Community
Wiki Posts
Search

novarossi poor customer service :(

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

looks to me like he tried to remove the back plate with the engine at bdc!

thing looks nasty on the inside? so what did it take new case and back plate?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

piston sleeve was at TDC. and yes HAD to use pliers to get the backeplate off...I forgot to mention seemed like the rod had some slop in it to? maybe I was wrong. make sure you run that engine a few tanks before shipping it off. and let me know what the bill is.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blktransam
piston sleeve was at TDC. and yes HAD to use pliers to get the backeplate off...I forgot to mention seemed like the rod had some slop in it to? maybe I was wrong. make sure you run that engine a few tanks before shipping it off. and let me know what the bill is.
you had the carb way out of wack bro
Old 10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Davidka
At the bottom of all this, the OP still can't say what's wrong with the engine. How is it a warranty if you don't even know what's wrong?
...most engines are screwed by the guys twisting the needles.......then KABOOM= i want this "defective" engine replaced.....i've kaboomed my fair share....never wanted anything for free........
Old 10-09-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
a few

on ryans behalf , the rest of the engine wasn't too bad but................
......anyone who mangles the inside of the backplate that bad should do his own wallet a favor and QUIT.............was it removed with a Milwaukee reciprocating saw?????..........
Old 10-09-2009, 09:06 PM
Tech Champion

the inside of the engine was pretty scuffed as well.... not only the back plate.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Taylorm
...most engines are screwed by the guys twisting the needles.......then KABOOM= i want this "defective" engine replaced.....i've kaboomed my fair share....never wanted anything for free........
threads such as this started on the premise that it is are a bunch of BS !!!! \

i have been very fortunate to have acquired such an awesome customer base . i do not advertise for a reason guys . i really dont want to get too big , if i did i would lose the personal touch .

it will be a while if you want me to run the engine ryan .

once again , the carb was way out of wack , is there a really good novarossi tuner in your area ?
Old 10-10-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Addict

I have done similar things to expensive pieces. I have a desire to work on thins and I have slowly learned through the school of hard knocks to never force thins and I try to learn as much as I can from people who I feel certain know more than I do. I wlil not benefit any by making comments to make Ryan feel bed about what he did and will only give him praise for trying and encouragement to continue to work on his stuff and understand that eve I put a speed motor together with the piston in backwards..... will it happen again??? NO definitely not. I am thankful that HES had the time to take care of this and he demonstrated the quickest service anyone could ever ask for. I am glad it all worked out.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:35 AM
Tech Adept

All I can say is WOW and lucky7 sealer !!!!
Old 10-10-2009, 05:39 AM
Tech Elite

wow dont know how the engine needles were so "far" off from stock as I barley tweaked them for the first 3/4 gallon then set them to "stock" according to my book. didnt want to lean out a new engine

tuning a engine is not rocket science, yes it takes time to learn but being in this hobby for over 15 years I have learned a thing or two. this is the only one to have ever given me fits. like I said before I am not the best tuner in the world but I can get them close.

mechanics are my thing thats what I started doing at the car dealership until I got on the "clean" side of the busniess . have had several 10 second daily drivers. that were not trailor queens and could drive to chitown with the air on. so to tell me I do not know anything is just ignorant.

the reason for sending the engine in was for the flaming out- which monty found to be the tune was way off. the engine case I thought maybe warped somehow.I too have never had a case do this.

keep the comments comming they are pretty funny for the most part.

Joey I appreciate your input and support.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Prophet

wow dont know how the engine needles were so "far" off from stock as I barley tweaked them for the first 3/4 gallon then set them to "stock" according to my book. didnt want to lean out a new engine

tuning a engine is not rocket science, yes it takes time to learn but being in this hobby for over 15 years I have learned a thing or two. this is the only one to have ever given me fits. like I said before I am not the best tuner in the world but I can get them close.

mechanics are my thing thats what I started doing at the car dealership until I got on the "clean" side of the busniess . have had several 10 second daily drivers. that were not trailor queens and could drive to chitown with the air on. so to tell me I do not know anything is just ignorant.

the reason for sending the engine in was for the flaming out- which monty found to be the tune was way off. the engine case I thought maybe warped somehow.I too have never had a case do this.

keep the comments comming they are pretty funny for the most part.

Joey I appreciate your input and support.
These newer nova carbs are different than any in the past , trust me they are a little different to tune . I have worked with 50 yr old guys who have been doing things wrong (not the best way) and watching us younger foreman have learned easier ,faster and smatyer ways to do the job they have done for a while . My point is that just because you have been doing something doesn't mean you have been doing iy right .

Trust me I have F'd up many engines to figure out what can and can't be done to these little two stroke nitro beasts . I feel I have a pretty good handle on it now and wish to share it .

Happy motorin',
Monty

Wait for it , wait for it
Old 10-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Monty I never said you didnt know what you are doing ....just said, never mind I can not win I give up.....

can I ask why they made these carbs different?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Monty I never said you didnt know what you are doing ....just said, never mind I can not win I give up.....

can I ask why they made these carbs different?
If you would just admit that you messed the engine up and apologize for creating this thread then life would be grand .

And I can tell you one thing , when you threaten jim or carole or chris it is not taken kindly ryan .

If you want me to tune your engine in for ya it will be a while , if you want to tune it yourself I can ship it today upon payment for shipping from you , 20$ for new backplate and 20$ for used block . 10$ for priority shipping . Just give me 20$ and I can ship the engine back .

Once again , there is nothing wrong with the engine , the internals were in excellent shape .
Old 10-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

looks like i will be going to monty when i decide to get a real motor
Old 10-10-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

I already said I f-ed up the backplate and block trying to get the backplate off...but I do not know why it would not come off I have never had that happen before. paypal sent just send me the engine.....

thanks for the help.

Ryan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.