Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya TRF 801X 1/8 Buggy!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Hey Lutz, How do you like the tamiya cars compared to the K cars?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RyyRyy
Hey Lutz, How do you like the tamiya cars compared to the K cars?
I really like them. They are really fast and I'm extremely impressed with the Buggy! I can't say enough about how durable it is and how well it handles. I am here at the Nitro Challenge right now and even though I made a 'set-up' error (I had positive camber, oversight on my part) I was still able to manage an 11th for the round! I think after I change that set-up that I can get into the top 3 if I drive to my potential! Also last week at the Psycho Nitro Blast I got 2nd behind Truhe after an hour long main! Buggy is great!
Truck is also really good. I had a rough time qualifying yesterday, but still managed to qualify in the B-main, also had fast lap of entire weekend and many comments on how well it was looking on the track!

So I can't say anything bad about the Kyosho they were great vehicles and I pushed that ST-RR beyond it's limits more than once but I'm happy with my decision and I'm really happy with the vehicles! :-D
Old 02-20-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

get off the net and put it down on the track lutz, i guess there is a bunch of spare time in those six hour rounds
Old 02-20-2009, 12:55 PM
Tech Regular

If the buggy is built the same way as the truggy, I'm quite confident that the TRF801X will be my next buggy.
Sold off my MBX6 and kept my old but rebuilt MBX5R while I'm waiting.
Anything new om release date?
Old 02-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22
I really like them. They are really fast and I'm extremely impressed with the Buggy! I can't say enough about how durable it is and how well it handles. I am here at the Nitro Challenge right now and even though I made a 'set-up' error (I had positive camber, oversight on my part) I was still able to manage an 11th for the round! I think after I change that set-up that I can get into the top 3 if I drive to my potential! Also last week at the Psycho Nitro Blast I got 2nd behind Truhe after an hour long main! Buggy is great!
Truck is also really good. I had a rough time qualifying yesterday, but still managed to qualify in the B-main, also had fast lap of entire weekend and many comments on how well it was looking on the track!

So I can't say anything bad about the Kyosho they were great vehicles and I pushed that ST-RR beyond it's limits more than once but I'm happy with my decision and I'm really happy with the vehicles! :-D
Sounds good man, good luck!!
Can't wait for the buggy to come out!!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
get off the net and put it down on the track lutz, i guess there is a bunch of spare time in those six hour rounds
You know what, yesterday I came back to the pit changing things and trying new things every run. Today I come back, look at my buggy and I'm like, this thing is awesome, Guess there is nothing for me to do but wait for round 2! HAHA.
All I did was readjust my camber and I think I will be dialed for round 2. If I can drive clean for once in my life I'm looking for top 3! :-D

Originally Posted by casevac
If the buggy is built the same way as the truggy, I'm quite confident that the TRF801X will be my next buggy.
Sold off my MBX6 and kept my old but rebuilt MBX5R while I'm waiting.
Anything new om release date?
I shouldn't say this because the truck really is very good, but the buggy is amazing! It is easily one of the top 2 most durable buggies available! I can't wait for everyone to get one in there hands and offer us some feedback on the 801X!
Release date is still April/May timeframe.
Old 02-20-2009, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like I will just be runnin truggy (801xt of course) until the buggy comes out...

Never ran truggy before... Hoping I like it...
Old 02-20-2009, 01:31 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wanted to let you guys know that over at www.teamtrf.com you can follow Ryan's race weekend with his blog found here: http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/com...rofile&user=73

Ryan has been doing an awesome job of keeping everyone up to date on how his past race weekends have gone!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CarKing
Just wanted to let you guys know that over at www.teamtrf.com you can follow Ryan's race weekend with his blog found here: http://www.teamtrf.com/index.php/com...rofile&user=73

Ryan has been doing an awesome job of keeping everyone up to date on how his past race weekends have gone!
Thank you very much! Let me know if there is other types of information you would like me to talk about or other things that could make it more interesting for the reader!
Old 02-20-2009, 02:12 PM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ryan, your doing an awesome job and making us proud! The write ups are even better than I had hoped, so I appreciate you giving all the guys here some insight into your racing with the TRF801X and TRF801Xt. Keep it up!

You can always suggest Dave design a bigger bumper if you feel that might help you in the closing laps
Old 02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi Ryan,
If you don't mind me asking, when are you and Dave going to be out at Revelation again? I'd like to stop by and check out the new Tamiya buggy in action.
Thanks!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keyser-Soze
Has an R/C Fan and enthusiastic from years ago till now, has a reporter and team manager/mechanic and has a enthusiastic of anything related to motorsport and engines, i must say that seing Ryan Lutz driving is a privilege and awesome, since i'm from Europe, i must say that he reminds me a lot of Colin Mcrae when he drove in the WRC, always full speed and giving a show to the spectators, a trully special driver with such skills of driving in extreme conditions/speed and giving a true entertainment for the thousand of fans in the roads, Ryan Lutz is the Colin Mcrae of R/C, i saw all his videos with the Tamiya and is a pleasure to see him driving,to see him make a turn,it's incredible, absolutaly amazing.
I do see here in Europe,awesome guys running, but Lutz it's different, it's outta control 110% of the time, it's madness and crazy, it's speed and passion, this guy deserves a true support from every sponsor of him, i think that in a few time, he will fight for the World Championship!
Kyosho loss was Tamiya gain, Tamiya has smart enough to get to their team one of the most enthusiastic drivers in R/C, a driver that can fight every race he's in, so i'm looking forward to see his sucess with Tamiya stuff.
For my happyness and enjoyment,i'm going to see Ryan Lutz driving in Neo09, i'm looking forward to see him and his car, but mainly him driving at the track. Has everything that i admire,i always want to see live performance of the driver,hehe!

BTW, i'm very curious about the car, seems really cool and fast!
I will agree with this. I have not been in this hobby that long - only about 2 years. Ryan was one of the first "pro" drivers I ever saw drive in person. I also met him and found out he was one of the nicer guys in the sport. (PNB 08) He also took the time to show me his new gear this year at the PNB. The Tamiya gear looks pretty good. The most impressive thing I saw about it was it could stay under Ryan's vicious driving. I was pretty sure the show was over in Truggy until that pin came out. In buggy it didn't look like Ryan was pushing as hard. Maybe he was trying to find the limits of the car and the ever changing "line" of the track. In sum, Tamiya has a future in 1/8th with this driver. My prediction is Ryan is going to work and work and not make that big of a showing. Then one day it is going to come together like a light switch. Which means Game Over for everyone else. As you get it together Ryan, we will be watching!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ittjv
Hi Ryan,
If you don't mind me asking, when are you and Dave going to be out at Revelation again? I'd like to stop by and check out the new Tamiya buggy in action.
Thanks!
Hey ittjv,
I am going to try to make it out to Revelation on Thursday to at least run buggy. We want to see how our set-up changes that we did for the dirt nitro challenge work at Revelation raceway. I would venture to guess that I will be out on Saturday for the Losi Winter Series race as well. Not 100% but pretty sure!
-Lutzinator
Old 02-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mracer
I will agree with this. I have not been in this hobby that long - only about 2 years. Ryan was one of the first "pro" drivers I ever saw drive in person. I also met him and found out he was one of the nicer guys in the sport. (PNB 08) He also took the time to show me his new gear this year at the PNB. The Tamiya gear looks pretty good. The most impressive thing I saw about it was it could stay under Ryan's vicious driving. I was pretty sure the show was over in Truggy until that pin came out. In buggy it didn't look like Ryan was pushing as hard. Maybe he was trying to find the limits of the car and the ever changing "line" of the track. In sum, Tamiya has a future in 1/8th with this driver. My prediction is Ryan is going to work and work and not make that big of a showing. Then one day it is going to come together like a light switch. Which means Game Over for everyone else. As you get it together Ryan, we will be watching!!!
Thanks!!! I pretty much agree with your assumption. Any time you have a new vehicle it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of it. Myself and Dave are the primary drivers for the car and Dave is totally new to 1/8th offroad. So it will take a little bit of time for us to figure each other out and what the car needs. However, i agree that when that time comes the world will be on notice! haha
Old 02-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KRCRacer22
Thanks!!! I pretty much agree with your assumption. Any time you have a new vehicle it takes some time to learn the ins and outs of it. Myself and Dave are the primary drivers for the car and Dave is totally new to 1/8th offroad. So it will take a little bit of time for us to figure each other out and what the car needs. However, i agree that when that time comes the world will be on notice! haha
Ryan you got a pm good to see ya surfing the threads again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.