Don't buy MP9

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Yea OK, the Z car is better!, so is the Bazooka
Define better.
Is it $550 better than the Z-Car?? Of course not.
Does its highest cost of any buggy justify it? Absolutely not!
To me the Z-Car is a smarter choice.
I could have bought any buggy I wanted to I could have bought a MP9, or 808, etc.
Personally I like to see my hard earned dollars stretched for as much value as possible.
But whatever makes ya happy!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
My "statement" is actually the test results from Extreme Rc Magazine, which does the most extensive performance tests of all the rc car magazines.

Have you been on their forums and asked about their tests and how they try to provide standard comparisons? And read their answers?

What Extreme R/C's test results do prove, is that despite costing almost 3x as much, a 4 g heavier, less hp Z-Car smoked it in the 0-60ft time, which they try to do with as close as possible standards.
I would say that would speak volumes...at least if you are capable of understanding what the test results show.
Same as I answered (you know, not spouting , but trying to explain, rude boy) on the other forum...

I agree there are far more considerations than just 0-60 ft times. However that was not the point I was making, please try and keep up, ok...

Durability?? LOL the Z-Car is the only rc car ever tested to get a 10+ in durability.

No need to get your panties all in a bunch...

How many sponsored Kyosho drivers of the MP9s have you personally talked to?

In detail?

Thanks for playing

I believe anyone who bases his car purchase based solely on a 0-60ft is STUPID!!

I don't care what magazine did the test, I'm sure most people on this forum would agree that there are many considerations to choose a buggy other than a dumb 0-60ft time. I don't consider that an "extensive" test at all. There are things like the way a buggy handles, the fit/finish of the parts, parts availability at the track that people consider when they buy an RC product.

As for variations, how do we know the engine wasn't tuned right in the test? Or what about gearing? Same wheels/tires?

I don't need to talk to MP9 drivers to call BS on you. How about I grab the cheapest 1/8th buggy I can find, trim all the plastic and remove some metal parts. Then put it in a 0-60ft drag race?! Now I'll have a buggy that is half the price of the SH Z buggy, and is lighter and smokes it in a straightline for half the cost! By your logic, it should be better!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

First of all..You cant compare the Z car with a long time proven winner like the kyosho..the new MP9 or any other version..what you are telling us is that the Honda is just as good as the Mercedes, and no matter how many different ways you word it, nobody is ever going to buy into it, unless they are part of your Z Army...

second if RC Extreme magazine only gave the Z car a 10 in durability..they obviously did not include the Xray in that test..If the SH got a 10 the Xray gets a 15.. dont even try to say there is any other buggy on the market that is as bullitproof as the 808..there is no such thing...nothing even comes close...I am not saying that makes the 808 the fastest, or the best, or the quickest accelerator off the line, but it is without a doubt 100% the most indestructible buggy out there and if anyone says any different they are just flat out lying! If anyone is looking for the most bang for the buck or to stretch their dollar as you say..XRAY is the only way to go....the price of the kit compared to parts savings is a no brainer...sorry, I went off on a tangent about my 808 because you said only the Z car got a 10 in durability that's the funniest thing I ever heard...I wonder how much SH paid for that report
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dan
I believe anyone who bases his car purchase based solely on a 0-60ft is STUPID!!

I don't care what magazine did the test, I'm sure most people on this forum would agree that there are many considerations to choose a buggy other than a dumb 0-60ft time. I don't consider that an "extensive" test at all. There are things like the way a buggy handles, the fit/finish of the parts, parts availability at the track that people consider when they buy an RC product.

As for variations, how do we know the engine wasn't tuned right in the test? Or what about gearing? Same wheels/tires?

I don't need to talk to MP9 drivers to call BS on you. How about I grab the cheapest 1/8th buggy I can find, trim all the plastic and remove some metal parts. Then put it in a 0-60ft drag race?! Now I'll have a buggy that is half the price of the SH Z buggy, and is lighter and smokes it in a straightline for half the cost! By your logic, it should be better!
Did you not read my post?? I agreed there were more than just that to use a the sole criteria for purchasing a buggy, but that the test did show the Z-Car being almost HALF a second quicker to 60 ft.
If you race then you know that 0-60 ft time is relevant..
Like I answered on the other forum, the wheels and tires were stock on each.

You last paragraph speaks volumes about how little you are able to comprehend anything I am saying. No weight was removed from either car.
And how would you find a buggy thats half of the current sale price of $229 for teh Pro kit?
Your logic and resaoning is as full of holes as a screen door, and I am bored with this.
Thomas Paine said it best:
Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:28 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Did you not read my post?? I agreed there were more than just that to use a the sole criteria for purchasing a buggy, but that the test did show the Z-Car being almost HALF a second quicker to 60 ft.
If you race then you know that 0-60 ft time is relevant..
Like I answered on the other forum, the wheels and tires were stock on each.

You last paragraph speaks volumes about how little you are able to comprehend anything I am saying. No weight was removed from either car.
And how would you find a buggy thats half of the current sale price of $229 for teh Pro kit?
Your logic and resaoning is as full of holes as a screen door, and I am bored with this.
Thomas Paine said it best:
Attempting to debate with a person who has abandoned reason is like giving medicine to the dead.

The wheels/tires are stock on each. So? Racers don't ever change tires? They must stick only with the stock tires? You just proved my point that the test wasn't really with equal running gear.

My profession is involved with quality. To conduct a test, all possible variables have to be eliminated. There is too much variation in the test because first, gearing has not been addressed, a properly tuned engine, etc. The majority of people here would not take a magazine test or review seriously. I believe most people here are smart enough to do their own research or from experience, rather than relying on a magazine that lists durability as "10+." Again, were they landing exactly the same? etc.

You keep mentioning price. Some people can afford more and thats there choice or not. Most people here can easily afford an SH Z buggy but that doesn't mean they'll go out and buy one right away according to some irrelevant test. A C6 Corvette ZR-1 is about $110K, you think that will stop people from buying $250K Ferrari F430's?? Nope...
Old 02-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

First of all..You cant compare the Z car with a long time proven winner like the kyosho..the new MP9 or any other version..what you are telling us is that the Honda is just as good as the Mercedes, and no matter how many different ways you word it, nobody is ever going to buy into it, unless they are part of your Z Army...

second if RC Extreme magazine only gave the Z car a 10 in durability..they obviously did not include the Xray in that test..If the SH got a 10 the Xray gets a 15.. dont even try to say there is any other buggy on the market that is as bullitproof as the 808..there is no such thing...nothing even comes close...I am not saying that makes the 808 the fastest, or the best, or the quickest accelerator off the line, but it is without a doubt 100% the most indestructible buggy out there and if anyone says any different they are just flat out lying! If anyone is looking for the most bang for the buck or to stretch their dollar as you say..XRAY is the only way to go....the price of the kit compared to parts savings is a no brainer...sorry, I went off on a tangent about my 808 because you said only the Z car got a 10 in durability that's the funniest thing I ever heard...I wonder how much SH paid for that report
I can see you obviously didnt read that article.
They had 2 runaways that hit a wall square on at 40+ mph during the test..
Nothing broke.
And it was not a 100% positive review, it got slammed for too soft shock springs, and the resultant issues that they created. How many Z-Car ads have you EVER seen in ANY RC mag? SH hasnt done any, so you can throw your theory right out the window..
Therein is your answer...

How could you POSSIBLY know its the most indestructable buggy?
Do you own one of every kind?
I am trying to be logical and explain things like an adult, but your post above went just a bit fanboi, ya know?

One of our Team drivers transmitter battery died, and he hit 2 chainlink fence posts, and then a partially buried railroad tie at WFO.
Nothing broke.

I like X-Ray, and you will never find me saying a bad word about their products, as far as I am concerned they set the benchmark in quality.

Have you built a Z-Car?
Seen its 7075 alum everywhere?
Its tool steel hardened diff gears?
Its flawless and durable plastics?

And then again, the 808 is $599 the Z-Car is $229 on sale right now, or $469 at full retail.

PS I have several friends that have 808s. I have seen them break upon occasion.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:35 PM
H9
Tech Adept

MadRussian, I probably wouldn't buy a Z car for the simple fact that you've been spamming just about every topic about it. Its a real turn-off.

Anyway, I could have sworn this topic was about MP9's breaking bits...!
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I think we have veared from the point a k car guy says he dont like the new k car just like some losi guys dont like the new losi. here it is all the cars out today can be fast and great for one and not another. you can say losi gets to loose or k car is too expensive or ae breaks rear hubs and fronts or dont buy sh just because of its cheap price or xray part support isnt there but here is truth if you like it you run it if you dont you wont. unless you are a pro the .5 sec diff. in lap times per car isnt going to matter much. Only way you will know what car is best is to take them all drive them all to long extents and time your procticing with all types of tires and set ups and determine which is better that way. i have owned and driven losi ae mugen and now trying sh all have been around the same time per lap with right set up each one has had its different problems but all pretty equal in my opinion which means everything to me and anybody who wants to go fast thier own opinion is what counts. i am by no part one of the z army just because i own one. i had issues with set up i am woking out but liked some parts of car that didnt like about my ae or losi but it is not as fast for me yet because i havnt figured out set up which is the key to any car being fast.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by H9
MadRussian, I probably wouldn't buy a Z car for the simple fact that you've been spamming just about every topic about it. Its a real turn-off.

Sorry it appears that way to you, I dont post in every topic, so that would be about impossible, second iirc the Z-Car thread and about 3-4 others are all I have brought up the Z-Car in.
Sorry to have gotten your thread off track, I was trying to make a point about the high cost of the MP9, and other Kyosho products, when their durability is in doubt, and performance is in doubt as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Lord

Yes I have owned every buggy out there..I also own the hobby shop that they are stocked in..Xray's graphite is stronger than SH's 7075 aluminum..hell Xray's plastic is stronger than SH's aluminum..Its all a joke, and how dare you call me a fanboy when you are comparing the coveted Kyosho to Joe's no frills Buggy of the week, also known as the Z car.. They are not $229 without a reason..
Old 02-18-2009, 09:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Yes I have owned every buggy out there..I also own the hobby shop that they are stocked in..Xray's graphite is stronger than SH's 7075 aluminum..hell Xray's plastic is stronger than SH's aluminum..Its all a joke, and how dare you call me a fanboy when you are comparing the coveted Kyosho to Joe's no frills Buggy of the week, also known as the Z car.. They are not $229 without a reason..
well it sounds like your frills are with x ray i mean losi cop cat until then xray was joes no frill buggy of the week
Old 02-18-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Just like the 8 and 8T dropped in price before their new models came out?? Thats the reason, they are 08 models, its pretty simple actually.

Its a SALE price, Columbo.
If you indeed DO own a hobby shop as you claim, then you should be familiar with price drops before new models come in, right?
And dude read your post, it was foaming at the mouth level fanboi
Hmmm no frills buggy of teh week?
Thats funny. I guess the six patents, its success in Europe, Degani getting 5th at the PNB and would have caught Drake if it had been one more lap doesnt factor into your equation, huh?
Anyway I am done in this thread out of respect for the thread starter.

And SURE you have owned every buggy out there, champ..
Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Lord

SH brainwashing...you guys start to believe your own lies....classic

I'm done also, my apologies to the thread starter, and to the rest of you for my

Prices dont drop 60% columbo,..only on Joe's no frills car of the week.....
Old 02-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow what a bunch of women!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by H9

Correct on both accounts.

This thread isn't about bang for buck.. its about companies like Kyosho making a product and claim its the best when things like front arms failing.

Before anyone sais its user error, i have seen Dale race.. he's smooth and knows how to race!

The fact is, the buggy is being used as it should be and was apparently designed for yet can't handle a simple race situation..

To me that makes me think that Kyosho is hoping its past success will promote the MP9

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.