R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 AM   #31
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 4,835
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
who said anything about rushing..... thats just how long it takes me.... i just punch holes and go... 5 mins a tire to punch holes and glue. If GLUING took me all day i wouldn't like doing it at the track either..
Knowing Nick I think he meant your average guy.....
__________________
Owner of the Speed Shop: A race prep shop for anything related to 1/10 and 1/8 off road racing. Check us out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Speed-Shop/382214705269137?ref=bookmarks
ABURTON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:34 PM   #32
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABURTON View Post
Knowing Nick I think he meant your average guy.....

__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:00 PM   #33
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
no nick just hates everyone and hates everyones way . LOL JK JK JK
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:10 PM   #34
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
no nick just hates everyone and hates everyones way . LOL JK JK JK


nah im just overly anal about my tire's is all......Every Bead is Perfect and Im Rarely If ever caught with a wobbly unbalanced tire unless its the tire's first run and needs to be ran in.....and i cant stand when i see some guys cars literally JUMPING off the starter box or the board on pit row...makes me think that some guys Don't even have a Flippin Clue.


I know me and JP don't exactly see eye to eye on a lot of thing's...but that the way she goes......i deal with it and move on....he has his opinions i have mine...simple as that.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:17 PM   #35
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
nah im just overly anal about my tire's is all......Every Bead is Perfect and Im Rarely If ever caught with a wobbly unbalanced tire unless its the tire's first run and needs to be ran in.....and i cant stand when i see some guys cars literally JUMPING off the starter box or the board on pit row...makes me think that some guys Don't even have a Flippin Clue.
i know i was just kidding. me and my dad were getting pre mounted but i love the calbier tire so im going to be mountin my tires now, the new proline foam and rim and pretty well balanced, even had one guy ask me what balancer i use. Still looking 4 one, what do u use
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #36
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: tallahassee, FL
Posts: 695
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

i say the racers edge by far is the best! i have used the AKA ca glue but just dont like it much.
__________________
kyosho mp9:novarossi 21-4C, nova 2084, 7955TG, dx3R
slayyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #37
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
i know i was just kidding. me and my dad were getting pre mounted but i love the calbier tire so im going to be mountin my tires now, the new proline foam and rim and pretty well balanced, even had one guy ask me what balancer i use. Still looking 4 one, what do u use


i use a combo of the Dubro and a Magnet prop balancer....ive found the Dubro to be A LOT more accurate on marking the light side where the Hudy balancer would be off pretty consistently....it much be the larger bearing's or the fact there's only 2 and on the dubro there's 4....i dunno but i personally like the Dubro over any other..downside is there's no quick release or anything you have to rig up little pieces of fuel tubing on the bar to hold the cones in place.

yes the new VTR are very true...but like any tire still require a small amount of weight to make them 100% and being 200g a tire is another big bonus.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #38
Tech Addict
 
Sam-E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 654
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpalessi View Post
i don't use that many tires either, i was just giving an example of how fast tires can be glued, and that all that prep work is a waste of time... all you need is fresh quality glue. but hey to each their own....
JP, come on man, you have to clean the bead area on ya tires with alcohol, or similar or there is a good chance the tire will blow off. You are correct though, none of the other prep work is needed, except for a little bit of flash trimming with certain brands.

Integra nothing wrong with being anal about it, tires are expensive.
__________________
TMORC - Official Club for the 1/10th Offroad Electric Worlds, 2012!!
Sam-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:44 AM   #39
Tech Master
 
jpz_67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas.
Posts: 1,787
Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)
Default

All I ever do is wipe the rim and tire beads with alcohol and then glue. I have had excellent luck with the losi thin ca in the red label or AKA glue. Great stuff.
__________________
Agama A215, Futaba, Nitro Pro Fuel, Proline tires, Triton Engines, Savox.
jpz_67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:55 AM   #40
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Salem, MI
Posts: 519
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

We have been using Loctite super glue for over 5 years, no cleaning, just mount, no problems. You can find it easy in the paint sections at Lowes and Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
__________________
Panther Tires
Wingtote
RCProduct Designs
92zero Designs
jlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #41
Tech Champion
 
losi_racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: mesa,az
Posts: 6,470
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
i use a combo of the Dubro and a Magnet prop balancer....ive found the Dubro to be A LOT more accurate on marking the light side where the Hudy balancer would be off pretty consistently....it much be the larger bearing's or the fact there's only 2 and on the dubro there's 4....i dunno but i personally like the Dubro over any other..downside is there's no quick release or anything you have to rig up little pieces of fuel tubing on the bar to hold the cones in place.

yes the new VTR are very true...but like any tire still require a small amount of weight to make them 100% and being 200g a tire is another big bonus.
i was looking at the du-bro. i used it once and liked it. I was buyin the hudy but they guy i bought it from sold it before i went to his house, o well
__________________

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:51 AM   #42
Tech Elite
 
Brandon Melton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC
Posts: 2,506
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brandon Melton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlog View Post
We have been using Loctite super glue for over 5 years, no cleaning, just mount, no problems. You can find it easy in the paint sections at Lowes and Home Depot

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053
+1. All I use is the Loctite, it's a couple bucks cheaper than any of the "R/C" brands of glue. Probably the same stuff anyhow. The thickness and consistency seems very close to Losi blue label.

Beware that they have changed the packaging though, it now has a blue bottle and different cap, but same stuff.
__________________
Team Associated~Reedy~Werks Racing~Pro-Line~Competition Suspension Inc.~Schelle Racing Innovations
Brandon Melton is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Any good substitutes for tire glue? y2kgtp Electric Off-Road 11 06-25-2009 10:06 AM
Tire glue? lowey79 Nitro Off-Road 17 09-11-2008 04:23 AM
What tire glue do you use? Larks Nitro Off-Road 34 08-14-2008 10:08 PM
Best tire glue LogiK Nitro Off-Road 28 04-12-2008 09:09 PM
TIRE GLUE pink_sleeve Electric Off-Road 27 11-29-2007 06:42 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net