Wiki Posts
Search

brushless in rc pro series

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default brushless in rc pro series

i am thinking about getting a rc8 and getting the tekno brushless setup for it, i was wondering if they are going to allow brushless 1/8 buggy in rc pro series and what is the rules? 36mm motor or 44mm??? what size of battery?
Old 12-21-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losiracer22
i am thinking about getting a rc8 and getting the tekno brushless setup for it, i was wondering if they are going to allow brushless 1/8 buggy in rc pro series and what is the rules? 36mm motor or 44mm??? what size of battery?
they are gonna make you run a different class you wimp.... post this on the electric thread! we do not want you hear!! LOL
Old 12-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

lol they ran the electric revo with the gas at the last rc pro......that is monster truck class though... Your just scared.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If I were to electrify a RC8 I would buy the conversion kit that Associated makes for it.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

batteries are for stater boxes.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickboy
x2!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Initiate

And transmitters...and receiver packs...and glow drivers...and temp guns.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

if you go to rc pros web site they are making an electric 8th scale class they are working in the rules as we type. im sure carlton will keep every one informed. if you have a question i would aks carlton so there in no confusion. you can email him from the rc pro site.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:15 AM
Tech Adept

I'm a nitro guy through and through, but I've run a couple brushless powered 1/8 buggies and they're pretty fast. I could see myself owning one as soon as the cost of the motors and speed controls come down. There's nothing about their construction that should make them that much more expensive, but for now, they're charging what they have to because I imagine that they haven't figured out how to make them more efficiently.

I got into nitro many years ago because electric didn't offer nearly as much power, durability and run time. Now the brushless is making that less of an issue. I'll always be a nitro guy first, but brushless is interesting to say the least.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcg33k
I'm a nitro guy through and through, but I've run a couple brushless powered 1/8 buggies and they're pretty fast. I could see myself owning one as soon as the cost of the motors and speed controls come down. There's nothing about their construction that should make them that much more expensive, but for now, they're charging what they have to because I imagine that they haven't figured out how to make them more efficiently.

I got into nitro many years ago because electric didn't offer nearly as much power, durability and run time. Now the brushless is making that less of an issue. I'll always be a nitro guy first, but brushless is interesting to say the least.
Hopefully, RC Pro Series talks to the folks actually racing them now and makes the rules flexible and based on common sense and what actually works. It really shouldn't be difficult. All they need to do is say must be a standard 1/8 buggy and 3 to 6 cell lipo pack. If they let us run with the nitros, just mandate a 3 to 5 second pit stop every 10 minutes OR if it is a main longer than 20 minutes requiring a battery swap, the swap counts as the pit stops since it is the equivalent of maybe 4 or 5 pits.

if the cars run seperately, just have two 15 minute mains instead of one long 30 minute main.

The cost of electric is not expensive. You can get the Castle ESC and Motor for $300 bucks. The $100 zippy (hobbycity.com) lipos are plenty for racing.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Youre just mad because a little battery powered truck can beat your nitro truck.

Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcg33k

I came back into R/C after being a way for a long time. I had no idea how far electric (brushless/lipo) had come! Needless to say I'm regretting my Mugen MBX6 purchase because I think I'd rather have a e-buggy. I'm sure there will be an MBX6 conversion kit soon, so I won't even bother building it until it comes out. Needless to say I'm hooked on electric. So for me, I'll only own Gas (2-stroke / pump gas) like the HPI Baja and brushless, Nitro just isn't going to cut it any more.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

200 entry limit and now 9 classes at a divisional race, that averages out to 22.2 cars per class. Spend all that money for a 3 day event and race 21 other people in a class. No thanks might as well save money and just club race.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gasser
200 entry limit and now 9 classes at a divisional race, that averages out to 22.2 cars per class. Spend all that money for a 3 day event and race 21 other people in a class. No thanks might as well save money and just club race.
I say let the electrics run with the nitros and just call it a day... as an electric racer, it would be nice to have my own class, but I really don't care one way or the other. I just view it as 1/8 buggy/truggy racing and really don't care if it is electric or nitro for the most part. No need to create a smaller class if the numbers aren't large enough to really support it yet.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Legend

For me , I like the idea of a E Buggy , just that as soon as I buy the thing the politics will separate the class`s and kill the fun for me....

Its a big investment after all....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.