OS Speed = Slow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OS Speed = Slow

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

how can one guys thread mean the mp9 is always broken maybe his is always broken becuz he cant race it for sh*t then the fools that cant buy one like to bash on it the price is waht it is buy it or not
Old 03-08-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEFT2009
I didn't say anything about winning, I just said the RB's and the Ninja's are quicker than my speed down the straightaway. I have tried the 6mm, 7mm and 8mm carb inserts and for reference my friends RB runs a 7mm. The OS is a good motor it is just not as good as the hype suggests on the forums, the fuel economy, top speed and power is all hype.

I actually came second in one race and put the Mugen on the podium for the other 3 but I cannot run with the RB's down the straight they are quicker and out pull my Speed.

p.s. I run and OS2060 pipe and use P4 plugs with Odonnell 30%, I have also tried a 2050.
yea i admit the rb has a crazy top end, but races are not won on the one straightaway on the track.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

well i run a speed and its fast! im gettin 10min times.after 4 gallons im starting to see compression slowly decrease. as far as the lemon theory....i can believe that from what ive seen around my area, but dam.. thats an expensive lemoni myself pobabvly wont buy an os again unless its at a deal... got my speed back in march for a little under 400 new. mine was half lemon, bad carb so im using an old grp carb on itwith no problems.

in my opinion they are fast but to me not 500 bucks fast!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AEFT2009
I don't know about you but I bought the OS Speed - Worlds edition due to the hype in all the forums and it cannot keep up with the RBC6's or the Mugen Ninja's at my track, I get eaten up down the straightaway.

Before you ask I run a 808 buggy with a full titanium screw kit and it is one of the lightest buggies at the club, if I lean the OS off anymore it will explode and I have also tried different gear ratio's.

The RB's get over 10minutes and the Ninja's get just over ten minutes, I cannot get anymore than 9 minutes and I am a smooth driver.

OS = hype!!!!

p.s. I borrowed a friends RBC6 and I was able to run with the big boys down the straight, I could make 10mins and my lap times were almost a second quicker!!!!

run a p3 glow plug
Old 03-08-2009, 10:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I dont know if its because they sell so many damn engines, or they just dont care, but I've seen more OS lemons than all other engines combined in my lifetime..The only way its going to stop is if people stop buying them..

The people who are blind OS supporters is because they have never gotten a Lemon, and then been told by OS to go to Hell..I just think there are way too many awesome engines out now to ever have to take a chance on an OS
Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
I dont know if its because they sell so many damn engines, or they just dont care, but I've seen more OS lemons than all other engines combined in my lifetime..The only way its going to stop is if people stop buying them..

The people who are blind OS supporters is because they have never gotten a Lemon, and then been told by OS to go to Hell..I just think there are way too many awesome engines out now to ever have to take a chance on an OS
i think its because the os is a very nice engine, i loved mine till the rod blew
Old 03-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Tech Initiate

LOSI RACER

To be honest i was trying to be constructive as this thread had become a slag os off thread.
Those settings come from National Champion, Worlds Finalist former Xray now Hobao driver Jon Hazlewood and are known to work here in uk
It was ballpark settings to help this man get the performance that this engine should give, whilst every engine is different OS are consistant so these will put you in the right place.
looking at this thread not many people have given any concrete advice so thought maybe i should.

Spud
Old 03-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by richard baker
LOSI RACER

To be honest i was trying to be constructive as this thread had become a slag os off thread.
Those settings come from National Champion, Worlds Finalist former Xray now Hobao driver Jon Hazlewood and are known to work here in uk
It was ballpark settings to help this man get the performance that this engine should give, whilst every engine is different OS are consistant so these will put you in the right place.
looking at this thread not many people have given any concrete advice so thought maybe i should.

Spud
im just using logic bud, EVERYWHERE there is a different temp, a different humidity, a different altitude, different air pressure. so if you think a tune will be the same in mesa,az and Miami, fl you are mistaken
Old 03-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

to call this guy a deadbeat is outrageous grow up...the guy is just stating that he can't get his motor to go fast...granted I believe it's a tuning problem or it's not fully broken in,bad clutches? etc. there are variables you should try out before saying the motor just plain sucks. On the flipside you are entitled to your opinion as I am mine..however I think you should set the engine back flush and try again...ask a local fast guy who runs os...i know there has to be someone..what they tried and try it..good luck and most all have fun at the track
Old 03-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by losi_racer
i think its because the os is a very nice engine, i loved mine till the rod blew
You got a gallon out of it! It wasn't even fully broken in, what was there to love?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would have to say it is a tuning thing or it isnt fully broken in yet... i just got back from the Canadian Winter nationals and i was running the OS speed in the buggy and the Spec II Worlds in the truggy... i had about 12 tanks in both engines and both were monsters! It has a lot to do with pipe selection and tuning to get them right, but i had no problem pulling on the .28's and many of the .21's without it being fully broken in, and to top it off they were both getting easily 10+ minutes to a tank and were super snappy out of the hole and pushed hard till i needed to grab brakes.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

You got a gallon out of it! It wasn't even fully broken in, what was there to love?
3/4ths get it right haha

i liked the power and it was great on gas, and like you said, it wasnt even broken in yet. my dad has 3 gallons on his and sometimes its a little to much at srs.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Illbreakthat
I would have to say it is a tuning thing or it isnt fully broken in yet... i just got back from the Canadian Winter nationals and i was running the OS speed in the buggy and the Spec II Worlds in the truggy... i had about 12 tanks in both engines and both were monsters! It has a lot to do with pipe selection and tuning to get them right, but i had no problem pulling on the .28's and many of the .21's without it being fully broken in, and to top it off they were both getting easily 10+ minutes to a tank and were super snappy out of the hole and pushed hard till i needed to grab brakes.
+1. I have had engines run with my speed but i've never seen another engine that made me consider buying a different brand. I rebuilt mine in it's 10th gallon. New p/s/r, tko's and a eb modded head button. Never seen anything rev and pull so hard the last half of the straight. Bottom end has all i would want, very linear. Never got less than 10 min from a tank. Until i see different i must say the 2060 pipe is it. 2050 killed my speed, run it on my eb mods v spec. The speed has to be tuned properly though.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

O.S. motors are known to break in rather quickly compared to high end italian motors like novas and GRPs. Mine broke in really quick comapared to my 21-5 and grp. I must admit O.S. motors are quick and easy to tune but wear out wayy too fast for their high price tag.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Lord

With all respect to OS, these engines ( all their High end .21's and .28's) need too much TLC...if you want them to last, they need new rods at the 2 gallon mark, and new bearings at the 2 gallon mark, they also need to be broken down and inspected for play, and slop every 2-3 gallons, I just dont have the time, nor all the extra money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.