggy.
He didnt ask about that keep to the thread so it does not go to something other than the question he asked
Old 12-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have been using a couple of s9451 futaba servos in my 6 and 6t for throttle for quite some time and had no problems at all,but i see the hv servos gaining popularity and hitec and jr seem to be the most popular. the only reason i purchased the airtronics servos was the great deal with the trade in. my debate is should i sell the new digital airtronics servos or keep them. several years ago the 94359 & 94360 where the cats meow, but i hardly see anyone run airtronics servos anymore ( except maifield and cavalieri ).
Old 12-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i run airtronics in my 1/8 scale truggy with no problems. i prefer to use airtronics since i've used them since i got into rc. i'll be using this same setup in my 1/8 on road car also.

i currently run the 94773m (digital) on the steering and 94357z (analog) on the throttle. never had any problems or breakage in the two years with my jammin x2 and i ran the analog 94359z and 94360z in the losi truggy before that and 94360z in 1/10 electric touring.

i personally have not used a digital servo for throttle control but from what i've read on this sight it's not needed and is a waste due to the fact the servo is constantly trying to center it's self. it just consumes more of the receiver pack.

use the airtronics with confidence!
Old 12-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

cav and maifield Might run Air them for throttle but not steering....pretty sure the norm for those guys is to run a Hitec with or without the label on it if they are sponsored by some one else for servo's...drake and truhe did it for quite some time till they both went hitec 100% due to servo gremlins with the JR HV's.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

All servo's no matter what brand fail in time .

As for HV servo's they are more related to helicopters than cars .

Hv's relate to the motor of the servo not the electronics as most electronics can handle up to 9 vcc especially digital servo's

From what i know and have studied real HV's servo's are 49mm in height and don't fit in car's anyway .You will see in time that the ones who claim to be HV's are not HV's at all but can tolerate the voltage for some time until the heat and current finally kills the motor .They might last 1 minute to 1 year who knows.

just my two cents worth
Old 12-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Airtronics

Airtronics servos are strong and fast, but people seem to be reluctant to run them. I would hang onto them, heck the newer ones may be great servos. There is only one way to find out. Slap one in your ride and run it. Otherwise just keep them as backups when you need a servo during a race if one of you servos dies. It never hurts to have one on hand just in case.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by COBRARACING
All servo's no matter what brand fail in time .

As for HV servo's they are more related to helicopters than cars .

From what i know and have studied real HV's servo's are 49mm in height and don't fit in car's anyway .You will see in time that the ones who claim to be HV's are not HV's at all but can tolerate the voltage for some time until the heat and current finally kills the motor .They might last 1 minute to 1 year who knows.

just my two cents worth
there for Heli's and they dont fit car's....LoL Ok there Cobra

might last 1 min or 1 year....LOL All too funny.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I used to run a 94358 for steering in my truggy and didn't have any failures.

Then I bought the 94780 for steering and moved the 94358 to the throttle brake position and it went out really quick. I learned the hard way that the air servos are a little taller than most and in the losi it was hitting the chassis which caused the failure. So make sure you use the spacer on the Losi.

As far as the 94780 it is a decent performer. I did have a case crack but they replaced the servo no questions asked at my LHS. Since then it has seen regular use and has developed some slop. I don't think it is brushless and I also don't think it is lipo direct capable (that matters to some)

By the way I have switched to Hitec 7955 in buggy and am using another 7955 in truggy as the throttle/brake until the 94780 dies.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
there for Heli's and they dont fit car's....LoL Ok there Cobra

might last 1 min or 1 year....LOL All too funny.
Ok dude give us info to prove yourself correct ,instead of laughing give us the tech info show us photos ,give us electrical readings etc .do the tests and post all your info so everyone can learn .
Old 12-30-2009, 01:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok dude give us info to prove yourself correct ,instead of laughing give us the tech info show us photos ,give us electrical readings etc .do the tests and post all your info so everyone can learn .
Here it comes......
Old 12-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Tech Lord

you claim there for Heli's....Wrong.....next they wont fit cars.....Wrong.......you say there not real HV's.....WHAT the heck are "REAL" HV's then ?

and the 1 min or 1 year comment is SO BS its not even funny.

Proof....lol what do i need to prove ?

that you CAN run them in 1/8 cars......you DONT need to be a heli guy to use them and that they WILL last longer then your said minute or year.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by The Working Man
Here it comes......

2 Funny

I have two for these servos as desk weights never bought received off deals but they never lasted. SELL SELL is my suggestiion or save them as a backup.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by The Working Man
Here it comes......

double

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.