Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mbx6 or Hotbodies D8

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Also, to keep the price perspective, the MBX6 does come with some crime fighters which is worth an additional 40-50 bucks. The D8 doesn't so the price is really a little closer. I bought the D8, and am happy with it.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

My MBX6 is version #1 and it's fine. Don't beleive everything you read on the net. The biggest complaint I heard was about the rear upper arm mount on the front end and after 6 months of running every weekend, Mine is still the stock original one. Go find any first run kit that does not get a half a dozen changes in the first six months & tell who makes it. In the last 3 years I've had the first run of the Eight,RC8,D8 & MBX6. The 6 is by far the most trouble free.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I drive D8 and my racing buddy MBX6. i help him with setup so i think i know both cars.

D8 is very stable no matter what
MBX6 can be quite twitchy if not setup properly

With correct setups both cars are easy to drive and equally fast

D8 with lightning CVDs and WB-racer-Ace towers can handle as much abuse as mugen however it increases the price of the car to the level of mugen.

D8 is so simple with very low number of screws.
MBX6 is a screw nightmare compared to D8

D8 has better brake linkage - easier to setup

D8 already has quick change motor mount

MBX6 well it's a mugen and mugen cars are simply great. I still really like my MBX5-T

I wanted to get MBX6 but decided to try out D8 as i really like the motor mount as standard and it is easy car to drive since this is my first racing season with a buggy

or flip a coin
Old 03-31-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I also have the original mbx6. I havent broke anything. I have heard some say it is twitchy, but mine is hooked up. It is all in the setup. It took me a month or so to get it the way I wanted to drive but my setup simply works
Old 03-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Personal feelings here, but flat out get the Mugen. They have always been tanks. Great cars, and always decent parts support. Hot Bodies have always had cruddy parts support for all there rides, off road and on road.

Its always what you want and like. But the Mugen is the top dog here Get it, put a set up from a top driver on it, learn to drive it, and it will put a huge on your face for sure.

-Mike
Old 03-31-2009, 05:03 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Funny how the best overall driver in the world, by a large margin, wins and all of a sudden it's a great car.

If you are Hara the D8 will be a top car for you

if not, you may want to look at a company with a long history of winning in 1/8 off-road
Old 03-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

can't say anything about the D8 since I've never owned one, but I've been racing my MBX6 since late December and at the beginning the buggy was very loose on the rear, but every race day it was getting better with setup changes, now it's completely hooked up, I'm very happy with it

oh, and I have yet to break a single part and it's a Gen 1 MBX6
Old 03-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Is this seriously even a thread?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wallot
I drive D8 and my racing buddy MBX6. i help him with setup so i think i know both cars.

D8 is very stable no matter what
MBX6 can be quite twitchy if not setup properly

With correct setups both cars are easy to drive and equally fast

D8 with lightning CVDs and WB-racer-Ace towers can handle as much abuse as mugen however it increases the price of the car to the level of mugen.

D8 is so simple with very low number of screws.
MBX6 is a screw nightmare compared to D8

D8 has better brake linkage - easier to setup

D8 already has quick change motor mount

MBX6 well it's a mugen and mugen cars are simply great. I still really like my MBX5-T

I wanted to get MBX6 but decided to try out D8 as i really like the motor mount as standard and it is easy car to drive since this is my first racing season with a buggy

or flip a coin
Old 04-01-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL

if not, you may want to look at a company with a long history of winning in 1/8 off-road

This one will make my top 10 RCTech quotes of 2009 I think

Paul
Old 04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac
I don't really care, I'm sure the car is great, but having a vehicle not being "100%" was not an option. I got the 6 at low price and cheap currency, but was tired of wrenching, I sold it with profit as soon as I heard about the 801X.

It's so weird, the upgrade things to the MBX6 apparently isn't noticeable, but for some reason all the other nitty gritty mods are. If they released the upgrade version after two months, for no apparent reason, well, thats even worse, then it's just for the bucks.

Noticeable changes or not, I'm waiting for the 801X, I'm quite sure that'll be a noticeable change
since when is any car "100%"? If we waited until any car were 100%, we would never have anything to race

Besides, the 801X will not be "100%" either. I guarantee that they will be working on improvements on the car after they release it. new parts, new setups, etc. In any case, good luck with the 801 when they release it. Im sure it'll be perfect out of the box.

and now back to our current episode of bench racing...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ya, I don't get it, everything perfect out the gate?LOL these ARE racing cars, not washing machines.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Funny how the best overall driver in the world, by a large margin, wins and all of a sudden it's a great car.

blah blah blah, yada yada yada......

so tell me bud, why did HB have 4 team drivers in the worlds main while mugen only had 1. given the only mugen that made the amain was in the top 3.

i have always standed by the brand i run, and i can say for sure that HB can run with the best of them.

its all about the driver.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah yeah yeah...
I used to be like you, blinded by brand.

Seriously...

The upgrade version is the better car, otherwise i wouldn't be an upgrade.
An upgrade version released, what, two months later.
Hopups, ok I realize the hopup potential in every car, its there...
But come on, two months later, an upgraded model?
What happened, the R&D dept. suddenly got a heresay, or perhaps the finance dept.

Take it easy people, the car works fine!
It's a great chassie!
Relax!
I even believe it's a better car than the D8.
I've run Mugen from MBX4 to the MBX6.

The upgrade version IS BETTER than the v1.0
The difference IS NOTICEABLE, you CAN FEEL IT!
Don't go mental on me, just because of the little sting you feel when thinking about the upgrade vs. the 1.0 you bought in a hurry
Old 04-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

There are die hards for every brand out there. I try a new 1 every year. Nitro that is. Thats probably where all the flak is coming from. There is people who buy every car when it comes out and something happens and they sell it and talk POOP about it for ever. I stand by what I run at the time and if I didnt like the D8 I wouldnt still have it. Its a good car parts are super cheap and there is aftermarket for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.