Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Handling difference between D8 and 8ight 2.0? >

Handling difference between D8 and 8ight 2.0?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Handling difference between D8 and 8ight 2.0?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Handling difference between D8 and 8ight 2.0?

From reading the threads, it sounds like the 2.0 is more forgiving compared to the 1.0.

Has anyone ran both the Hot Bodies D8 and 2.0? If so, how does the handling compare between the two? My driving style is some what conservative. I try to be fairly smooth and try not to be too aggressive.

Maybe even 1.0 would be OK with my style. It sounds like the main issues with the 1.0, is when racers tried to get too aggressive.

How does the quality and durability compare between the D8 and 8ight 2.0? The main issue I have heard about on the 2.0 is the front tower breaking. The D8 seems to have CVD breaking issues.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

They havecame out with some better CVD's and to prevent beakage you just have to do alittle dremeling on the rear hub. I love my D8 but truthfully I havent driven it yet. SNOW IS KILLING ME.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianr34
From reading the threads, it sounds like the 2.0 is more forgiving compared to the 1.0.

Has anyone ran both the Hot Bodies D8 and 2.0? If so, how does the handling compare between the two? My driving style is some what conservative. I try to be fairly smooth and try not to be too aggressive.

Maybe even 1.0 would be OK with my style. It sounds like the main issues with the 1.0, is when racers tried to get too aggressive.

How does the quality and durability compare between the D8 and 8ight 2.0? The main issue I have heard about on the 2.0 is the front tower breaking. The D8 seems to have CVD breaking issues.
I have not owned both cars but I have had the losi. While I currently drive a mugen buggy I can share this. I drove a friends losi 1.0 one day at an outdoor event and was very impressed, I felt as if I could drive the car very hard and it was pretty stable and planted. I liked it so much that I sold my 808 buggy that I had at the time and bought an 8ight. The weird thing is though that I could never get my own losi to handle right or stay together. I feel it was just bad luck because everyone else that had the car did not have the issues I did, probably just user error. Long story short the losi is a good handling buggy that I think can be driven hard or smooth and still be fast, I have witnessed both. There are 2 losi factory drivers in my area and one is more smooth and precise and the other drives a little more punched. If you were to get an eight get the 2.0 for sure, my racer buddies that have it say it is a better car than the original. Good luck.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

There is a local fast guy who has had almost all the cars I can think of at one point or another. Since the D8 won the worlds he got one to try out. Then when the 2.0 was released he bought one of them. He was without a doubt faster with the 2.0 and sold the D8 shortly after running the 2.0.
Old 12-20-2008, 01:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Are there any durability concerns with the 2.0, other than the front tower breaking?

I had a 1.0 about 6 months ago and I did not have any issues with parts breaking. Is the 2.0 as durable as the 1.0?
Old 12-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brianr34
Are there any durability concerns with the 2.0, other than the front tower breaking?

I had a 1.0 about 6 months ago and I did not have any issues with parts breaking. Is the 2.0 as durable as the 1.0?
One of the goals in the 2.0, as stated in Losi's preview of the 2.0, was to make to it durable enough to last in those long main events.