R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   MBX6..horror story or not??? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/331246-mbx6-horror-story-not.html)

dakamat 09-28-2009 11:45 AM

MBX6..horror story or not???

OK guys, i've buy this buggy, build it, and start the break-in of my engine this week-end.
And by the week-end i've surf on the web to take somes infos about this buggy.
And i'am a little disapoint with somes post that i've read:eek:
Seem to have many guys who don't have good durability/reliability with this buggy.
Some said that the drive train is realy not as good as the MBX5R, the quality of the metal is simply not good at all, etc....

And you know what??? I have tha MBX6T on order, and it is suppose to be here this week:weird:

I've spend over $1300.00CAD in Mugen "6" products in the same week, and i'am little scared about my choice.......

For my MBX6, it's not the update version, the diff outdrive is not the one with oil groove, and i've recieve the mugen shirt in the box.

So please, give me the right thing, and i want to have inputs from guys who race this buggy, not a Losi or Associated fanboy who never have this buggy and who's only able to say that Losi/Associated's better than Mugen:flaming:

Thank you!

imaxx21 09-28-2009 11:49 AM

where have you been reading this garbage?

killabud 09-28-2009 11:52 AM

First, read through this. http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ugen-mbx6.html

Ive been running this buggy all summer and only thing I have busted is a front lower arm. I suggest upgrading the front upper rear arm mount and thats it. As for the drive train, mine has prob 10 gallons on it and looks almost new.

wingracer 09-28-2009 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by imaxx21 (Post 6402215)
where have you been reading this garbage?

+1

There isn't a buggy made that wont see driveline parts wear with use. Some more than others but the bottom line is, race offroad, driveline parts will wear.

token 09-28-2009 12:00 PM

Dude I dont even drive a Mugen but what you heard is trash talk. The mugen stuff is dope. Saturday we had a big race, the PRO Factory AMAIN ended - Losi, Losi, Mugen,lois mugen,mugen, losi, AE -

I have seen these DO WORK son..........

Get yours set up and race it a couple of times in stead of reading basis reports of people who probley cant drive. There are alot of people that dislikes manufactors, but then there are the people the loves and support the manufactors.

So form your own opinion on your buggy

wingracer 09-28-2009 12:06 PM

You have to remember, Losi fanboys are freakin nuts!

To them, anything not Losi is junk even if you stomp them with it. Anything sold by Losi is the best, even if it's junk (Losi/GRP motors come to mind). Don't EVER listen to a Losi fanboy, even if you run a Losi.

dakamat 09-28-2009 12:07 PM

Thank's bros! As i said i don't have the revised kit with updated outdrive, so SHOULD i change all my outdrive on my buggy for the update one, or should i run it like that and don't worry about it?

And for the front upper arm holder, the aluminium one is on the way from A Main Hobbies.

Here in Quebec, the season is near to be end, because the winter and snow will take place in no time, so i will not have the chance to test it realy hard, so i'll have all winter long to play on it.

If i must chance somes parts for better one, i'll have all winter to do this.

So i'll do what yousaid and don't worry about the guys who bitch this buggy:sneaky:

Thank you!

wingracer 09-28-2009 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by token (Post 6402259)
Saturday we had a big race, the PRO Factory AMAIN ended - Losi, Losi, Mugen,lois mugen,mugen, losi, AE -

Also, just won the French Nats and reigning European Champ.

jpalessi 09-28-2009 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by dakamat (Post 6402279)
Thank's bros! As i said i don't have the revised kit with updated outdrive, so SHOULD i change all my outdrive on my buggy for the update one, or should i run it like that and don't worry about it?

And for the front upper arm holder, the aluminium one is on the way from A Main Hobbies.

Here in Quebec, the season is near to be end, because the winter and snow will take place in no time, so i will not have the chance to test it realy hard, so i'll have all winter long to play on it.

If i must chance somes parts for better one, i'll have all winter to do this.

So i'll do what yousaid and don't worry about the guys who bitch this buggy:sneaky:

Thank you!

you will be happy with your choice.. :nod: I would try to give mugen a call and see if they can do anything for you as far as getting all the updated parts.. Good luck with your new cars!

token 09-28-2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 6402275)
You have to remember, Losi fanboys are freakin nuts!

To them, anything not Losi is junk even if you stomp them with it. Anything sold by Losi is the best, even if it's junk (Losi/GRP motors come to mind). Don't EVER listen to a Losi fanboy, even if you run a Losi.

HAHAHAHAHA - Dont know where this came from, my POINT being if one reads is - there was 3 or 4 mugens in the Amain - I am a LOSI FANBOY and yes I have NUTS to admit it. but i did just say the mugen stuff was dope..... did not trash talk it at all - IMO the mugen is second to the losi....

So people like this - you dont listen to - no creditable info - just talking $h!t :ha::lol::nod:

DPowers 09-28-2009 01:33 PM

its all in a matter of opinions, i have drove about ever car under the sun and i have had good luck with most but parts do wear kinda quick on some but the mugen is in the top 5 cars i have driven and i drive for hotbodies so i hear alot of grab about them but i can beat alot of people running the top so called cars dont listen to everthing you hear most of it is just hear say not from experiance.

EastCoasterVa 09-28-2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by token (Post 6402520)
HAHAHAHAHA - Dont know where this came from, my POINT being if one reads is - there was 3 or 4 mugens in the Amain - I am a LOSI FANBOY and yes I have NUTS to admit it. but i did just say the mugen stuff was dope..... did not trash talk it at all - IMO the mugen is second to the losi....

So people like this - you dont listen to - no creditable info - just talking $h!t :ha::lol::nod:

You guys are cracking me up. I am a Losi fan but would run a Mugen in a second if the parts were not so expensive. My LHS has a great selection of parts for the Mugens but the cost is higher than Losi parts.

I know of 5+ people that run Mugen buggys and truggys and have zero problems. You will be extremely pleased with your purchase. The quality of the Mugen parts is second to none. I see Kyosho's, Losi's and Mugens at the track more than any other manufacture. None of these cars have major issues. Each platform is going to have some minor issues though.

token 09-28-2009 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by DPowers (Post 6402590)
its all in a matter of opinions, i have drove about ever car under the sun and i have had good luck with most but parts do wear kinda quick on some but the mugen is in the top 5 cars i have driven and i drive for hotbodies so i hear alot of grab about them but i can beat alot of people running the top so called cars dont listen to everthing you hear most of it is just hear say not from experiance.

+10

Davidka 09-28-2009 02:21 PM

Run your kit's parts until they wear out. The older outdrives are fine, if you service your diffs like you would with any other car they'll probably last longer than you care to own the car.

The only parts from the updated kit that you may want while it's still new are the sway bars and springs. The radio box is nice if you feel you need more room for different batteries but if you run a conventional 5-cell NiMh it's a perfect fit.

tony montana 09-28-2009 02:23 PM

the mbx6 is awesome. Dont worry about your purchase at all. Every company is having drive train wear due to high power engines and the angle of the center universals. I wouldnt put any of the upgraded parts on for now until you wear out or break the old parts. I think the losi and mugen are the two top cars right now. The only thing I think the losi does slightly better from watching it on the track is it has a bit mid corner and exit speed.