Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Best place in the US to live for 1/8th offroad racing? >

Best place in the US to live for 1/8th offroad racing?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best place in the US to live for 1/8th offroad racing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:34 PM
wfo
Tech Regular

Location: SO. CAL. Thunder alley, revelation raceway The Dirt -Perris RIP OCRC
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington
Man! I sure wish I live in socal or arizona. Washington state needs more racing action
Ya pack your bags!!!! So Cal is a hotbed for r/c action i race at REVS and the ama/sportsman are crazy fast. If your fast there, you will get picked-up.Its all about the west coast......
Old 03-27-2009, 06:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

In Florida we have awesome tracks, the only problem is the rainy season here. If it weren't for rain, then i would say that Florida is the best. I plan on making it to the west coast to catch some action in socal and arizona.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

They are in the process of building 2 new off road tracks here as we speak...one will be a combo 1/5-1/8 scale, and the other 1/8 scale only...both Off-road..The 8 scale only is scheduled to be close in size to the Nitro Pit..There can never be another Nitro pit..but it sure will be awesome for others to try!!
Old 03-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

There is quite a bit here in the midsouth. You got Bullettown, Redline, Reo all the Memphis and Nashville tracks. Dirtburners is just a few hours away in St. Louis
Old 03-29-2009, 10:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hey guys you may not believe me but Arkansas has one of the best tracks in the US it is Called Wolf Pack RC in Hot Springs AR it is layed out like the Nitro Pit and just as fun to race on. We have around 30 guys ever club night and around 100 on BIG race nights.If any of you guys ever come out to Arkansas just stop by and race with use i bet you will love the track.
Attached Thumbnails Best place in the US to live for 1/8th offroad racing?-wolfstockpano.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by butch man
You do understand why their the best known & most popular....right Jaz?

I unlike most do not like racing at some of our famous Socal tracks.I mostly dont like people in general & really dont like big crowds,over a 100 people at a weekly club race aint fun for me. I must admit we do have all 3 criteria of the original poster,1 highest quality tracks(people here are spoiled & cry murder if track isnt maintained perfectly).2 Best racers in the world,minus that D8 guy(best known & most popular for a reason jaz live here).3 Highest level of support(before whorizion bought every body all their headquarters were 45 min up the 5 frwy)well all except the MFG I use.If you go by the posters 3 requirments Socal is where it is.

I would prefer Mlbracings description but I wont leave living on the beach making great money doing what I love with an ave year round temp of 75 deg till they make us all speak spanish,so Mlbracing I may move down there next week or the one after keep a look out for me.
Butch is on Point!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse
Butch is on Point!
Ok can we just agree that the best drivers come from socal AND arizona.

thanks.

And that arkansas track looks sweet. Nice red dirt.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:08 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by thenova70ss
Hey guys you may not believe me but Arkansas has one of the best tracks in the US it is Called Wolf Pack RC in Hot Springs AR it is layed out like the Nitro Pit and just as fun to race on. We have around 30 guys ever club night and around 100 on BIG race nights.If any of you guys ever come out to Arkansas just stop by and race with use i bet you will love the track.

Hell yea I want some!! Sweet track bud
Old 03-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Let me know when your coming! Always fun to meet new people and make new friends, plus I'm a Cowboys fan as you know.

Im in let me know what days. Excpet for the Cowgirls stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooopsss!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

There is no better place than Southern California for the amount of off road tracks.

We have;

ARC, Thunder Alley, Revelation, Hemet, Milestone and Green Flag all within an hour and a half drive of each other in the Inland Empire.

As stated above, OCRC, Pegasus, Hot Rods, Freedom park in the OC and LA areas.

And just a further bit north we have Santa Barbara and Full Throttle.

Plus, all the major manufacturers are all here.

Kyosho, Tamiya, Ofna/Jammin, Associated, TL, Robotronics/Axial, CEN, Mugen, AKA, Proline, etc etc.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I live in FL so I am partial, we have a great state series going for offroad 250+ entries usually every race, as well as some great companies. JConcepts is a 15 minute drive from me =). Our state series also sees some top notch drivers, Ryan Eckert, Billy Easton, JR Mitch, Gene Hickerson, just to name a few. Loads of permanent offroad tracks, and decent weather year round. But I am a socal kid born, would love to get out that way and check the scene out over on that side of the us.

Just like any other hobby though, the best areas are gonna be the southern states across the map, those states that have great weather year round. Texas, FL, and CA are the 3 best states for ANY hobby period.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by Euro Stealth
I live in FL so I am partial, we have a great state series going for offroad 250+ entries usually every race, as well as some great companies. JConcepts is a 15 minute drive from me =). Our state series also sees some top notch drivers, Ryan Eckert, Billy Easton, JR Mitch, Gene Hickerson, just to name a few. Loads of permanent offroad tracks, and decent weather year round. But I am a socal kid born, would love to get out that way and check the scene out over on that side of the us.

Just like any other hobby though, the best areas are gonna be the southern states across the map, those states that have great weather year round. Texas, FL, and CA are the 3 best states for ANY hobby period.
What aboout skiing/snowboarding?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:49 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Hitman Racing 1
Will do Jaz! I'm a cowboys fan fo life, but man it's getting as hard to watch them as it has been watching the Rangers last 10 years!!!! This year should be better for both teams.
Originally Posted by dishsoap
Im in let me know what days. Excpet for the Cowgirls stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooopsss!!!!!!
\

Awesome, If we can get Woodchuck at the same time we 5 can have a blast racing around this HUGE wonderful track I gots here
Old 03-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezveedub
Florida has quite a few tracks. Plus the FSORS series which is going on now. If Avon Park ever really gets organized, that would be one of the biggest tracks around. Last time I checked, the truggies were running a second faster laptimes (track was rutted badly) and the fast lap times were 52-53 second laps, so its not small.
+1 FSORS is a awesome series with some of the fastest in the southeast. I have been running and helping out Avon Park recently and they are going to have a RC PRO series again there. They have done alot of work on the track to smooth it out and now times have been down to the 48-50 second times for the fast guys sometimes! Most others still past the minute mark
Old 03-30-2009, 09:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Hell yea I want some!! Sweet track bud
THANKS jaz240 we just rebuild the track this last year took 3 months but it is GREAT now and ever one that has run on it just loves it if you are ever in Arkansas come on out and run with use one weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.