Wiki Posts
Search

need an honest opinion

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 08:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Default need an honest opinion

hello all,
i just ordered my buggy and was wondering everyones honest opinion i bought the ofna hyper 7 black and was wondering how it stands among other buggys and is the hyper 21 as hard to tune as some say i am also upgrading my servos i am purchasing hitech servos and a new spectrum dx 2.0 and does anyone think this will be race worthy i want to race not extremely competetive but dont wanna get embarassed either thanks for the help ....... paul
Old 11-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

paul...

the hyper 7 was a good car for its time allthough it is outdated by several years it will be a good learner buggy but probably will not be competitive among a heavy field of newer buggies..... myselp i race a hobao hyper 9 2.0 and do reallyt well with it

if u r lookin for a place to race i race in hazard every weekend and will help you lern the ropes www.dixonsrcraceway.com also pm me and ill give u a number to reach me at

william
Old 11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by w_kirk_jr
paul...

the hyper 7 was a good car for its time allthough it is outdated by several years it will be a good learner buggy but probably will not be competitive among a heavy field of newer buggies..... myselp i race a hobao hyper 9 2.0 and do reallyt well with it

if u r lookin for a place to race i race in hazard every weekend and will help you lern the ropes www.dixonsrcraceway.com also pm me and ill give u a number to reach me at

william
See, thats what R/C'n is all about. Nice to see someone helping out a novice racer, right on.......
Old 11-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

+1 Used to have the H7 and its a good learner car but was way off the pace. Then updated to a second hand H9 and noticed a big diference. Have just got a brand new H9 GL and noticed another huge improvement.
Some people still do alright with the H7 but it is old tech. Good car to bash with as they a fairly strong and parts are every where but not real competitive racing these days.
Race on!!!
Cheers
Old 11-07-2009, 01:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hay mate

Hyper 7 are a great car i have one and it runs great the only trouble i had was with the fuel tank and the fuel moving around in the fuel tank to much.easy fixed i just put some washers under the front mounting position of the tank and problems solved. the engine is easy to tune even though i have not completed doing this just yet and i had no trouble running it in. the new radio will do the trick as the RTR radio and servos are good but could be improved other than that good luck and hope you have some fun with your new car.

dane