Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redcat shockwave throttle problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Redcat shockwave throttle problem

I was running my shockwave the other day everything was fine then all of the sudden the throttle stuck wide open.After finally comming to a stop in a bush I checked it out and everything seemed to be working fine so I started it back up and ran it again.It worked fine for awhile then it did it again the throttle stuck open.Looking for any info or possible causes on this problem.Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks,Jeff
Old 07-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ministock55
I was running my shockwave the other day everything was fine then all of the sudden the throttle stuck wide open.After finally comming to a stop in a bush I checked it out and everything seemed to be working fine so I started it back up and ran it again.It worked fine for awhile then it did it again the throttle stuck open.Looking for any info or possible causes on this problem.Thanks in advance for your time.

Thanks,Jeff
Its could be your servo/radio gear or if not you might have scoring on the throttle body of the carby which is making it jam .the alignment groove on the throttle slide might be jamming when it tries to go back into place while returing from full throttle and not lining up with the channel groove.

take the air filter off and have a a look down the trottle body of the carby move the slide in and out and you will see if it jamming or not

Now if its the redcats made by Hsp who also make the himoto and other cheaper brands they are not the best and most use the vertex motor etc which have had alot of problems with the throttle getting jammed .

just have a look at those small things and im sure you will solve it .

same with these BSD models to get them so cheap they use very low end quality radios and engines .

but like they say you get what you paid for .

I hope it all helps you and your back on the road again.