Search

KYOSHO SE

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 10:03 AM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
Im from the US Paul..and not only am I saying it, it's a fact........We race at ST Louis DB's so yes Xray has better parts support/setup support by a long shot.......anyways, gl with the Kyo Mark, John loves his...I wasnt baggin on the mp9 PK....just saying
I race in Jackson, MS. We have 2 track locations and 2 LHS. Both have Kyosho parts hanging on the walls.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:10 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Originally Posted by noR
I race in Jackson, MS. We have 2 track locations and 2 LHS. Both have Kyosho parts hanging on the walls.

I don't think it's "fact" anymore. There's Kyosho parts out there on shelves.
your post is completely irrelevant.....what's your point? I never said you could'nt get parts for a Kyo car........I said parts support at our track, not in Jackson, MS....whatever, I dont really care buddy, we all run what we WANT to run, Mark is a friend I Race with all the time, it was a friendly suggestion for him.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:33 AM
noR
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
Im from the US Paul..and not only am I saying it, it's a fact........We race at ST Louis DB's so yes Xray has better parts support/setup support by a long shot.......anyways, gl with the Kyo Mark, John loves his...I wasnt baggin on the mp9 PK....just saying
Wow. Please accept my humble appologies for causing you undue whatever-it-is I did.

I agree, run what you want. You said you race in MO. I said I race in MS. I was unaware of your relationship w/the OP and ignorant as to why your location mattered. My point was I was from the US and there's track support.

Geez, it's not like I said you your driving sucks and your car smells funny. Take it easy. Have a coke and a smile.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

lol
Old 12-18-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by sp2thielen
i believe its an old medical practice. they used a billows to literly blow smoke up your arse. can remember what it was susposed to fix. will have to look that up. dosent sound pleasent. happy holidays

well here it is!

Tobacco Smoke Enema (1750-1810)
The tobacco enema was used to infuse tobacco smoke into a patient’s rectum for various medical purposes, primarily the resuscitation of drowning victims. A rectal tube inserted into the anus was connected to a fumigator and bellows that forced the smoke towards the rectum. The warmth of the smoke was thought to promote respiration, but doubts about the credibility of tobacco enemas led to its disappearence and the popular phrase “blow smoke up one’s ass.
dude, classic!!! ... also I understand it may have come from magicians "blowing smoke" to cause an illusion, and then it somehow got blown up the @$$? That actually sounds like a more practical explanation.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Kyosho is good.

I ran Kyosho for years, great car. I do drive an 808 these days and love it, but kyosho makes great cars, and who cares, order the parts you need, or better yet get two kits and have every single freakin part you need. If you can afford it, racing is expensive sometimes. Get what you want.....Your the man....
Old 12-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pitpop
I would say Kyosho is gaining. Lately more people are switching to Kyosho because they are sick of working on the cars all the time. This thread is a good example of that.

Mark, is Nigel still at DB? You can get support from him too. I know you can because I got parts from him once.
well he's kinda hit or miss, not sure whats been up with him lately???
Old 01-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Default COACH

Dammit Coach Nigel TOwnsend is still here as I speak for myself WHATS UP. And the KYOSHO is GREAT. I have some tricks for Trevor when he gets his MP9 and the short rear tower. Hit me up 314 4953890.

Hi Paul King I'll see u at The Nitro Pit
Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I cant wait until spring!!! Coach, are you coming to smactrac Saturday? Thanks for offering up some help bro
Old 01-07-2010, 11:25 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deeje929
Dammit Coach Nigel TOwnsend is still here as I speak for myself WHATS UP. And the KYOSHO is GREAT. I have some tricks for Trevor when he gets his MP9 and the short rear tower. Hit me up 314 4953890.

Hi Paul King I'll see u at The Nitro Pit
so what can you tell me that the short rear tower and med. shocks does for the car that the original tki kit shock tower and long shocks doesn't?

curious?

pk?

have you guys switched back and forth between the two and noticed the differences?

happy motorin',
Monty
Old 01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
so what can you tell me that the short rear tower and med. shocks does for the car that the original tki kit shock tower and long shocks doesn't?

curious?

pk?

have you guys switched back and forth between the two and noticed the differences?

happy motorin',
Monty
Hi Monty... the differences are not huge, but it is noticeable, especially on high bite tracks with a lot of flat corners. The car seems really stable and quick through the corners. The medium set-up is a bit lighter, which can't hurt either. I can say that we've never used all the droop on the TKI set-up.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trevor i plan on I have something I'm trying to sell. We had no school cause the snow thats the delay.

Monty what PK said. I had other tricks
Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Prophet

That's pretty much exactly the answer I thought I would receive .

The only real difference is amount of down travel , which you use less of if you have a smoother track and/or higher bite.
That would effect the jumping characteristics also :-)

The only thing I am getting at is that there really isn't much difference between the two setups and not necessarily know that it would be worth it to spend 100$ or more just to upgrade to the setup if you have the tki kit which does have alooottt of down travel that you don't need . Shorter shafts would be a cheaper alternative or just use the droop screws

Thanks,
Monty

See ya at the pit pk !!

Last edited by houston; 01-08-2010 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Honestly, the SE car is a great deal on a VERY good car. It has all the stuff that was improved over the TKI (first release) model. You would have to be a little nutty not to want the SE over the TKI.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pitpop
Honestly, the SE car is a great deal on a VERY good car. It has all the stuff that was improved over the TKI (first release) model. You would have to be a little nutty not to want the SE over the TKI.
the SE version is great paul , i am not disputing that at all

some people dont mind paying the extra money to have those little things that most people wont have on their cars

Kyosho has treated me very well over the years , if i was offered more than a 50% deal i would take the offer

see ya next month PK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.