R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Best place in the US to live for 1/8th offroad racing? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/283509-best-place-us-live-1-8th-offroad-racing.html)

Cannondale1974 03-19-2009 03:56 PM

Best place in the US to live for 1/8th offroad racing?

Just curious what area has the highest quality tracks, best racers, highest level of support etc. I'm guessing southern Cali or Arizona but would like more specifics.

(oh, how is the Denver/Boulder area?)

Thanks.

Gumball 03-19-2009 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by Cannondale1974 (Post 5572195)
Just curious what area has the highest quality tracks, best racers, highest level of support etc. I'm guessing southern Cali or Arizona but would like more specifics.

(oh, how is the Denver/Boulder area?)

Thanks.

SoCal is the best I think! But would love to try tracks accross states! but otherwise, Love it here in Socal.... You can have different kinds of tracks and the drive isn't really too far apart. And some of the best Drovers are always out here in the tracks. Like Adam Drake and co are regulars at Revelation. Not to mention the Red Team! and Gil Losi, Jr.

and the weather.... couldn't ask for more....

spawn_x 03-19-2009 04:15 PM

socal :nod: we have the beach!

Jaz240 03-19-2009 04:17 PM

Arizona! We have the Ntiro Pit which IMO is the best track in the Country (maybe the biggest as well) we also have a brand new off road track just being built...HobbyTown in Tuscon has a really cool track, and we are home to Scottsdale speedway..which has On, and Off road tracks and is the Home of the Cactus Classic every year....The best part is if you ever get bored racing here..3 hour drive to Vegas tracks, and 6 hour drive to So cal tracks

Chris__RC 03-19-2009 04:30 PM

Southern California. You have Revelation, Thunder Alley, and ARC, along with a bunch of other smaller tracks, and if you get into 1/10, there are some great places, OCRC, Pegasus, and West Coast RC Raceway in the process.

Allumina 03-19-2009 04:56 PM

So-cal's tracks are awesome, wish I still lived down south.

Thinking about taking a trip at the end of the year to the Nitro Pit though..that track is suh-weet :cool:

Jesse 03-19-2009 05:02 PM

without question, southern california!

PinoyCali 03-19-2009 05:12 PM

+++++++++++ SOCAL++++++++++++++++++++++

spawn_x 03-19-2009 05:14 PM

socal is the best place on earth :nod:

Marcus Falconie 03-19-2009 05:16 PM

az

3 Attachment(s)
I love the racing in Arizona and you get to race with some of the best racers in the world every week.

dishsoap 03-19-2009 05:17 PM

ARIZONA FOR SURE

350 DAYS A YEAR RACING. We dont see the sun for 15 days out of the entire year.

Mlbracing 03-19-2009 05:20 PM

Dang I guess everyone would say Socal

but I guess it depends on your own track

I'd love to race in Socal but here in SC and GA I love the tracks

the people are friendly and it's just a fun laid back kinda atmosphere

but socal is a great place and I know Az is a great place

VenturaDC 03-19-2009 05:31 PM

+1 for socal

CarCrazy 03-19-2009 05:39 PM

There are tracks in backyards out here in Socal that could rival most. If you haven't seen it...

http://www.undergroundrc.com/videos.aspx?uID=85

Arizona and California probably do have the busiest year round racing. The Nitro Pit in AZ is a great track! In CA, you can always get a good packed race at Revelations Raceway. Known to have a stacked pro class, Revs is always a top pick for those wishing to step up. They also have a good Sunday monster truck and Electric 1/8th crowd.

As this RC racing scene grows, we will probably see more tracks open especially on the parks & recs land in many states. I wish I could do a road trip visiting the top two tracks in every state, now that would be fun! :nod:

MadRussian 03-19-2009 05:48 PM

Georgia is growing steadily in RC. Lot of new tracks in works, rumor of a Nitro Pit sized plus sized track.........:sneaky: